Gay marriage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
......meanwhile, back at Gay Marriage now being legal....

I think you have to accept that the topic of homophobia and gay marriage kinda go hand in hand... (down the aisle to Liza Minelli show tunes if you are Scottdolly)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think you have to accept that the topic of homophobia and gay marriage kinda go hand in hand... (down the aisle to Liza Minelli show tunes if you are Scottdolly)

Well I caught the end of Gay Marriage the Musical tonight, and I found it very moving... I'm not gay and I'm not huge on musical theatre, but the sentiment and emotions really hit home!

Edited to add that I don't consider Lisa Minelli show tunes as musical theatre as I love both her and Judy !

Lets look at this another way.

"I hate black people. When I see them kissing on tv it turns my stomach. I know my child will never marry a black person because they do not show the symptoms and because I have sheilded them from it"

THIS IS NOT A TRUE STATEMENT BUT ONE WE USED TO HEAR 15 YEARS AGO BUT NOW IT IS DISGUSTING AND SHOCKING (AND BLOODY RIGHTLY SO) What gives anyone the right tp say these things about gay couples and have it just written off as her right to share an opinion? .

I don't but anyone reading that would be shocked and disgusted. Why should we be allowed to spout off hate speach just because it is "our opinion?
You CAN not judge the ability someone has to love a child, or antother person, based on their sex,religious beliefs, skin colour or who they like to kiss.

Yep also Egyptians and black people were slaves as christians used the bible against black people and in the end they got their freedom but what I can't understand why does a lot of black people call each other the N word never understood why? when white people used that as a insult. I don't hear it in the uk but mostly America.

Well I caught the end of Gay Marriage the Musical tonight, and I found it very moving... I'm not gay and I'm not huge on musical theatre, but the sentiment and emotions really hit home!

Oh I missed it! I love a good show tune.

Theeeeeeeeres NO BUSINESS like SHOWWWW BUSINESSSA like NOOOO BUSINESS I KNOWWWWWWW

Theeeeeeeeres NO BUSINESS like SHOWWWW BUSINESSSA like NOOOO BUSINESS I KNOWWWWWW

And as for me,
I made up my mind back in Chelsea,
When I go, I'm going like Elsie.

Start by admitting
From cradle to tomb
Isn't that long a stay.
Life is a Cabaret, old chum,
Only a Cabaret, old chum,
And I love a Cabaret!

Anyway just to get a bit more serious again...

It can only be a good thing that same sex couples can now get married and enjoy all the benefits that go with it. Marriage may not be for everyone and I do understand that having lived with my husband for several years before getting married.
But sadly life doesn't always go the way you want, and you can find yourself bereaved and alone. Being married ensures you have automatic custody of children, rights to a pension,your home and all manner of Insurance without a lot of hassles.
It is only fair that everyone has these rights.

Anyway just to get a bit more serious again...

It can only be a good thing that same sex couples can now get married and enjoy all the benefits that go with it. Marriage may not be for everyone and I do understand that having lived with my husband for several years before getting married.
But sadly life doesn't always go the way you want, and you can find yourself bereaved and alone. Being married ensures you have automatic custody of children, rights to a pension,your home and all manner of Insurance without a lot of hassles.
It is only fair that everyone has these rights.

I think the law has changed now with respect to children. If you are named on the birth certificate then you get automatic parental responsibility, unless a court says otherwise. Am pretty sure same sex couples can be named on certificate. Elton and David are x

I think it's amazing for loving adult couples.

Grew up in a Christian home. I love me some Jesus. Remember in the Bible how accepting Jesus was of nearly everyone. He was selfless. My personal feeling is G*d has way more to deal with than a grown couple loving and caring for each other.

Many of my lesbian friends who are couples are way less showy than heteros who seem to sometimes have to always prove something.

(Cramming everything into one thread. But the "N" word here in the States is out of hand. So blacks can use it, but whites can't. It should be no one can use it. Many white young guys grow up in black culture. To them they hang with their friends and it's a normal word. It's not an insult to many young black and white boys here. They don't even know the history behind it. Yet if they use it, they are racist while their black best friend isn't. Shouldn't be used by anyone.)

Last edited:
"Symptoms of it" made me laugh! Haven't heard such bigoted views in a while! Are we back in the 80s?

My step- Sister is gay and in a happy committed relationship so my children see her being affectionate to her partner all the time (I hate PDAs from anyone gay, straight, purple or blue). My son hasn't ever passed comment on it it's just normal to us, but:

She asked me yesterday if we can talk to my 7 year old about it because apparently at Christmas he said "being gay is disgusting".

I was disappointed to hear he had come out with that! I actually wasn't aware he even had an opinion on it! This is school playground ground views for you I suppose!

I asked him again yesterday in front of her what he thought of gay marriage and the idea of gay and he said "before I thought it was disgusting, but now I realised it was wrong to think that and actually it's none of my business". It's a shame even the homophobic ones of us can't think like this.

And this story is absolutely heartbreaking: Harris County, Texas stepmother and father 'kept starving son under the stairs' | Mail Online

He's malnourished by a long shot. If a gay or lesbian couple adopted him, brought him back to life, and provided a kind loving home, do the religious among us really think his adoptive parents would be turned away from heaven? I don't think so.

I'm not Catholic, but if you are take a good look at your new Pope. He crosses the lines much like Jesus would. I grew up Baptist, but there is something about Pope Francis and his ability to relate to real people that is inspiring and I hope it continues.

And this is such a sad story to read. His little frame. Have tears typing this. His tiny velcro sneakers. Many couples, hetero, gay, lesbian would love to provide a loving home and guidance for him to become a strong young man. It doesn't matter what sex they decide to marry if they can provide love and guidance.

I was quiet happy with civil partnership. I don't think there was any need for marriage.

If you were happy with civil partnership I don't get why marriage bothers you?
I saw civil partnership equal to marriage really, two people who love each other making a commitment to each other. The fact it's called marriage now just means it's equal rights for everyone.

Makes no sense to me????

Also just an aside: as a child who was in care for periods in my life- having some parents who love you, whether they be gay or straight, blue or purple, is better than having nobody at all!

Surely that's what equality is all about, having the choice!
Marriage if you want, Civil Partnership if you want, just live together if you want.

That's what the majority of us have had all these years ;)

A child needs a mother and a father. Not two of the same. Think of the ridicule from other children.

Surrey Girl through and through x

The ridicule from the other children would be brought about by people 'shielding' their children from homosexuality. Hide something from
children and it becomes dirty and abnormal in their minds. Children aren't born homophobic or racist, their parents instil these views in them.

In 30 years time it will the be children who were raised to be intolerant that will struggle to fit in to society, not black children or those who grow up to be gay.

To me, it's like an unsolved puzzle, you know that way when your confused with trying to make the pieces fit together, for starters what about the religious people who dedicated their lives, some of them even celibate or equally life changing for their faith, how do they feel about this new order ? or do they not matter. Where do the children in the future come from ? test tubes, will that eventually lead to a disconnection from spirit, the holy spirit because they are not born from the spirit before them ? or do women become just the incubators for everyone else ?
I completely can't get my head around it, it just throws up loads of unanswered questions, but im sure someone has all the answers and this is why they decided to do it.
Me, im lost on this one ???

Why?

We got a civil partnership for the legal side. I was really grateful for that. I don't need to get a marriage to make any difference to that. I won't be paying £100 to convert my civil partnership to a marriage :)

I don't see why a gay couple would want to marry in a place of a religion that doesn't accept them or agree with their relationship, that would baffle me. I don't feel a religion should be forced to change either.

It's fantastic that gay people can now get married & legally it's the same as a straight couple & can just be called a marriage no need to use the words gay or straight :)

My aunty who is gay said the exact same thing, she is "married" to her partner through a civil partnership and while she agreed that it was great that they could now get "properly married" she would not want to do it in a church that thinks their lifestyle is sinful and morally wrong!!

So she did all the legal and paperwork side in a register office and then had their own ceremony in the woods (they are both wiccan) it was a lovely day and said it meant more to her than standing in a house of God before some one that does not agree with her sexual orientation.

I do agree though that the should be no difference between what couples can get married, if they so wish - love is love!! Xx
Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

My children will not be gay. I can assure you. They show no symptoms of it.

If they were it would be okay but I would never be 100% with it.

Surrey Girl through and through x

A child doesn't need a mother and father, my son has done perfectly well with only myself raising him for most of his life, and now planning his collage course for A level law,

No symptoms of being gay? Sorry I did have to giggle at this lol, my friends brother is tbe biggest, butch tattooed builder with tbe deepest voice with testerone oozing out of every pore and he is as gay as they come, but you'd never know in a million years by looking and talking to him :) x

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back