Geeg's Tutorials

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeetNailz

Reaction score
Geeg
Your recent tutorials are a mine of information and techniques. You mentioned in the Brush control tutorial that you would be doing some tutorials for gel users. I have printed off all the tutorials and lovingly made a binder to hold them but as some appear to be mainly for liquid and powder these are saved for the future as I 'm a gel girl at present (have a course coming up in the next few months for alternative systems).
I just wondered when you might get around to this, especially gel application, although I appreciate you are a very busy lady and time must be limited.

Julie

I will be getting 'round to the gel turorials in the next few weeks. I'll have some time on my hands then (for a change). Watch out for them. So glad you like them and have found them useful.

Many thanks - I will indeed keep an eye open for them.

Well... the good news is... I am tickled pink about geeg's tutorials!! (Insert several applause emoticons) They are exceptional! (And I can't believe its free) I wanted to jump in here and thank you personally, Geeg. Also, like Julie I have printed them and have a special binder for my 'Geeg's golden rules':Love: . I have to admit that since I have been a member here the things you say in your posts are always informative... but several things I just didn't get stuck in my mind until I did. Boy, that sounds confusing! :lol: To make a long story short... I can see a big improvement in my nails from your tutorials and comments. Thank you soooooooo much for the knowledge and expertise you so freely share!!!! :hug:

The bad knews is... there isn't enough teachers of the same callibre (sp?) as you to go around!!! :cry: Hummm, wander if I could :idea::biggrin: get my hubby to move to Spain. ROFL

Thanks again,
Judy

I'm glad you are finding them useful.

I believe that even though there are a LOAD of books and things out there that are very valuable, there is nothing about technique. And schools are notoriously bad at teaching technique as half the time the tutors aren't that great. Videos only show so much and even then, the nail technicians on the videos are not always brillient. :irked: So I started with one to help with tip blending and it sort of escalated from there :D

You are so right!! Several years ago I went to the college I am presently at for cosmetology. The entire time I was there my instructor tried to get me to transfer to the nail tech coarse but I didn't. :smack: At that time the coarse was taught by a CND tech and the school used all cnd products. She is no longer there and I am sad to say the new instructor gets to choose the product.:irked:

Although, I know the basics of nails I wanted to go back because so many thing are changing and fast. This school has a very high rate for passing the state boards, the director and every instructor there is top notch... except my instructor. I drive an hour and fifteen minutes one way everyday just so I could go to this school because of the reputation I personally know it has. There are three other colleges at least 30 minutes closer. I am really disappointed with this instructor and its not just because she doesn't use cnd. I am hanging in there though because she is leaving soon and I am using this time to really focus on the book work. I am 3 weeks into this qtr and I have 12 of the 20 chapters completed. Anyhoo...I am a firm believer in education but techs should know how to do nails when they come out of school. At least a decent set.

Sorry... I am just very frustrated with my situation at the moment.

Thanks again for the integrity, knowledge and skill you bring to the industry.
Judy

firebride said:
The bad knews is... there isn't enough teachers of the same callibre (sp?) as you to go around!!! :cry: Hummm, wander if I could :idea::biggrin: get my hubby to move to Spain. ROFL

Thanks again,
Judy

I agree with Judy wholeheartedly.

I also would like to thank Geeg for all the time and effort that she has put into these tutorials.......I have my own special folder too!!!!! :o

Latest posts

Back