Geeks, I need advice, this is no fun

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kismet

Reaction score
Hi all thanks for reading. So I have this client that is so picky about her nails she comes in every well for a rebalance and new art work. Its been wonderful because I have a paying weekly client, I get to do lots of art and she talks about me non stop so im getting new clients.
This woman has also become my friend outside of work.
Here is the no fun part.
A few weeks ago the hair dresser that does the clients color came to me and said that the client asked if I use proper sanitation methods for my tools because she didnt see me put them in a jar a fluid after use. Well I take them in the back scrub them with soap and water them immerses them for the proper amount of time. Or I dispose of them.
So I didnt think much of it but I didnt like that she went to someone I work with and not me with her question.
Today I got a call from the salon owner. I am independent by the way. The salon owner said the client had come in when I wasn't there and told her that if I continued to be late or cancel appointments on people she would stop sending me clients and stop coming herself. That im not professional and I dont respect my clients time. Wow!
First of all I just had dinner with this woman last night and second the woman she is complaining to is not my boss. She is the woman I rent my station from. The bad thing is its a small town and the client is very well networked around here with my target market. I was late by a few minutes for our last appointment it was my fault I apologized. I have never cancelled on a client that I can remember and if I did it was months before I met her when I had strep throte.
I dont know how to handle this I have gone over board trying to be good to this client because she has helped me build so much. I gave her a free spa pedicure as a Christmas gift because she has never had one. Plus I give her a very good rate on her weekly nail appointments.
Im hurt and confused and embarrassed that the salon owner and a co worker had to be involved. How do i handle this? Should i do nothing and just be extra careful to get to work before her appointment and lessen our outside friendship? Yuck, see why i say this is no fun :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I would contact her and ask what the problem is.

I would honestly tackle this head on. What this person has done is so two faced it would eat away at me if I didn't confront her, especially as you said you are friends away from the Salon.

You must feel really hurt by this, I know I would. Confront her and see if your friendship and professional relationship can be saved x

How awful for you. I wonder if maybe its one of the clients she has recommended that is causing the trouble. Maybe she is complaining to your regular client and she in turn is not handling it the right way.

Or maybe she feels you should pamper her more as she is so regular and recommends.

Yes you need to speak to her and find out what is going on. This must be so hurtful for you.

merry christmas

xx

I would make an absolute point of showing her your sanitation/sterilisation methods, put your barbicide or whatever you use on your nail station and spray everything with sanitise spray as well before you even start working on her. Be on time, stop all personal conversation with her and don't see her outside of your nail appointments. You need to rise above it, if she wants to be two faced and unpleasant then she's not the sort of person you want as a friend anyway. Maybe you could say something along the lines of 'I'm very sorry, I've heard you're not happy with some aspects of my service, if you'd like to talk to me about it I can see what I do to resolve it for you'. That way the ball is in her court, you've remained professional and called her on it without making yourself look bad. x

Latest posts

Back