Geeks with babies & a Beetle!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ch4rli3

Reaction score
I am looking at changing my car and am trying to find anyone that has a VW Beetle ( new shape ) and a Quinny Buzz pushchair!!!! LONG SHOT I KNOW!!

Anyone know if a Quinny Buzz will fit in the Boot of a Beetle?
I would go to a showroom to test it, but the nearest one to me is ages away!!

I am looking at changing my car and am trying to find anyone that has a VW Beetle ( new shape ) and a Quinny Buzz pushchair!!!! LONG SHOT I KNOW!!

Anyone know if a Quinny Buzz will fit in the Boot of a Beetle?
I would go to a showroom to test it, but the nearest one to me is ages away!!
Sorry I cannot help as I have neither but if I really wanted a Beetle I'd just have to change the pushchair :green: and besides, your little one won't be using it forever x

Phone them and ask them the dimensions of the boot, they won't mind hun.

True, he will be one next month so will have to get a smaller one for him soon anyway!!
Thanks ladies x

Hold on I'm just off down stairs to get a brochure? If you PM me your address I'll post you out a load of info on them

Well it only gives the book dimentions in litres in the brochures which is useless I suppose! My company car at the moment is a beetle convertable and I cant even fit my tanning bag in the boot of that so I dont think that would work! I used to have the hatchback and the boot in that isnt too bad, I bet you could easily fit one in there.

Edit: I've just looked in the one in our showroom and asked one of the s/men and he thinks it wouldnt be a problem.

I've collected some brochures so let me know if you want me to put them in the post, save you having to go to a dealership.

Thanks Louiser - you are a star!! Ive pm'ed u x

Hiya!
Well I can kind of help with the beetle, I have just brought one recently, light blue, 03 reg, face lift model, I was looking every where, I found it on ebay, went to see it and brought it, they are very cute cars, I really like mine, I paid just under 5,000 for mine, I hope this helps you!
If I can help any more pm me!! The boot is fairly big but not knowing how small the push chair collapses to I can't really advise on that one!!
Good Luck!!
xx

Hi Mandz, thats a really good price you paid there! I am also looking on Ebay and am looking to spend around the same price as u paid!

I think I am probably going to hold out till after Christmas to buy one though as my son will be over 1 year old so may be looking at a smaller pushchair by then so it could fit in the boot :)

Can I ask what engine size yours is?

I am looking at getting a 1.6, but most of the ones I have found for sale are 2 litre and my insurance is quite expensive on a 2 litre!!

The 1.6 petrol can be quite high in tax, I think they're band E which is £170 for a yr or £93.50 for 6 months. In the older shape they used to do a 1.4 petrol which I think is slightly lower.
They do a 1.9 diesel which is the one I have at the moment which is only band C - £120 or £66.
They are really heavy cars and not that fuel efficient in a petrol.

Did the brochures come through?

Hey hun

Thanks so much for posting the brochures, they came today!!
I want one even more now!!!!!!!
Im sure i paid ridiculous money for my tax on my current car, but obviously, the lower the better!
Is the Diesel noisy? Sorry if that sounds strange

xxx

I would love to know the answer to this question as I also have a quinny buzz push chair and really really want a beetle. Please let me know how you get on, as getting rid of my quinny is not an option as i love it and it wasnt cheap.

I love my Quinny pushchair too! I had to sell my beloved convertible when I had my second son as I couldnt get even a small pushchair in it, let alone a food shop from tesco, and getting the car seat in and out of the back was murder! The Buzz is pretty big when collapsed but such a cool pushchair! Hope you can get it into the Beetle! :hug:

Hi Ladies, I am so with you on this one!!! I Had to give up my convertible car when I was pregnant with my son as I couldnt fit any sort of pushchair in the boot and it only had two seats, so not very convenient!!

I am not ready to give up my Quinny! They are lovely and expensive and although they are not that bigger pushchair, when they are folded, its a struggle to get in mar current car. I have to tip it on its side and wedge it in the boot!!

The diesels not too noisy, I mean you know its a diesel but it doesnt sound like a van or anything!

I would give your local garages a ring, even if they're not a VW dealership or anything to see if they have one in. I know that all car dealerships are after a sale at the moment so they would be more than happy for you to nip in and see if your Quinny fits in. Dont worry if you dont want one yet or in that colour or anything just pretend your interested, at least you know once and for all then and you can know whether to look forward to it or not! xx

Latest posts

Back