Geeky goals and ambitions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skymark

Lisamarie
Reaction score
Thought I would start a thread where we can all share and support each other in our short term goals and long term ambitions.

Do you want to lose some pounds?
Trying to reach a goal in your piggy bank?
Want to earn enough for a holiday or for your Christmas fund?
Want to start an exercise regime?

And how about long term...

Looking to move house?
Buy a new car?
Open your own salon?
Finally give up the day job and persue your dream?
Want to dance naked around trafalgar square? (For legal reasons im not encouraging this :eek:)

Personally I have a few short term goals...

1) I have a target in mind that I want to clear in profit by the end Sept
2) I must set aside one hour a day for either reading or meditating
3) I must start exercising as things are getting droopy (skinny and untoned is not a good look, think sheet thrown over a coat hanger :eek:)

I will let you all know my progress...

What about everyone else?

Aw this is a nice thread !

Well my short term goal is to decide what direction i want to take my career,tbh it's like a game of tennis in my head at the min. Initially i wanted to train and get my masters in l+p. Now i'm not sure a confidence buils class and some 121 on shellac an dashing diva,poppits and some trouble shoot on l+p would be more beneficial ........

Long term i want people to talk and say,she's the best round here ( I wholy beleive this is doable)

:hug:

Short Term:
1. See the results of the course of CACI that I've just started
2. Meditate daily
3. Become more organised and focussed
4. Enjoy my family and life

Long Term:
1. Open a dedicated training academy with therapy centre
2. Work less hours
3. Enjoy my family and life
4. Travel around the World teaching and learning along the way

Great thread :)

Short term :
1. Finish my course!
2. Get my garden done properly
3. Face my morbid fear of dentists and get some proper dental work done :(
( so you know, my last dentist thought my fear would be better overcme if she took out any teeth that could be repaired. After 9 years of not seeing a dentist, she extracted 11 of my teeth needlessly and set me back a LONG way, now my only hope of having a smile again is proably private cosmetic dentistry which I can no way afford :( :( )

Long term :
1. Do a sculpting course
2. Consider taking up corsetry again on a small level
3. Open my own nail business either from home or mobile

Short term:

Get financial burden sorted to relieve stress!
Get more organised around the house
Find more time to do fun things with the children

Long term:

Regain good financial security
Provide a great beauty service - train to provide MORE services
Enjoy life!!

Short term;
get my flat rented out
have got a new accountant, so assisting him to get the salon financials up to date
to get my paperwork done, instead of sitting here geeking

Long term;
To get my house extension built and my house all done
to give my furbabies the happiest, healthiest lives possible
to retire rich.

Short term:
(1) Chase people up who still owe my business money lol.
(2) Get stuck in to the new contract work.
(3) Get enough money to pay the tax man at the end of November.
(4) Get Sonia a portable hoist so we can visit places and stay away from home.

Long term:
(1) Finish the design off of the fancy Java code that I've been working on since March last year, and make it the best of its ilk.
(2) Get enough money coming in from the side of the business that I've been focusing on the last 10 months so as to not need to take on any additional contract work to make ends meet.
(3) Have enough time to be able to follow my more artistic leanings - music composition and recording, body painting, modelling, etc...
(4) Get the house sorted so that it's optimal for Sonia - a through floor lift to get upstairs, a ceiling track hoist in the bedroom, an accessible kitchen, etc.

Short term.
Get down to a healthy weight. eat right.
Get my teeth profesionaly whitened.
Be motivated with my work but be more strict with myself about having a break
Get my xmas shopping done and dusted way before december so I dont have to do it in the crowds.
Make time for a hobby a couple hours a week, maby a basic short photography course.

Long term.
Buy my own house.
Have children and a husband.
Be healthy as I can be.
Give up smoking.
Look after my family.

Hiya, I'm only a tiny geeklin so hope u don't mind me joining in , so as I'm new, it will be interesting to see in a few years to come if I have managed to achieve the goals I'm about to set myself!

Short term

Loose some weight too and go to the gym few days a week
Also have my teeth whitened professionaly
A holiday with my hub and 4 boys would be amazing any time in the near future!
Finish my level 2 beauty but at the same time, do some other courses along the way(I'm booking my Acrylic nail course with The Cardiff School of Beauty tomorrow)

Long term

Be a successful Beauty Therapist with lots of regular clients
Buy an Audi or Merc convertable lol
Buy my own house again as I lost one previously and lost out on 60k...sob sobb
I know its guna take years but would like to be a trainer, tanning, nails, beauty etc
Lead a long, healthy life to watch my 4 boys grow up with good health
Get a degree ( I have professional law qualifications but only part qualified)
Have plenty of money and not have to struggle !
Poss have my own salon...but won't have to work there, just own it lol

Xxxxx thanks for reading, not too much to ask for xxx

Hiya, I'm only a tiny geeklin so hope u don't mind me joining in , so as I'm new, it will be interesting to see in a few years to come if I have managed to achieve the goals I'm about to set myself!

Short term

Loose some weight too and go to the gym few days a week
Also have my teeth whitened professionaly
A holiday with my hub and 4 boys would be amazing any time in the near future!
Finish my level 2 beauty but at the same time, do some other courses along the way(I'm booking my Acrylic nail course with The Cardiff School of Beauty tomorrow)

Long term

Be a successful Beauty Therapist with lots of regular clients
Buy an Audi or Merc convertable lol
Buy my own house again as I lost one previously and lost out on 60k...sob sobb
I know its guna take years but would like to be a trainer, tanning, nails, beauty etc
Lead a long, healthy life to watch my 4 boys grow up with good health
Get a degree ( I have professional law qualifications but only part qualified)
Have plenty of money and not have to struggle !
Poss have my own salon...but won't have to work there, just own it lol

Xxxxx thanks for reading, not too much to ask for xxx

Hi Becky

Never be afraid to post, especially in these fun threads. We always need new geeks :)

4 boys :eek: Im suprised you have time to pee never mind do all the other things you have done.

Have to get a new piggy bank for your holiday fund :)

( so you know, my last dentist thought my fear would be better overcme if she took out any teeth that could be repaired. After 9 years of not seeing a dentist, she extracted 11 of my teeth needlessly and set me back a LONG way, now my only hope of having a smile again is proably private cosmetic dentistry which I can no way afford :( :( )

Goodness that just awful. Personally I would be taking legal action.

Otherwise totally brave to be considering getting them seen to again. We'll be sending love and good thoughts on your first visit back.

Well a week into the month and I am 10% at my target. My target is high granted, but im quite behind.

Thinking positive, lots of month left to make it there. We all know what its like, some weeks nothing, some weeks it rolls in.

Yep, sue her for at least the cost of the restorative cosmetic dentistry work! That's awful what she did to you; I'm sure there's no way you would have consented for her to do that if she'd actually bothered to ask you!

Hi Becky

Never be afraid to post, especially in these fun threads. We always need new geeks :)

4 boys :eek: Im suprised you have time to pee never mind do all the other things you have done.

Have to get a new piggy bank for your holiday fund :)

Hi Lisa, thanks for that :):)... well my twins start nursery next week and as my 3rd eldest is born in september, he misses the school year so will also be staying in nursery until nxt year, so thats 3 under 4 (11 months between the three)! so finaly after 3 years, I will have half a day to myself, so i think im over the worst of it :rolleyes: lol !!

This will give me a few free hours to get to the gym to try and fulfil my fitness goal!! fingers crossed :)

I am still paying for my beauty course, not too much left so shouldn't be too much longer, and of course today i got my interview to book the nail course....(only paying 100 towards it though, i managed to get funding this time and they paying 200, so that was a GREAT help)!! so once all thats out the way, I can then possibly start a little piggy bank...... and put some aside for a nice hol.... or at least for the passports for 4 children anyway, you need a mortgage for that alone lol ! then maybe next year we can all have a lovely, well deserved holiday :):)!

As for dentist, my mother, also has a huge phobia of them too so I know how daunting it can be, as she is partially sighted and has agrophobia too lol! so its very tough getting her there! fingers crossed you face your fears.... am sure you dont want dentures quite yet lol.... although mum does! aything to stop her going to the dentist! lol xxx

Great thread. Very thought provoking.

Short Time:
• Eat healthy – I really don’t eat healthy. I tried at the beginning of summer but I got quite busy working mobile and convenience food won. I’m getting more used to working the day job being mobile in the evening, so I need to get used to eating healthy on top of that.
• Loose a bit(lot) of weight – hopefully this will come from eating healthy.
• Buy a new mobile couch and manicure table.
• Be prepared for Christmas – I’m so impressed by people that say they’ve already done their shopping and people that get their shopping done before December. I think I’d like to be one of those people. :green:

Long Term:
• Leave the day job
• Add more treatments – Waxing first then I’m not sure what.
• Decide if I want to be mobile or salon based – I always thought I’d want to rent a room or a small salon but I’ve been doing a lot of mobile work and my regulars love it. Most of them are in the same part of the city so might not be too big of a move for them if I managed to get somewhere close by which is the area I’d want anyway.

Thanks Geeks :) I am going to look into her reasons for extracting and go from there - if she can "justify it, then I don't know where to go but my dentist after her looked at my x-rays and was totally baffled what the issue actually was aside from a bit of filling and a root canal!

Becky - you will LOVEEEEE a Merc convertible!! I have a 300SL in the most sexy red ever and I adore her! Havent passed my test yet mind but she was an incetive gift off my hubby last year. Now we have moved to the country, I am terrified I will have to trade her for a 4x4 :(

Thanks Geeks :) I am going to look into her reasons for extracting and go from there - if she can "justify it, then I don't know where to go but my dentist after her looked at my x-rays and was totally baffled what the issue actually was aside from a bit of filling and a root canal!

Becky - you will LOVEEEEE a Merc convertible!! I have a 300SL in the most sexy red ever and I adore her! Havent passed my test yet mind but she was an incetive gift off my hubby last year. Now we have moved to the country, I am terrified I will have to trade her for a 4x4 :(

WOW!! How lucky are u lol..... I wasn't lucky enuf to find a rich hubby so wil save and save and one day and I SHALL have it lol !! If your ever in wales, let me know (when u have passed your test obviously) and we can go for a lil pose round the town! lol ! I love mercs, my dream car!! Jus to show people one day that I must b doin well if I can get a car like tha! I always got bangers but they get me from a to b, thas the main thing!!!

Oh yes..I have one more goal, to find my dear mum a new hubby lol! She's very lonely so that's a big goal of mine....so if there are any 45-55 year old men out there, lookin for a lovely woman, let me know lmao! Must have own teeth and hair hahaha but dentures may suffice hehe xxx

It really has made me smile reading some of these. Years ago I would have posted;
1. merc sports
2. big house
3. salons of my own

I acheived these things, and I love the thought that those of you that posted these will acheive them too. I remember clearly how good they felt. x

I wouldnt worry too much about whether she can justify it. Im sure she will find a way to try and do so. Like you said you have had another doctor be completely baffled and to be honest I am too, 11 extractions unless your teeth were rotten and falling out or you walked into a door and smashed em all seems ludicrous.

This is one time when those annoying no win - no fee lawyers can come in handy, as it wont cost you anything to try. Cosmetic dentistry aint cheap - why should you pay if she was in the wrong.

It really has made me smile reading some of these. Years ago I would have posted;
1. merc sports
2. big house
3. salons of my own

I acheived these things, and I love the thought that those of you that posted these will acheive them too. I remember clearly how good they felt. x

Its good to read from people who have achieved their goals. I have always been one for writing down lists of things I wanted to do, achieve or places I wanted to go. Sometimes I do sit and think wow, I did do a lot of those things, then I make a new list.

It will be interesting to read how peeps get on and achieve some of the things they have written

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back