gel cracking and splitting?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carriechatwin

Reaction score
hi all,

Wondered if you could shed some light on something for me.I did a set of gel last night on myself using the new edge soak off gel and white tips,and today the gell has started breaking off and cracking just on the white tip and i can't work out why.has anyone else ever had this problem?How can I solve it?

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but did you remove the shine from the tip?

Did you cap the free edge?? x

It could be that you did the tip too thin so it will be crack and sometimes even peel off, as well as the suggestions above.

gel over white tips can be an unsuccessful combination....and the white tips do need to have the shine well and truly removed first.

i must admitt that I didnt remove the shin form the actual tip itself as i did not realise you had to do this,also I have never heard of capping what is this and how is it done,I have been following step by step in my nail encyclopedia and thats why i didnt do these two things.:lol:

There's your answer hun! Capping is when you "pull" the gel over the free edge. This prevents lifting from the free edge. Bet someone else can explain this better. I'm pants at describing things!:rolleyes:

NAh your not,i apreciate the help,don't know what i'd do without this site,when you say pull do mean like going over free edge so that you are overlapping?

did your course only cover silk/fibreglass ?
you really should try to get some training, as you will have loads of issues with gel as the application is so different.
i think it will be money well spent, not to mention the fact that your insurance wont cover you for procedures that you havent had proper training in.

Latest posts

Back