Gel - easy to pick off! Arggg getting stressed now!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone tell me if they come across a similar problem.

Whilst swapping tips and nattering last night I was showing a fellow tek how the Bio went on. (i did one tip and overlay,one sculpt with silk, and one natural nail overlay)

She is a self confessed picker (!) arent you Pen!

But the ease with how the Gel came off with minimal picking was really worrying!

So.....what am i doing wrong now ARGGGGGHHHHHHH !!

Any help is appreciated

hee hee!

would i.... no seriously they did come off quite easily, if you can imagine applying lot's of layers of clear nail varnish and then peeling it off in a big strip!! that's exactly how it came off, quite rubbery!!

any ideas out there??

Pen xxx

Sounds like the gel hasn't properly cured. Do your UV bulbs need replacing?

Hi ya

When I used Calgel it was exactly the same. Really rubbery! I swapped over to IBD and these problems are a thing of the past. Used to find Calgel sculpts would be so bendy they would end up splitting at the sides after a few days. As they are both soak off gels they are a lot more flexi, IBD definately better.

Hi there, ive been using bio sculpture gels for years and never had this problem. You must be doing something wrong!! Maybe prep! or your lamp bulbs need changing. My clients have all gels in tact for three weeks and then infills every three weeks. On some clients i add an extra layer of clear, sealant gel which helps protect colour. Hope this helps.

:idea: Absolutly check the globes in your lamp:idea: There's a story that goes around here that One Lady hadn't changed her globes for 12yrs CAN U BELIEVE THAT?????:Look_left But also look at your Prep. Good Luckxxxx Regards jnailOZxxxx

MINKUS said:
Hi

Can anyone tell me if they come across a similar problem.

Whilst swapping tips and nattering last night I was showing a fellow tek how the Bio went on. (i did one tip and overlay,one sculpt with silk, and one natural nail overlay)

She is a self confessed picker (!) arent you Pen!

But the ease with how the Gel came off with minimal picking was really worrying!

So.....what am i doing wrong now ARGGGGGHHHHHHH !!

Any help is appreciated

Hi

It could be a few things really, obviously check you lights but i would say you could be using too much steriliser and not letting the nail thoroughly dry, or maybe leaving something on the nails.

Post your method and i will have a look for you.

It certainly shouldnt peel off! Biosculpture takes some mastering but once you have you will find it an excelant gel with a stong client following.

As already said, your bulbs may need changing, also make sure you are not applying the overlay too thinly. The nails need to be thoroughly cleaned with sterilser after prep to remove all dust, cuticle remover and oils, and nails should be completely dry before overlaying.
Also client aftercare may be a factor. As Biosculpture is porous, clients need to be very careful to protect their gels when washing up and cleaning as some products can turn the gel soft and spongy, and its then easy to peel off.

HTH

Hi there

I expect a lot of the girls are right in saying your bulbs may need replacing, can't remember how many hours worth they said you can get out of them.

Why don't you give Biosculpture a ring and ask them to make sure, that's what they are there for. Plus if I am right, don't they offer free workshops once you have done your course and assessment?

Regards
Deb

Hi all thanks for your help.......problem is it's a new lamp.

I bought it recently 36 watt daylight range didnt like the one with Bio kit as no timer.

This is how i do it:

Wash hands with Bio hand wash
Anti fungal spray
Cuticle softner, cuticle remover
Shape Free Edge while its working
Remove cuticle, with metal cuticle pusher and cutistone.
Sanitise
Apply tips, blend, shape, sanitise.
1st layer of gel, (clear), cure 150 seconds
2nd layer of gel, (clear), cure 150 seconds
3rd layer (sealer Gel), cure 150 seconds

Remove sticky residue with sanitizer - tidy up with file - dont normally need to - Bobs your uncle - finished

Hi

Your method is spot on. the only thing i can say is that it may be that you are leaving cuticle remover on the nails, or that you are not waiting for the nails to dry, try using less steriliser. Also are you removing the shine off the natural nails too?

Wash hands with Bio hand wash
Anti fungal spray
Cuticle softner, cuticle remover
Shape Free Edge while its working
Remove cuticle, with metal cuticle pusher and cutistone.
Sanitise
Apply tips, blend, shape, sanitise.
1st layer of gel, (clear), cure 150 seconds
2nd layer of gel, (clear), cure 150 seconds
3rd layer (sealer Gel), cure 150 seconds
This here works for most Gels, but do follow your product instruction to the letter.....
When you have finished your cuticle work make sure you rinse the cuticle remover, this can form a barrier....... Also remove the shine before adhering tips with a soft 240 grit file or buffer......... following the direction of growth ..... once in direction of growth will remove the shine, you do not need to etch the nail, so softly does it..............or you will remove Keratin.........
make sure the sanitiser you are using after your tip application and blending is dry, or else again lack of adhesion...........
Make sure the tips have still a little bite to them and are not buffed smooth......
Work your first layer into the nail...........small circular movements and a little pressure so the gel has 100% adhesion.........Then proceed to cure and follow the rest of your steps........make sure your last layer caps the free edge, so the gel can clamp itself around this...all gels have shrinkage, some more than others...........So any tidying up should be done after Gel 2 and before Sealant...........

HTH

Hi there

They do recommend you put a layer of gel on first before the tip to protect the nail when blending. I doubt if that is causing the problem though. Here are some other thoughts.

You say you changed from the bio lamp because it didn't have a timer, does the one you have now have at timer? If not it could your timings be wrong, supposed to be 1 minute for clear, 2 for colour, although 2 mins for both is fine apparently.

Before anti-fungal you need to wipe nail with Bio nail varnish remover to remove polish and residue from nail plate.

Also are your brushes completely dry after cleaning?

What about the executive base, after drying you should buff to remove shine before doing gel.

If you can pick it off where does it start to lift?

If you have their handbook there are lots of tips on troubleshooting.

Hope that helps

Regards
Deb379

HI

I Havent been using the Executive base - my tutor on the day said they had found using too much of it caused lifting so IF we wanted to use it a line down the centre of the nail then buff lightly - but i havent really bothered using it.

I suppose my nail may not be completely 100% dry from the sanitiser after tip blending so i'll try that. (pop it under the lamp for a bit?)

Also note the tip on removing the cuticle remover i suppose the sanitize after may not be completely removing it.

Yes my new lamp is nice (bigger) and has a timer so my timing is spot on.

Thanks for all the support and top tips i have a victim ..sorry client (my mum) tonight so i'll update you!!

I know the product is fab and i really want to get the grip of it!

Thanks Again.

Latest posts

Back