Gel II?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlalouise

Reaction score
Has anyone used Gel ll, our local x creative is selling it and raving about how great it is, the hairdressers down the road from us is doing Gel ll manicures for £10.

As she's doing it so cheap I'm wondering if it's a rubbish gimmicky product or it's actually a reputable product that's seems quite good fun?

Would love to know if there are any salons on here using it?

Hiya, I'm mobile and trained in CND Shellac, but picked up a few bottles at Olympia. I've had the 'reaction' gel on since Saturday so can't comment on how well it lasts, but it is lovely I keep watching my nails change colour! I normally get two weeks from Shellac with Brisa Smoothing under, so it will be interesting to see how long I get from Gell 2 with no Brisa for support. There are 'You tube' videos by 'Devine by Design' and 'Stephnie Rowlands' both give lots of info about the product and removal (which is different from my usual easy Shellac). HTH x

I'm using Gel II alongside Shellac and I love it. I currently charge £22 for either Gel II or Shellac. Maybe the Salon near you is doing it for £10 as an introductory offer. It is most definitely a reputable product. I'm guessing it's the reactions you are referring to as gimmicky? I suppose that's down to different views. I personally love the Reactions as are my clients.

Steph xx

I picked up the Gel II glow in the dark top coat for Halloween but haven't tried any of the other colours yet. It needs a lot of mixing and a few coats, glows best on light colours.

If I got the gel II glow top coat could I use it over Gelish? Would I use the glow instead of TIO or over/ under TIO? X

I use Gel II and like it very much. Wears well.

I have the Gel II Glow in the Dark (called Rave) but it's not a top coat - you have to apply it over colour and then apply the normal top coat.

I brought a few bottles at Olympia to try thinking of introducing it in salon. Got black to test how pigmented it was as hate gelish black, really impressed only two coats needed to get full coverage lasting really well so far may have to get a few more colours :) x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I brought a few bottles at Olympia to try thinking of introducing it in salon. Got black to test how pigmented it was as hate gelish black, really impressed only two coats needed to get full coverage lasting really well so far may have to get a few more colours :) x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

The pigmentation of the colours is fantastic and the consistency of each colour is the same too which is fantastic. If you haven't yet tried Xtreme Arctic White it's a must. I'm throughly impressed with it and with Gel II as a whole.

Steph xx

Hiya, I'm mobile and trained in CND Shellac, but picked up a few bottles at Olympia. I've had the 'reaction' gel on since Saturday so can't comment on how well it lasts, but it is lovely I keep watching my nails change colour! I normally get two weeks from Shellac with Brisa Smoothing under, so it will be interesting to see how long I get from Gell 2 with no Brisa for support. There are 'You tube' videos by 'Devine by Design' and 'Stephnie Rowlands' both give lots of info about the product and removal (which is different from my usual easy Shellac). HTH x

Awww thank you for the mention. I have more video's in the pipeline just need to find the time to record them. If there's anything anyone wants to see let me know. I'm happy to answer any questions anyone has regarding Gel II.

Steph xx

Gel II is definitely not a gimmick! I personally love using the brand, which I have been doing for the last 4 months.

My clients get great wear time, love the colours, & the reactions are just like ready made nail art!! Perfect for clients who can't decide on one colour too!

Hi ladies & gents!

Just in case anyone is interested, today is the 52nd anniversary of LED light technology, and to celebrate this the Creative Beauty Group are having a sale on the GEL II 40G CORDLESS LED LAMP ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412851557.926693.jpg

If you're on the look out for a new lamp, this is it!!

Today only with a saving of £70.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who's the distributor for Gel II pls - I'm really interested in giving it a try x

Who's the distributor for Gel II pls - I'm really interested in giving it a try x

Creative Academy Bournemouth xx

*Now Creative Beauty Group

Last edited:
I used the reaction today and loved it!!!
Its lovely to work with and I bought the no cleanse top coat 😊

Schermazing!!!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412963631.551041.jpg

How have people found the wear/durability and ease of removal with Gel II x

I removed my Gel II mani in Sharkbite, last night. I'd had it on for 18 days, still flawless, except for the regrowth. I had applied three coats of SB to get full opacity in both colours when they reacted, I had then top coated with no cleanse top coat, stamped and then added a further two no cleanse topcoats.
I expected to have a fight on my hands, but after breaking the seal, I was amazed that after 15 minutes of my nails wrapped in foil and D Solve, it came off beautifully.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've cut all my nails really short and popped on Lala me on my fingers and one of the pink colours on my toes (my memory is shocking)
It took only two coats of lala me but three of the pink on my toes. I used the shiny top coat and was really disappointed in the shine. Then woke up this morning and it's dazzling!! I can't of wiped the top layer enough yesterday. So far impressed. And the cordless lamp is AMAZING.

I've just been online on the creative beauty group website to try and look at some other colours, but every time I click on a color a different one comes up on the hand to display the colour?? Anyone else get this??

Latest posts

Back