Gel II

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swilks12

Reaction score
Hey guys, just seeing this mentioned a few times and am currently looking at my gel polish system to enhance what i have got (gelish and geleration) i am toying with IBX but this gel is now on my radar.

Any geeks out there currently using either and willing to share thoughts etc?

TIA.

Hiya, I use Gel II along side Shellac, I love it, especially the Reactions colour changing polish. It takes a bit of tweaking when you first start using it, but there is a vast amount of willing helpers on their Facebook group to help you get to grips with it. Removal is challenging at first, just takes a little practice and patience.

The creative beauty group is a closed group but you just have to request to join and someone will accept you. HTH x

I'm also using it alongside Shellac. My ladies are being quite resistant to it as they love their Shellac but the Reactions have caused a stir.

It's really nice. In my opinion, any time saved with the shorter curing times is lost when it comes to removal but I'm getting better at it. I am just warning clients it takes longer but it's also lasting well so I guess that's the trade off.

Nice to apply and a huge range of colours.

As for IBX, I'm offering that too and my ladies are seeing amazing results. Chipped, peeling nails all starting to look healthy and managing a full 2 weeks wear from their Shellac with no chips.

Haven't used it under Gel II yet but under shellac its increasing wear time and leaving nails looking amazing.

Iv had mine a month or 2 and thinking of selling them as my clients just Arnt getting on with it at all... I'm going to keep my reaction ones as there lasting (but impossible to remove) im possibly doing something wrong but tried a few different things and it's making no difference x

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Re removal is it acetone and cotton pads wrapped in foil-why is it so tricky do you think? Something to do with the longevity of it??

The top coat is actually acetone resistant so the advice is to gently buff the top coat and then acetone and foils. Obviously they recommend their remover but it's in the tiniest bottles and you can only order 2 at a time, so I'm sticking with acetone for now.

We've had no problems with removal. We're using heated mitts as it's so cold at the moment and clients nails are looking great.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Been using Gel II alongside Shellac for a couple of months now, my clients love the Reactions Range (I apply a coat of French Pink underneath and has helped loads with removal). Love the available colours as much more choice than Shellac.x

I loved my gel ll but sadly had to sell as came out in a reaction to it I was gutted as it was a dream to put on and once you got the hang of the removal it really isn't difficult just takes a little longer than most gels to remove I didn't use heat just left the acetone soaked pads on for 15 minutes then it just feel off x

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I tried few gel ll but didn't work well for me... I have stuck to gelish and le chat perfect match. The changing colour le chat ones are amazing they change so much quicker and last ages xx

Sent from my D6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

I love gel II and if you use the system, correct remover etc then it removes like a dream.

Maz101, how do you apply and remove gel ll. I use CND products, however purchased 20 gel ll last months but unfortunately it doesn't last on my customers. I think I am doing something wrong with the application but can't work out what. It is either too thick or too thin as it seems everyone's else lasts perfectly fine.

I purchased some at pro beauty and so far am impressed with how well its wearing. I bought the reactions polish and the glow in the dark one.

Attachments

• gel ii colour change.jpg
    gel ii colour change.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 102
Maz101, how do you apply and remove gel ll. I use CND products, however purchased 20 gel ll last months but unfortunately it doesn't last on my customers. I think I am doing something wrong with the application but can't work out what. It is either too thick or too thin as it seems everyone's else lasts perfectly fine.

I have exactly the same issue.. Some of my applications have been fine and lasted but I can't afford to take the risk everytime I do someone's nails! X

Hi, you need to really use the gel II products, acetone based products can cause issues, where gel II prep products are alcohol based, so super shine is used for cleansing the nail plate and removing the sticky layer and gentle soak is used for removal. Shellac removal products won't work as well and will take longer to remove gel II

You need to make sure you really cleanse the nail and then free edge, wait till totally dry and then apply colour and for best results cure in the gel II Pro cure led lamp, there's no guarantee that other lamps are doing a full cure which could also be why your having issues.

Another thing is it should be applied thicker than shellac, not so thin to win :)

Gel II is a fab product once you get used to it.

Thank you Maz101, I did buy all gel ll products ( except their lamp)
I use CND lamp to cure and it only lasted with two of my customers and the rest of them were back after a week or less with chipped nails. I do love gel ll colour range...
Xxx

Latest posts

Back