Gel nails- help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As for mobile techs', there really isn't any here that we have heard of. Im sorry but what is the relevance of this comment???

Having a color chart would sure give clients an idea of what color they want. And being able to mix your gel lines give customization that can make you stand out from the rest. Which is why I stand out already thanks its called custom colour blending

:idea: And like I said before you do not have to be married to one system. Obviously some manufacturers want you to only use their product as that will increase their sales. Narrowmindness isn't forward thinking in our business.:)
But yet you have hijacked this thread to talk about your company INT, Im sorry but having a partner who is or is not a master technician does not make you the authority on what other companies can and cant do with their products.
I love the CND brand and all that it stands for, nice to see that you are passionate about yours but im sorry you wont be encouraging me to try INT any time soon.
Jen

All I did was suggest a brand and a pile of other people jumped all over it. Sorry secretbeauty, wasn't my intention at all, as you can see not all people are supportive and some are know it alls. I hope you find a good product that isn't the same as everyone else. "Diversifing is the key to originality". Good hunting.:)

i use bio sculpture, they have big range of colours and what i like in it they have pots not bottles so you can use them till the end :lol:
also they make more and more colors, they introduce new base/ topcoat gels for diffrent type of nails, I hink they get better and better:lol:
i dont use CND but after reading such a good opinions i'm tempted to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr Nailguy, every time you post on this site people jump all over you for a simple reason ... because they are much better educated than you are about nails, nail products and product chemistry. They have something (apart from knowledge) that you apparently do not have ... Enough humility to learn and to then sometimes re-learn from the experts when they are presented with the facts and to admit that they didn't know it all.

It is requested here at salon geek that only professionals post on the professional forums. This is a teaching site and the waters do not need to be muddied or students' minds confused with bad or in-accurate information from consumers or non professionals; you I believe fall into that category.

We have now and have had quite a few Canadian geeks here on the site who by their own words ( not mine) complain bitterly that they cannot get any good quality of education there. You posting your inaccuracies on this site, which is known all over the world for it's exceptionally high quality of education, just makes you look silly.

Hi there
I am looking to get a new gel nail system and just for the life of me cant decide which one?!..I know everyone says Brisa gel is excellent, but didnt see much of a colour range...
Has anyone used OPI Axxium? Dont like that it says it only lasts 2 weeks?

Back To the original post ...........

You have to decide what you want most from the gel brand you choose because these days, you will need to be using more than one type of gel. The thin coloured gels used for adding colour last for two weeks and sometimes longer ... They are to add colour not strength. The soak off gels add a bit more strength and the buff off gels add maximum strength so really you need those options eventually.

Brisa is a maximum strength buff off gel. Busybee has explained that there is a huge variety when mixing your own colours and it's fun too but some prefer the convenience of just buying ready mixed. However with Shellac you can add a big variety of colour to Brisa just using Shellac as your polish option so very easy and easier to remove when you want to change the colour.
HTH

Last edited:
Hi there
I am looking to get a new gel nail system and just for the life of me cant decide which one?!..I know everyone says Brisa gel is excellent, but didnt see much of a colour range...
Has anyone used OPI Axxium? Dont like that it says it only lasts 2 weeks?

thanks

L
Hi Hun, Are you looking at hard gel, soft gel or both? Hard Gel I would thoroughly reccommend NCO London, great prices, great colours, great durability etc etc. Soft gel I would reccommend you look at Young Nails New premixed ManiQ colours. Paint on like a polish and are soooo shiny. Good prices, durability again.

Hope this helps you xxxxxxxx

Hi, I just sampled a few gels out there to see which worked best for me, its the best way, see what you find easiest to use and what your clients prefer most.

I use Entity 1 gel (buff off) as when I first tried it I found for me, it doesnt move about much before you cure, looks natural and was the easiest to get on with. HTH x

Right now I am using Axxium, but when I have the extra cash I will be getting CND gels. All of them soak off and more. I have seen them next to each other and hands down think that CND is in a class by it's self. PLUS you can use CND's light with another brand, so if for some odd reason you don't stay with them, you have a world class light to work with.

Latest posts

Back