Gel not curing!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Layrex9

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a bit of a problemmo. I have always used Brisa gel and I have a Brisa UV lamp which is about 3 years old. I have just replaced the liners and the light tubes and it is like brand new.

I have just bought some Young Nails gels as I use the acrylic and it is amazing. When I am sculpting with it, the sculpting gel and flex are curing perfectly, however the white just does not cure properly. It is kind of gooey inside and underneath no matter how many sets of 2 minutes I give it! This is despite me using clear forms also. The only thing I can think of is perhaps I ought to be using a DAYLIGHT lamp because I am not sure whether the Brisa lamp is compatible with the Young Nails gel? This has never happened with the Brisa, it always cures perfectly. I don't think the Brisa lamp (the traditional one) is a 36 watt one so perhaps it is not high enough for the YN products? Although the clear ones and the Finish Gel seem to cure OK.

Hope you guys can assist! I could do with a bit of help! :smack:

Are you making sure to apply the white gel 'ultra' thin? I have found in the past that I would goof sometimes and ended up with it uncured no matter how long, because it was too thick.

hth's

have you tried stiring the gel before application or the gel is being applied too thin or too thick.

And YN white is super opaque, so I agree that you should be applying it super thin and curing completely or the UV just will not penatrate.

I agree that it could be that you are applying the white too thickly for it to cure properly but the Brisa lamp is made especially to cure the Brisa gel so this is probably your main problem.

I cure my Young Nails gel with a normal UV lamp with 4 9w bulbs = 36w, I know the Brisa lamp has 3 9w bulbs and of course it does matter about the UV output of the bulbs so you would be better to use only Brisa with your Brisa lamp. :lol:

That is a really interesting article, many thanks, I have printed it out so I can take it into the salon!

Are you making sure to apply the white gel 'ultra' thin? I have found in the past that I would goof sometimes and ended up with it uncured no matter how long, because it was too thick.

hth's

No I applied the white gel really thick because to be honest I never know how thin to go with gel - I am so used to acrylic and I rarely use gel - I always think it will break which is obviously not correct so I shall bear this in mind. I think I do apply gel a bit thick to be honest and I think it is meant to be thinner than acrylic!:rolleyes:

I agree that it could be that you are applying the white too thickly for it to cure properly but the Brisa lamp is made especially to cure the Brisa gel so this is probably your main problem.

I cure my Young Nails gel with a normal UV lamp with 4 9w bulbs = 36w, I know the Brisa lamp has 3 9w bulbs and of course it does matter about the UV output of the bulbs so you would be better to use only Brisa with your Brisa lamp. :lol:

Yes I think I applied it too thick but I am also going to buy a new lamp just incase!!:)

Thin layers of gel are better than 1 thick.. in fact you can apply 2 or 3 or even more if desired of thin layers as long as you cure in between..
again i am more or less newly qualified so correct me if i am wrong :lol:

Sarah x

Latest posts

Back