Gel - Once trained in one can you use all???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlabarbie

Reaction score
I am now trained in Calgel, which is great, but I was wondering, are all gel systems applied the same? So for example, if I wanted to use Bio-Sculpture because it has more colours, would I apply the same way as the Calgel?

I am also interested in trying Go-Gel and Brisa, but again, will I need further training?

I cannot speak for Biogel and Calgel because I have not used them. I do use Akzentz Options which is another soak off gel and Brisa which is a buff off gel.

Their application is totally different and each gel system should also be used with its own lamp. HTH

I agree with Adele, you will need to use the lamp that is intended to be used with the a particular gel. All systems are different so it is benefitial to be trained with a company for optimal results. Each systems has its specific application techniques.

hope this helps:hug:

I would of thought youd have an issue with purchasing stock though, if your not trained in the system they probly wouldnt supply it to you.

Ok thanks. I'll stick to Calgel then, not forking out for more training!:eek:

If you do a conversion course with Bio, you will be able to purchase products from them. Otherwise, not.

HTHs

you will find most companys offer a conversion course this is the best thing to do and you will probably have to do one in order to purchase thier products,

Calgel and Bio are pretty much the same anyway so it would be a waste.
Other gels have a very different application to Calgel - I use Calgel for nno's only because I prefer Brisa to build the apex etc.
I would say if you wanted a soft gel - stick with calgel, for a hard / buff off gel -get training with which ever provider you choose.

You will proably find like me that you will need to use a buff off gel eventually because Calgel is not good for people that want longer nails and are also not willing to follow the aftercare especially with french.
If you can get clients to nno then its great but if they have bitten nails and need tips then it is not strong.Sculpts are good but you need to be charging quite a bit because you know how much a clear pot of calgel is.
I use mostly calgel but i can also offer ezflow gel it whan i think its going to suit the client better.
Calgel is different from a hard gel and even from bio so you do need to do some conversion training and as said before without a conversion you will not be able to buy some gels anyway.
Conversions are usually not that expensive and you learn loads ...they are definately worth it.

Thanks everyone. To be honest, I am a CND L&P girl at heart, and would definately recommend those to people who want longer, stronger nails.

I do love the Calgel for NNO in colour though, and for toes, it looks fab!

Thanks for all the advice, maybe next year I will do a Brisa conversion or something, I just cannot afford to fork out again, my Calgel course was VERY expensive, as is the stock!!!!!!

But, thank you for telling me about the different gels, I was not aware that some were harder than others, etc etc, so I have learned something new and important! :green:

Latest posts

Back