gel problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks angel fingers
i have tried them out again and it comes off ,the tips were pretty expensive i got them from pre-etched thought i could cheat a bit with the smile lines(looks like it backfired on me)would you know what type of gel would suit these type of tips,will just need to keep practising with my smile lines but i dont think im doing too badly
all advice greatly appreciated

i got back to my trainer and she thinks it shrunk because the brand is not a very good one
yes i was using the correct lamp
this site is great you guys are really helpful
cheers

did u sort it out?

i do my own nails, and i use NSI balance gel and never had any problems as its a hard, non porous gel.

i prep the nails correctly,
wipe off dust,
apply nail pure,
pre-cut tips,
i apply adhesive to tip and bond to free edge of the nail.
then i cut, buff and shape the tip,
then apply bond/primer over the whole nail.
Wait a minute then apply a thin coat of one step/builder gel.
cure in lamp for 90 seconds,
wipe off residue with cleanse,
you could apply another coat of builder gel here if needed,
file or shape,
then apply one layer of balance finish, cure for 2 minutes,
wipe with cleanse.
apply oil
done

hope this helps u.

thanks angel fingers
i have tried them out again and it comes off ,the tips were pretty expensive i got them from pre-etched thought i could cheat a bit with the smile lines(looks like it backfired on me)would you know what type of gel would suit these type of tips,will just need to keep practising with my smile lines but i dont think im doing too badly
all advice greatly appreciated
Akzentz gels work good over pre-etched tips.They will cure all the way in 9W UV light.

If your tipping you need to use Clear tips hun, its not recomended to use white (opaque) tips as the UV light cannot cure the gel right thru. If you use a clear tip the UV light can cure from under as well as above the nail (assuming your lamp has a full reflective interior) ... I dunno this could be the reason.. I am not familar with your gels as I am Brisa trained for gels and its not advised to use white tips.

I use IBD gel. When using many kinds of gel products, you need to make sure you atleast use a 180 grit file to remove the shine. I have always used white tips with a clear gel and have never had any problems. After you remove the shine make sure to wipe it down with the nail prep and get those side walls, any left over particles means lifting. Good Luck! :)

Latest posts

Back