Gel smile lines

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma/tenerife

Reaction score
is there a secret nack to swiping in a gel smile line?!?! for some reason when i do mine i find the gel seeps back into where the brush has just been! im so frustrated! are you guys using a dry clean brush or is it possible to just clean the brush you are using and use that? really not sure what im doing wrong,arghhh!

Hy Emma

Not sure what system your using, but I was taught to apply your smile line, use Scrubfresh (Creative) to clean your brush & define the smile line. Your gel shouldnt be seeping as is should be cured under the UV lamp before you apply your white smile line.

Hope this helps...:)

Gillian
Sahara Nail Spa

As Gillian just said, make sure you are first curing your base layer, but then, after applying your white smile, don't wipe it in scrubfresh to swipe- wipe excess gel off your brush, kepping it saturated with clear or sheer pink, and THEN swipe your smile. I know this isn't what CND recommends, and i am a CND girl as MANY on this board know, but my line is FAR crisper, and NEVER moves when I do it this way. Try it and see if it works better for you. :) Whenever I used Scrub fresh to wipe I had slight issues with that crispness, and from what I have read, it's meant to REMOVE your inhibition layer, so I just don't use it to swipe at all anymore :)

is there a secret nack to swiping in a gel smile line?!?! for some reason when i do mine i find the gel seeps back into where the brush has just been! im so frustrated! are you guys using a dry clean brush or is it possible to just clean the brush you are using and use that? really not sure what im doing wrong,arghhh!

Hi

I use nsi Balance gel and I know what you mean about the seeping. This is because your lock in layer leaves a tacky layer on the surface and this is where your white is seeping into.

To avoid this I remove the tacky lacker and lightly buff the lock in layer to create the necessary surface for the white to adhere to, then apply my white... you won't get any seepage then. This is what I do anyway... haven't tried the scrub fresh as I don't use Creative but I think I will try it with NSI equivalent. :)

Hi!
I use an eyebrow brush to swipe my smile lines, it works as a charm!

It depends on the viscosity of yor gel if its too runny then bleeding tends to occur, I wipe my brush on a hands down ultra pad with scrub fresh on and then wipe in my smile line I dont saturate my brush with scrubfresh as this also will make the smile bleed. I prefer a thicker gels for smiles and have trouble with thinner ones like brisa paint.

Hope the following link helps as I see you are using Creative, although this technique should pretty much apply to any gel system.

I use Calgel and was also taught to do this by my Calgel tutor. Note that your first application of white may look sparse and streaky. Don't worry about it. It gets sorted with the second application.

If you work too slowly you will get shrinkage of your gel which may look like it is seeping/bleeding into your clear gel. Work quickly and confidently and make sure you are curing you base gel properly which may mean checking your bulbs in your lamp. HTH.

http://www.salongeek.com/misc-tutorials/18091-smiles-brisa-paint-white.html?highlight=Paint+on+White

Hope the following link helps as I see you are using Creative, although this technique should pretty much apply to any gel system.

I use Calgel and was also taught to do this by my Calgel tutor. Note that your first application of white may look sparse and streaky. Don't worry about it. It gets sorted with the second application.

If you work too slowly you will get shrinkage of your gel which may look like it is seeping/bleeding into your clear gel. Work quickly and confidently and make sure you are curing you base gel properly which may mean checking your bulbs in your lamp. HTH.

http://www.salongeek.com/misc-tutorials/18091-smiles-brisa-paint-white.html?highlight=Paint+on+White

This tutorial is FAB and I use it all the time, now! What a HUGE difference that brush makes! :)

I am trying to do a smile line with gel...
I did the layer of clear gel cured it.
Then I put on white to do the smile line...
When I try and sharpen the smile line I can not get it even, nor can I get a clean line.
Am I suppose to dip it in the clean gel and then wipe off. I am wondering if I am taking too much of the clear gel off the brush.....

Latest posts

Back