Gel...to file, or not to file?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't imagine ever being good enough to not have to file! Dare to dream...... ~giggle giggle~

I have had many gel nails that I dont need to file but these tend to be on people who have lovely nail bed to start.
The ones I do file dont need much just a quick swipe over with an abrasive, If you find that you are needing to really file alot than you are probably using too much gel to start with.

I have had many gel nails that I dont need to file but these tend to be on people who have lovely nail bed to start.
The ones I do file dont need much just a quick swipe over with an abrasive, If you find that you are needing to really file alot than you are probably using too much gel to start with.

I agree with Lellipop,

I also find that i may not need to file gels on NNO's and permanent french.

I use CND Brisa and its excellent product that self levels so well.

But, I also like using opaque gels to camouflage nail beds and extend shorter beds, so I do need to do little refining.

On enhancements either tips or forms - I also like to refine the shape.

Hope this helps:hug:

I think we're always looking for 'the perfect nail' and I think that's what gets us better and makes us better nail techs.

I was reffering to me not having to file L&P. My Gel...Oi I think the few sets that I've done I need a sand blaster!

Get her book (Nailclass by Gigi Rousse), and/or read the tutorials and articles here on Geek:!:
They will help you IMMENSELY and fill in the holes left by your teacher AND correct your teacher's misinformation:rolleyes:

I can't encourage this enough. I suffered through an abysmal course, and confess that I only know as much as I do now with thanks to Geeg and other valuable members of this site.

AND WOW, there's a wealth of knowledge here:!:

hth's
I agree the Nail Class book is the bomb. Its well worth the money. I have read it over and over and always pick something up Ive missed previously.. :Grope: xx

Latest posts

Back