Gel toes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riss

Reaction score
I am using young nails colored gels for gel toes. I prep the nail, do the base (cure base), then I add my 2-3 layers of color (curing after each one)
I only wipe the sticky off on the last layer, before I put my finish gel on. So my question is, is this correct? Or should I be wiping the sticky off after every layer, or does it even matter?

with gels , you normally only wipe the sticky layer off at the very end.

the exception to this is when you want to file the nail before putting on your finishing gel.

and if you use a no cleanse finish gel such as the young nails one, there is no need to wipe at all.

depends what product also. i use IBD soak off and theres no need to cleanse and file unless your redoing a layer but as im learning allproducts have their own systems (to a degree)! hth

I use professionails gels. I apply base on my toes cure for two minutes. Wipe the sticky off. Apply 2 -3 coats of coloured gels. Cure for 2 minutes. Wipe the sticky off. Apply evergloss gel cure for 4 minutes. Wipe the sticky off. HTH

the sticky layer bonds on to the next coat of gel.
it actually helps the next layer to stay put.

its not essential to have it there with some brands but why bother with all that wiping if you dont have to. makes your service faster and cuts down on product use and lessens the risk of over exposure to you and your client because there is less chance of stray bits of uncured gel coming into contact with skin.

with my lechat gels i only wipe the sticky off between layers if i'm doing french as this helps acheive a crisper smile line by preventing the white from blurring into the sticky layer.

My toes need doing again. I will have ago with not wiping off the sticky. It will save alot of time as I feel I am constantly wiping off the sticky layers. Thanks for the advise :)

Latest posts

Back