Gel vs Bio sculpture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Id be interested to know if these need builder gels are included in your kit when you book the training,or do you still get the old style gels?and do you have to be trained in these new gels to use them?If Bio dont send this info out to us how are we supposed to know about it.?

Oh no, now I'm confused! I don't really want to pay for two courses but want to be able to offer what is best for my clients. I love the colour range of bio sculpture.

Yep, the colour range is amaxing...I believe its more or less 100 colours now!

Id be interested to know if these need builder gels are included in your kit when you book the training,or do you still get the old style gels?and do you have to be trained in these new gels to use them?If Bio dont send this info out to us how are we supposed to know about it.?

By these new gels I take it you mean the 'S' gel (which has been out about 2 years) and the new 'free edge gel' which has recently been launched. the 's' gel has been included in the gel training since it was launched and the new 'free edge gel' is being included in the sculpting training with effect from Feb 08 I believe.

Oh no, now I'm confused! I don't really want to pay for two courses but want to be able to offer what is best for my clients. I love the colour range of bio sculpture.
One product will never suit all clients. To offer the best for each client you need to be able to offer choices.
I use CND L&P, Brisa and Calgel.
You will have to pay for way more then 2 courses if you want to be good. You just need to decide on what your starter course will be.

Thanks thats fine I am already using the S gel,I am aware of the new sculpting gel,which Ive heard is very good,I was made to think there were other new gels out too.The really strong demo nail must of been done by this new sculpting gel I assume.:confused:

Thanks thats fine I am already using the S gel,I am aware of the new sculpting gel,which Ive heard is very good,I was made to think there were other new gels out too.The really strong demo nail must of been done by this new sculpting gel I assume.:confused:

Dont know of any other new 'builder' gel. I believe that the formulation of the clear gel may change later on in the year (which Bio in the UK dont know anything about :rolleyes:) but there is nothing definite on this yet.

Where did you hear about a new 'builder' gel?

It was in the reply above from classy claws,Im wondering if the demo she had done was with the new sculpting gel.

I think it must be Free Ege gel and S-gel....i tend to keep my on the international press for Bio Sculpture and the next new gel is a re-formulation of the clear gel....expected later this year (although like T says above....shame Bio Uk don't read their own press reports......my distributor denied all knowledge, yet Elmien Scholtz (Bio Sculpture CEO worldwide) has been giving press interviews about it!:eek:

Does anyone have any views on whether I should do the bio sculpture course first? I have already contacted them and I am waiting for some further information. They said I should do the tip course first as I haven't done this yet. I have also contacted another training company The Egde, they have offered me one on one training for their gel nails but they do not have many colours. They said that they are a hard gel.

Bio Sculpture is way ahead of The Edge - in my opinion (and there will be others differ).

Thing is, The Edge is just sold to anyone at most wholesalers without training....whereas Bio is only available to Bio trained techs. Also you can only acheive P&W's or natural nail with The Edge, you can acheive this and all the colours from Bio. I would say Bio first, as you can do more.

Thank you, I did wonder. I have only ever had bio sculpture in myself but just didn't know anything else about what was around.

Hi
I know we talked about this last night but I'm still confused!! I've got my NVQ level 2 beauty, but because of a joint problem I cannot continue with it, but I am ok to do nails. I have a studio above my garage and my plan is to use this to do nails. Would I get away with just doing bio sculpture? I'm not looking for a full time income just to do it during the day whilst the kids are at school and maybe a couple of evenings.

Hi
I've got my NVQ level 2 beauty, but because of a joint problem I cannot continue with it, but I am ok to do nails. I have a studio above my garage and my plan is to use this to do nails. Would I get away with just doing bio sculpture? Or would it be advisable to learn other systems too? If so, which one should I do first?
I'm not looking for a full time income just to do it during the day whilst the kids are at school and maybe a couple of evenings.

Forgot to mention I haven't done any courses in gel/acrylics yet, I'm just wondering which would be best to do first. Does anyone have any advice?

Last edited:
Hi, sorry to go on but does anyone have any ideas, I don't want to make any expensive mistakes!!!!

Why are you set on doing Bio,if you go to Cnd your nearest one is in maidenhead,you can learn acrylic and gel there,there are also lots of other courses you can do too to follow on after,to make you a better nail tech.
If I was in your shoes Id defently go with them,theyve had some great feedback on this sight,proberbly the best.:)

ok thanks, i'll look in to it.

Latest posts

Back