Gelac nightmare!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i never used the old basecoat as only recently got it in and was told mine was the new basecoat, i have to say it still hasnt chipped at all and i still feel if it lasts on mine it will last on anyones.
have yous cut the brush down by 50% used only one dip for all the nails really worked it into nail bed so that its applied extremely sparingly???????

I know it isn't much help re. Gelac but I have been using Gelish for a year now (& tested several of the new SOG's at Excel) & do not have any issues with it at all.

In fact, a number of my Bio Sculpture clients have now moved over to Gelish too. HTH.x

i am gonna change i think, i use ibd hard gel & it's great but i am disapointed in gelac & wish i'd invested my money into gelish or shellac now!

I was told by graftons that u need to cut the old base brush down by 50% but not on the new binding base coat, only done a few sets with the new base on Tuesday so not sure yet and one was on toes. I dont dare ask as I have prob been a fool and used it on a new client. So she will either be on the phone demanding a refund or ill never see her again! I am so cross I wish id done more research. Anybody else tried getting a refund on this product? Who Wud u contact supplier of graftons?

Hi guys,
I had a disastrous time using Gelac and emailed photos of my nails - ruined after removing the product. I received a full refund immediately of all money paid for all products bought and have since reinvested in Shellac which I have yet to try.
Don't be dismissed, express your disappointment and invest in a better range.

Good luck x

i only bought mine a month ago and apparantly the new base coat was bought out few months ago and i was still told to cut my brush down by 50% im going to try to upload some pics of the gelac on my nails

Just heard the toes I did r still ok but was only tues! Not holding out much hope for the fingers! Do u leave the new base shiny or still blot?

Last edited:
Gonna get pics if my nails & email graftons I think I can't provide a service if it doesn't live up to it's promise standard nail polish lasts longer!

i dont blot it but its defo not shiny i work it into the nail so much that it leaves it really quite dull looking. mine are still all fine.

i kind of...imagine you took your brush out the polish and there was not enough on and you were trying to get it to cover all the nail you would keep going over and over to try to get it to cover all the nail bed and it feels like its dragging thats kind of what i did. i keep pressin on as if to really work it in

My base is so thick and gloopy us that right?

i was told by graftons that u need to cut the old base brush down by 50% but not on the new binding base coat, only done a few sets with the new base on tuesday so not sure yet and one was on toes. I dont dare ask as i have prob been a fool and used it on a new client. So she will either be on the phone demanding a refund or ill never see her again! I am so cross i wish id done more research. Anybody else tried getting a refund on this product? Who wud u contact supplier of graftons?

do you mean just cut the bristle down in half, or do you mean cut half the bristles off? How will this help.
Sharon

hi guys,
i had a disastrous time using gelac and emailed photos of my nails - ruined after removing the product. I received a full refund immediately of all money paid for all products bought and have since reinvested in shellac which i have yet to try.
Don't be dismissed, express your disappointment and invest in a better range.

Good luck x

do you have a contact address for gelac, only i have had the same problems

many thanks
sharon

Hi everyone,

Thought i would jump in - I started out as a mobile Nail Tech in November and started out with Gelac - I used it on my nails all the time and never had any problems but I had clients who chipped within days so due to that and the bad things I was hearing about Gelac I decided to cut my losses - I now use IBD's Just Gel (Gelac's replacement) and Gelish and i'm very pleased I changed - I just lost confidence in Gelac and never knew whether my client's chipping problems were due to their heavy-handedness or the product.

I'd say if you can change product - Just Gel is exactly the same process as Gelac so may give that a try!

do you have a contact address for gelac, only i have had the same problems

many thanks
sharon

Sharon I complained to my wholesaler who got Graftons to contact me and I took it from there. Perhaps you could speak to wherever you purchased yours from and get a contact for your area?
I hope you get it sorted xxx

I had no problems w gelac staying on, but a few of my bottles dried up. They replaced them for me at mo cost, and the colors they don't have anymore were replaced with the newer gel, which I haven't used yet. Excellent customer service.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

I trained with gelac and it was a total nightmare and really made me doubt myself - reading through this link is all you need to know about the product, not this many people can be applying it incorrectly! I did get the replacement just gel but by that time i had made the change to gelish and in my opinion just gel is marginally better that gelac but not a patch on gelish.

If you haven't invested too much money i would make the switch sooner rather than later, I had to take a loss on the money i had spent on gelac but it was worth it in the long run as my clients come back with gelish x

I trained with gelac and it was a total nightmare and really made me doubt myself - reading through this link is all you need to know about the product, not this many people can be applying it incorrectly! I did get the replacement just gel but by that time i had made the change to gelish and in my opinion just gel is marginally better that gelac but not a patch on gelish.

If you haven't invested too much money i would make the switch sooner rather than later, I had to take a loss on the money i had spent on gelac but it was worth it in the long run as my clients come back with gelish x

I absolutely agree. Switching to Shellac has made my business. I learnt the hard way but learnt my lesson well. Buy cheap, buy twice.

My local wholesalers sent gelac back to the suppliers due to problems.
I'm trained on shellac! It don't suit everyone nails. but I was so impressed yesterday when I had a lady come back after 5 weeks! In perfect condition!

Latest posts

Back