Gelac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sofia_sparkle

Reaction score
Just been to my trade shop today and been informed that as of 1st November ibd are changing the name of gelac to just gel, fab news as i've just had all my cards printed with gelac all over them!! Apparently it's a new formula that will not congeal in the bottle like some of the other ones have done

Bless you!
Why not just advertise that they have improved their formula? xx

Is this really the case? I was under the impression that Just Gel is an additional product from IBD, rather than a replacement.

I too have gone all out advertising Gelac all over my stationary and signs :(

Just checked the website and it looks like an additional product. I have just emailed them though as the polish is advertised exactly the same as Gelac was in the beginning. I feel a little let down by IBD to be honest ;(

The manager at the trade shop told me that just gel would be replacing gelac as they have mixed a new formula that does not set in the pots. I have only heard this through this source though but see no reason why it would not be true, she said they will be taking all her gelac bottles and replacing them with just gel. I don't think it will make too much difference to me as among the people that I work on there are so many new names out there they haven't really had a chance to get to know the brand that well. However I do think that they are changing the name gelac as there has been so much bad press about it. Would be interesting to get a new bottle of just gel and see if it is any better.....

I emailed IBD after reading this and they basically said the same. That they have designed a new product that works.

We can still use Gelac colours with the new Just Gel Top & Base coat and get better results.

I am hoping this is going to work because I have invested so much into this system.

Fingers crossed it'll go smoothly. If you want to PM me your email I would be happy to forward on the email I got from IBD x

Latest posts

Back