Gelicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arrgh outside phone, i had no problems with this colour, its stressing me out. What can i do? This colour does not like nails. X

So girls...

Got a brand new LED and UV lamp today... Got new Gelicure colours, new nail cleanser and new step 1 and 2... Same results as yesterday... I'm ready to pull my hair out!!!!!!!!!!!

I even took my problem colours and my LED lamp upto my suppliers, they tested them all out and didn't have a problem!!!!!!! I gave one of my clients who does OPI gel colour nails my Victorian Teal to try, she used it with her OPI base and top coat and didn't have a problem...

So now I'm thinking, could it be my base coat? It's the only thing the girls from the suppliers and my client used differently to me, and I've changed and replaced everything else!! And casting my mind back, the shrinkage on application problems have started since I've been using this base coat about 4 months ago?

What do you all think? Xx

you could be right, i can identify with a lot of what you're saying

i often feel like i have to work really quickly to beat the shrinkage

and i did change base a while back

euro products always tell you nobody else is having this problem lols

So sorry for my thread I'm surprised if anyone can understand it, I'm using my phone and it's playing up. Basically when i apply sweet Dreams it shrinks from the free edge and loses it's colour even before i have cured it. It doesn't happen to any other colour even, any ideas ? Thanks x

So sorry for my thread I'm surprised if anyone can understand it, I'm using my phone and it's playing up. Basically when i apply sweet Dreams it shrinks from the free edge and loses it's colour even before i have cured it. It doesn't happen to any other colour even, any ideas ? Thanks x

I have this with some colours. It can either be that your application of the colour is too thick or the base coat. Try using a thinner coat of base and then wiping to get rid of the shine of the base coat. I also cure two fingers at a time with some colours to stop shrinking whilst I paint the other nails.

I have this with some colours. It can either be that your application of the colour is too thick or the base coat. Try using a thinner coat of base and then wiping to get rid of the shine of the base coat. I also cure two fingers at a time with some colours to stop shrinking whilst I paint the other nails.

Thanks for that will give it a go x

Does anyone have sexy red & heartbreak red to offer a comparison of the two please?

Does anyone have sexy red & heartbreak red to offer a comparison of the two please?
look back on this thread I posted a pic of all the reds x

OMG Sarah, what a nightmare.
When you say they came round & got a 90% cure what do you mean?

It almost sounds like your bulbs are intermittent, but strange it happens with your UV lamp & LED. Are you using an extension lead that may be faulty?

I seem to be having a problem with Rad Raspberry but haven't sent it back yet as I'm trying to get to the bottom of it on my own.

Bois De Rose does stain the nail.

Keep us posted x
Hay I was told not to use an extension lead for my led lamp as the electric will not be strong to work the lamp correctly also if I plug mine into my plug in the conservatory it will not work. X

Doing my gelicure training today gals! Super excited!!

Does anybody have problems with gelicure just being able to peel it off after about a week? am i putting it on to thick?

also does anyone know how to create a ombre effect with gelicure?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348403823.396613.jpg

Pretty!!

Just got home from olympia. Made a beeline for Nubar's stand and bought most of the neons and a couple of the new french pinks. Also got some glitters and pedi products cuz i love them so much.

Just got home from olympia. Made a beeline for Nubar's stand and bought most of the neons and a couple of the new french pinks. Also got some glitters and pedi products cuz i love them so much.[/QUOTE]

I have been using gelicure on my clients but dont have any of the neons or the new french pinks. I have seen them online but that never gives the true colour. I am off to manchester beauty show and i know nubar will be there and i will be able to see the colours then but before then which colours of the neons and french pinks would you recomend. Thanks

To be honest the french colours didnt overwhelm me so i just bought a couple of pinks to have an alternative to electric touch for french.

The neons on the other hand are beautiful. I love them all. I already had purple power and today i bought the orange, yellow, green (cant remember shade names sorry) and rad rasberry.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Does anybody have problems with gelicure just being able to peel it off after about a week? am i putting it on to thick?

also does anyone know how to create a ombre effect with gelicure?

All the time. Apparently it's caused by putting the base coat on too thick xx

Oh really do u still use gelicure then ?

Oh really do u still use gelicure then ?

Yeah. Still not 100% happy after my drama with it last month, but I've spent too much money on it to use something else xx

Hi,

I picked up a Spotlight supplement mag at Olympia, I noticed they have an Earthen Gelicure, muted tones for those looking for a more natural look!Mag mentions it is new out? Perhaps I overlooked it at the show. I have a few clients who are looking for a nude/ natural looking colour and this maybe the answer. If you have this colour could you upload a piccie?

ALSO, I had one of my nails painted at the Nubar stand, I wanted to see how intense their glitter polishes were before purchasing. The young lady wiped the sticky layer off the base coat. When I enquired why she mentioned that it stops the colours shrinking back. I have yet to try this but it would be very beneficial for me if it works. Has anyone tried this? Perhaps you are already using this technique and I am behind the times. Apologies if so. Thought I'd put it out there because I know it has been an issue for many including myself. :sad:

Hi,

I picked up a Spotlight supplement mag at Olympia, I noticed they have an Earthen Gelicure, muted tones for those looking for a more natural look!Mag mentions it is new out? Perhaps I overlooked it at the show. I have a few clients who are looking for a nude/ natural looking colour and this maybe the answer. If you have this colour could you upload a piccie?

ALSO, I had one of my nails painted at the Nubar stand, I wanted to see how intense their glitter polishes were before purchasing. The young lady wiped the sticky layer off the base coat. When I enquired why she mentioned that it stops the colours shrinking back. I have yet to try this but it would be very beneficial for me if it works. Has anyone tried this? Perhaps you are already using this technique and I am behind the times. Apologies if so. Thought I'd put it out there because I know it has been an issue for many including myself. :sad:

If this works I'd like to know as I find shrinking on first layers of darker colours also! :)

Ooh interesting, i find some of the colours shrink back too.

Also, does anyone find that a lot of the colours need 3 coats? In my training we were taught to do the second layer a bit thicker but with some colours you just can't do it or it floods the side walls and cuticle area. It seems to be the thinner (almost watery) colours; I've had to do 3 coats with blueberry, flirt, hot pink & aubergine so far. I've shaken them really really really well but it doesn't seem to have made a difference.

I just bought the neons and it looks like they will need 3 coats too, from doing my colour pops.

Latest posts

Back