Gelicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Complete DISASTER today girls... Can somebody please shed some light? Sorry in advance for the essay...

I bought the Nubar LED lamp at the beginning of July. Before I'd bought it and was using my UV lamp, i began to encounter some problems.As I applied one thin layer and sealed it, by the time I'd worked my way across the whole hand, the first fingers Gelicure had all shrank away from the cuticle area and the free edge, before it had went into the lamp.

I contacted my distributors and they hadn't had any other complaints of the same kind. It's only a few of the colours, but I've noticed it's now increasing.

Anyways, I was doing two sets of Gelicure fingers and toes today. The first lady had Enchanted with Gold Fountain on her fingers... Perfect, not a problem. I moved onto her toes, applied Grenadine, and at the end when I was taking off the inhibition layer, most of the entire application came with it, as if it hadn't cured properly!! Every time I applied more colour and top coat and then wiped off the inhibition layer, it kept happening... New client, I was absolutely MORTIFIED.

Next client got Victorian Teal with a Sparkler fade on her fingers. I was dubious about using the lamp, but it was perfect. She got the exact same on her toes... After curing the second layer of Victorian Teal, I started applying the Sparkker fade, and to my horror, it started to turn navy as it mixed in with the Victorian Teal!! I cured it again, applied top coat and cured, wiped off the inhibition layer and the same thing happened as with the previous client!!

At this point I excused myself (luckily a regular client who is lovely) and rang my distributors who were baffled. I work quite close to them, so one of the girls came down with a UV lamp and watched my application technique, etc. she says I'm doing nothing wrong, and can't understand it. The only thing she can think of is that my toe separators are blocking the LED light (as the toes then cured in the UV lamp, not a perfect finish, around 90% ok) and that's what's causing the problem.

It makes sense, but I've always used those toe separators, I did 7 sets of Gelicure toes back to back 2 Saturdays ago and had no problems... I'm baffled!! I then did another set of Gelicure fingers after, and they were ok, but when I wiped off the inhibition layer, it went slightly streaky around the cuticle and side walls!!

I'm not doing moisturising treatments before hand, I'm doing thorough cuticle prep, I'm using step 1 and 2, applying thin coats that each get cured for 30 seconds, and all the LED lights are working... HELP!!!!!!!!! Has anybody else experienced similar problem withs certain colours and toes not curing? ����������������������������������������������������

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this xx

OMG Sarah, what a nightmare.
When you say they came round & got a 90% cure what do you mean?

It almost sounds like your bulbs are intermittent, but strange it happens with your UV lamp & LED. Are you using an extension lead that may be faulty?

I seem to be having a problem with Rad Raspberry but haven't sent it back yet as I'm trying to get to the bottom of it on my own.

Bois De Rose does stain the nail.

Keep us posted x

OMG Sarah, what a nightmare.
When you say they came round & got a 90% cure what do you mean?

It almost sounds like your bulbs are intermittent, but strange it happens with your UV lamp & LED. Are you using an extension lead that may be faulty?

I seem to be having a problem with Rad Raspberry but haven't sent it back yet as I'm trying to get to the bottom of it on my own.

Bois De Rose does stain the nail.

You're right... I was in such a fluster!! By 90%, I mean that it didn't come off like it had, but it went a bit streaky around the cuticles and side walls. It almost looked like the way Victorian Teal stains a light blue on removal, if that makes sense?

No, it's plugged directly into the wall socket. I just can't get to the bottom of it and it's so frustrating because I'm such a perfectionist!!

What's wrong with your Rad Raspberry? Xx

Yeah it came complete off in one clump. Nothing left behind. I haven't used Grenadine for a while. I haven't spoken to my supplier I'll give them a ring tomorrow. I noticed that my hands felt as though they were burning under the lamp as well. :-( x

Just done my thumb and no shrinkage, it's perfect, BUT felt like my skin was burning.

Thank GOD, I thought it was just me!! Mine are;

Sweet Dreams
Victorian Teal
Black
Lustful Red
Heartbreak
Grenadine
Vital (there's more, but I can't think).

Mine peel off pretty quickly too, usually in one lump? Have you contacted your suppliers? LED bulbs don't need replaced, and I only bought it new at the start of last month. Thanks so much for your reply!! Xx

This happened to me with a half used bottle of black in my new led lamp the lot came off at wipe stage I did a different colour and set fine! Called palms extra & they sent me a replacement bottle immediately & iv had no problems since.
Toes with the led are u taking the bottom tray out so ur the correct distance from nail to light? And is their foot completely flat...... I notice clients like to pull their toes up slightly towards them sometimes & have to tell them keep flat!

You're right... I was in such a fluster!! By 90%, I mean that it didn't come off like it had, but it went a bit streaky around the cuticles and side walls. It almost looked like the way Victorian Teal stains a light blue on removal, if that makes sense?

No, it's plugged directly into the wall socket. I just can't get to the bottom of it and it's so frustrating because I'm such a perfectionist!!

What's wrong with your Rad Raspberry? Xx

Colour faded to cream when we had that very hot weekend & client was here in England on the beach, so no chlorine.
Had to redo them:-(

Another client, the top coat started flaking off the next day as if the two hadn't bonded together.I buffed the surface & reapplied the top coat & it has been fine.

Rad Raspberry is a thicker more gloopy consistency but they said that was ok for that colour.

I do find they all need a roll in the palms to get the colours evenly mixed which I do when they arrive so it gets a chance to settle before using.

I havent used my Victorian Teal yet as I thought it would be more of a winter colour. Does it stain badly? any other prob with that one as I'm hoping to use it soon?

This happened to me with a half used bottle of black in my new led lamp the lot came off at wipe stage I did a different colour and set fine! Called palms extra & they sent me a replacement bottle immediately & iv had no problems since.
Toes with the led are u taking the bottom tray out so ur the correct distance from nail to light? And is their foot completely flat...... I notice clients like to pull their toes up slightly towards them sometimes & have to tell them keep flat!

Yes, the tray is out of the lamp, and her feet were completely flat. I'm really baffled!! Xx

Colour faded to cream when we had that very hot weekend & client was here in England on the beach, so no chlorine.
Had to redo them:-(

Another client, the top coat started flaking off the next day as if the two hadn't bonded together.I buffed the surface & reapplied the top coat & it has been fine.

Rad Raspberry is a thicker more gloopy consistency but they said that was ok for that colour.

I do find they all need a roll in the palms to get the colours evenly mixed which I do when they arrive so it gets a chance to settle before using.

I havent used my Victorian Teal yet as I thought it would be more of a winter colour. Does it stain badly? any other prob with that one as I'm hoping to use it soon?

Oh dear. I give all of mine a really thorough shake before use.

When you soak off Victorian Teal, the cuticles, side walls and skin are stained a light blue, it's a nightmare!! My suppliers told me to apply 2 layers of basecoat to counteract it, but I haven't tried it yet .

Honeysuckle went white n
In me on one lady last summer xx

Oh dear. I give all of mine a really thorough shake before use.

When you soak off Victorian Teal, the cuticles, side walls and skin are stained a light blue, it's a nightmare!! My suppliers told me to apply 2 layers of basecoat to counteract it, but I haven't tried it yet .

Honeysuckle went white n
In me on one lady last summer xx

Right, I shall lube up the nail with oil before removal & see if this stops the skin staining. Thanks for that. x

So girls...

Got a brand new LED and UV lamp today... Got new Gelicure colours, new nail cleanser and new step 1 and 2... Same results as yesterday... I'm ready to pull my hair out!!!!!!!!!!!

I even took my problem colours and my LED lamp upto my suppliers, they tested them all out and didn't have a problem!!!!!!! I gave one of my clients who does OPI gel colour nails my Victorian Teal to try, she used it with her OPI base and top coat and didn't have a problem...

So now I'm thinking, could it be my base coat? It's the only thing the girls from the suppliers and my client used differently to me, and I've changed and replaced everything else!! And casting my mind back, the shrinkage on application problems have started since I've been using this base coat about 4 months ago?

What do you all think? Xx

So girls...

Got a brand new LED and UV lamp today... Got new Gelicure colours, new nail cleanser and new step 1 and 2... Same results as yesterday... I'm ready to pull my hair out!!!!!!!!!!!

I even took my problem colours and my LED lamp upto my suppliers, they tested them all out and didn't have a problem!!!!!!! I gave one of my clients who does OPI gel colour nails my Victorian Teal to try, she used it with her OPI base and top coat and didn't have a problem...

So now I'm thinking, could it be my base coat? It's the only thing the girls from the suppliers and my client used differently to me, and I've changed and replaced everything else!! And casting my mind back, the shrinkage on application problems have started since I've been using this base coat about 4 months ago?

What do you all think? Xx

It might be worth getting them to test your base coat.Has your base & top coat got mixed up some how, accidentally ?

Didn't you say it was intermittent though?
If it is a problem with the base coat it would be all the time?

Just a thought...did you swipe with polish remover instead of sanitiser before applying as polish removers contain some oil?

It might be worth getting them to test your base coat.Has your base & top coat got mixed up some how, accidentally ?

Didn't you say it was intermittent though?
If it is a problem with the base coat it would be all the time?

Just a thought...did you swipe with polish remover instead of sanitiser before applying as polish removers contain some oil?

I haven't got the top and base coat mixed up and I've just checked my nail cleanser and polish remover and I haven't mixed them up either...

I came into work early to do a colleagues nails. I did one hand with UV and the other with LED. I used Pink Lily and Silver Waterfall. I didn't encounter any shrinking or streaking or anything coming off, but when I squeaked the LED hand at the end, the cotton pad almost dragged down the nail, and barely squeaked. The UV hand squeaked as normal and had a nice shiny finish compared to the LED which was quite dull...

I used an old base coat that I had, I'm not sure whether that made a difference or if it worked ok because it was a pale colour? Xx

Sounds like the lamps not curing right to me. Send it back and get them to test it. X

Sounds like the lamps not curing right to me. Send it back and get them to test it. X

They gave me a brand new LED lamp yesterday though... It's so strange.

I just had to use UV today, I didn't use dark colours, but everything was fine. I continued to use my old base coat as well.

My distributors are contacting Nubar USA to see if it's possible the LED lamps are faulty... But this is the first problem I've had in a month and a half of using it?

Confused... Xx

They gave me a brand new LED lamp yesterday though... It's so strange.

I just had to use UV today, I didn't use dark colours, but everything was fine. I continued to use my old base coat as well.

My distributors are contacting Nubar USA to see if it's possible the LED lamps are faulty... But this is the first problem I've had in a month and a half of using it?

Confused... Xx

Wow, I can't wait till we get to the bottom of this one, it really has me stumped!

You will let us know when you find out wont you.
I found myself not sleeping the other night & going over this thread trying to think of all the different possibilities.

Wow, I can't wait till we get to the bottom of this one, it really has me stumped!

You will let us know when you find out wont you.
I found myself not sleeping the other night & going over this thread trying to think of all the different possibilities.

Awwww you're so lovely. I appreciate that - I hope you got over to sleep eventually!!

They're closed tomorrow for the bank holiday, so I'm going to contact them on Tuesday. I promise to keep you all posted.

Thanks so much for everyone's help!! Xx

Progress girls!!

I think it's the basecoat... I did my nails today with Victorian Teal and used the LED lamp. On my left hand, I used my old base coat, and on my right hand, I used my current base coat. Thinking back, I started to have problems with the Gelicure shrinking on application prior to curing, and whilst curing, after I'd bought my current base coat. Have a look at these photos of my nails... The left hand is first (old base coat) and then my right hand (current base coat). I did thorough cuticle work and thin, even layers on both hands. (Excuse the messy application, I was testing this in between appointments and didn't have much time).

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346187717.523921.jpg

The right hand has shrunk away and looks like I haven't pushed back my cuticles... It's not as dark or glossy or rich as my left hand. What do you all think?

My distributors tested Gelicure toes over the weekend using my lamp, and had the same problems as me. They need to check with Nubar, but they're thinking that once you take the mirrored tray out of the bottom to accommodate the foot, your nails are further away from the light, and they think that the lights are perhaps improperly spaced so it's not providing a full cure on all nails. Xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346187747.758736.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346187747.758736.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 133
Progress girls!!

I think it's the basecoat... I did my nails today with Victorian Teal and used the LED lamp. On my left hand, I used my old base coat, and on my right hand, I used my current base coat. Thinking back, I started to have problems with the Gelicure shrinking on application prior to curing, and whilst curing, after I'd bought my current base coat. Have a look at these photos of my nails... The left hand is first (old base coat) and then my right hand (current base coat). I did thorough cuticle work and thin, even layers on both hands. (Excuse the messy application, I was testing this in between appointments and didn't have much time).

View attachment 19667

The right hand has shrunk away and looks like I haven't pushed back my cuticles... It's not as dark or glossy or rich as my left hand. What do you all think?

My distributors tested Gelicure toes over the weekend using my lamp, and had the same problems as me. They need to check with Nubar, but they're thinking that once you take the mirrored tray out of the bottom to accommodate the foot, your nails are further away from the light, and they think that the lights are perhaps improperly spaced so it's not providing a full cure on all nails. Xx

So you are thinking it is the new base coat & they think the lamp without the tray - but didn't this still happen with your UV lamp?

Oooh sexy red :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346250776.800838.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346250776.800838.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 97
Fed up, had a nightmare applying Sweet Dreams last night, the one positive is it was on my nails and not a clients. I had my doubts about this colour as the same problem natured on my client. I applied stage 1,2 and base coat then put my first coat on as soon as i had put it on i could see it shrinking from the free edge and sheer and by the time i had done the the whole hand every one of them had shrunk. I have up and put Grenadine on

Latest posts

Back