Gelicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a beautiful Red from Gelish that was given as free gift when I bought their LED lamp at the show.

I tried to use it with my Gelicure products but the Red colour separates on the cured base coat, a similiar look to oil separating on water.
However from experimenting I have found that if you wipe the sticky layer lightly off the base coat with cleanse it stops this happening.

So whilst I do not mix products and have not invested in Gelish, it was a beneficial to find this out ; I can put the red to use on myself or family.

Hello.

I am really struggling to choose which Gelicure colours to get next. What does anyone make of the latest Gelicure collection? Does anyone have any photo samples?
What colours are most popular at the minute. I already have around 25 colours but just don't know which to get. Photos might inspire me! Thanks

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

does anyone use another brand of gel along side gelicure? im thinking of doing gelish aswell just so i can get some different colours that gelicure dont do. would i still be able to use my gelicure base coat/topcoat with gelish colours? x

I use Gelicure and Gelish but I never mix the two systems. I originally started with Gelicure but went with Gelish as well because of the huge colour range. I love them both but find Gelish slightly easier to remove. My clients choose completely on colour and not system.

Apply a thin coat of base
Cure
Slightly dampen a lint free wipe with nail cleanse
and Gently wipe the nail.

Gald to hear it helps with streaking will have to have a play now. :D

I use dsperse instead of Gelicure cleanse i take it this is safe to still do this with dsperse?

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

Hello Gelicure Geeks!

I am thinking of purchasing Cocoa Shimmer. I was wondering what you think of this colour? Also is there much difference between Smokey and the new Velvet Silver?

Has anybody used the new Espresso either? do you have any photos of these colours on nails? would be a big help if anyone did! thank you

Last edited:
Palms are having a 3 for 2 on all glitter products today including the gelicure glitter colours.

Hello Gelicure Geeks!

I am thinking of purchasing Cocoa Shimmer. I was wondering what you think of this colour? Also is there much difference between Smokey and the new Velvet Silver?

Has anybody used the new Espresso either? do you have any photos of these colours on nails? would be a big help if anyone did! thank you

Hi Frankie
This is Cocoa Shimmer sorry only picture I have at the moment but it has nail art on it. Is a nice brown with a shimmer you need to shake it really well and I normally do 3 coats.

Attachments

• CIMG9333.JPG
    CIMG9333.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 99
Been on Palms and cannot see the offer am I missing something ? xx

I am looking to add to my Gelicure collection I have about 20 so far of the following colours which are popular and which would you recommend going to buy another 3 I think to start with. Any pictures of the colours would be appreciated.
Expresso
Velvet silver
Mystique
Crystalina
Earthen
Pink Pop
Rad raspberry
Sparkler
Silver Waterfall
Smokey
Pharaoh Purple

Been on Palms and cannot see the offer am I missing something ? xx
Hey, it's doesn't mention it but I got an email this morning and put in an order. It takes off the money at the checkout.

It's all glitter products, so gelicure, glitter stripers, glitter polishes etc.

Are you registered with Palms? If not, it's a good idea to, because you get emails with offers on when they are coming up.

I have just bought Enchanted and had a nightmare removing it. The 'top' colour lifts away and I am left with a pink nail bed. The nail bed is not stained but resoaking what is left has no effect. I had to buff the pink from the nailbed.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue? Are you experiencing the same with this colour?

I have no problems with the many other colours I have.

Thanks in advance.

I have just bought Enchanted and had a nightmare removing it. The 'top' colour lifts away and I am left with a pink nail bed. The nail bed is not stained but resoaking what is left has no effect. I had to buff the pink from the nailbed.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue? Are you experiencing the same with this colour?

I have no problems with the many other colours I have.

Thanks in advance.

SNAP!!!!

I took Enchanted off a client yesterday & exactly the same thing happened. I too had to buff the nail to get rid of the stain.

It was the first time I had used that colour.....

Hum, maybe best we give them a ring?

Phew, Glad it is not just me.
Although it is a lovely colour it took twice as long to remove.
Perhaps as you say a phone call is needed. :irked:

:cry: I have only been using Gelicure for a few months, but had a big problem today, I dont know if it was because i used a cuticle remover cream beforehand, although i washed all this off, Or that i used 3 coats of the Honeysuckle colour, which was a bit transparent? but it went all lumpy and pooled ij the side of the nails. I had to remove it, but it would not all come off and was difficult to remove ( dont know if this was because it was newly applied? ) and then it stained all the nails a peachy colour, her poor nails looked disgraceful, hence i have probably lost a new client :( if anyone can give me advice i would apprciate it, also when applying and it pools in the side, what do u remove it with while wet? :cry:

Has any body got the following colours thy could upload pics of please?.....
Toasted marshmallow
Espresso
Strawberry
Grape
Rad raspberry

Want to increase my collection and have decided on royal blue and mystique but need 2 more and undecided on the above!

Any pics gratefully received :)
Thanks B

I don't have pics on my laptop but I had strawberry and returned it as its not as advertised. Is very sheer and you don't get a full coverage at all. I adore rad raspberry but be warned it is very bright.

:cry: I have only been using Gelicure for a few months, but had a big problem today, I dont know if it was because i used a cuticle remover cream beforehand, although i washed all this off, Or that i used 3 coats of the Honeysuckle colour, which was a bit transparent? but it went all lumpy and pooled ij the side of the nails. I had to remove it, but it would not all come off and was difficult to remove ( dont know if this was because it was newly applied? ) and then it stained all the nails a peachy colour, her poor nails looked disgraceful, hence i have probably lost a new client :( if anyone can give me advice i would apprciate it, also when applying and it pools in the side, what do u remove it with while wet? :cry:

was this a new bottle of honeysuckle?

Has any body got the following colours thy could upload pics of please?.....
Toasted marshmallow
Espresso
Strawberry
Grape
Rad raspberry

Want to increase my collection and have decided on royal blue and mystique but need 2 more and undecided on the above!

Any pics gratefully received :)
Thanks B

rad raspberry a must have!!! very versatile good colour pigmentation very popular

Hi chick,
Sounds to me like you are putting it on too think, there shouldn't be any poolage (as it were lol) in the side, also make sure the nail is free from any cuticle remover before applying gelicure,
Hope this helps, x

HI I was on the mailing list for palms but not had this recent offer, Cosmetic consultants in Nottingham always match the offers Palms do so just went there.
Thanks
x

Latest posts

Back