Gelicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rad raspberry a must have!!! very versatile good colour pigmentation very popular

Thanks rad raspberry it is on the pink scale then. Now toasted marshmallow or the espresso to choose?
Already have smokey and pan dolce and coca shimmer so don't want anything to similar...... Anyone know or got either o these?

Hi Guys what Nail Art glue to you use to secure decals and rhinestones, tried setting into top coat but just not getting them to last. Any recommendations would be great.

TIA

:)

I just went to use my base coat and it's gone into a thick paste :( I always store them In my box out of the light etc maybe it's to cold ?? Anyone else had this x

I notice that it goes fairly thick and gloopy when you are getting to the end of the bottle, is it an old bottle? Sometimes as well the lid does not always close flush so maybe some air has got into it and dried it out.

A client has asked me to do a luxury Gelicure tomorrow, with scrub, masque etc. I use nubar products. I am really rather nervous about this as its a new Gelicure client and i don't want to affect how long the Gelicure lasts by doing something to it with vile scrub etc!

Could any of you please advise me on the best way around this, to do the luxury Manicure bit without damaging the Gelicure.

Thank you x x

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

A client has asked me to do a luxury Gelicure tomorrow, with scrub, masque etc. I use nubar products. I am really rather nervous about this as its a new Gelicure client and i don't want to affect how long the Gelicure lasts by doing something to it with vile scrub etc!

Could any of you please advise me on the best way around this, to do the luxury Manicure bit without damaging the Gelicure.

Thank you x x

do gelicure as normal

and follow up with scrub and mask

i only change this if a customer has very dirty nails/hands and the i do the scrub/wash before the gelicure as only way to get nails properly cleaned

do gelicure as normal

and follow up with scrub and mask

i only change this if a customer has very dirty nails/hands and the i do the scrub/wash before the gelicure as only way to get nails properly cleaned

Thanks for responding! Should I avoid getting the scrub and mask on top of the Gelicure? X

Hi Guys what Nail Art glue to you use to secure decals and rhinestones, tried setting into top coat but just not getting them to last. Any recommendations would be great.

TIA

:)

I don't use glue for rhinestones i just put them on the uncured topcoat then cure it. They never fall off. X

Thanks for responding! Should I avoid getting the scrub and mask on top of the Gelicure? X

No don't worry its fine.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I'm fairly new to gelicure and at the moment just experimenting with my starter pack I've got, I'm looking to put natural gel nails on today but with a gelicure colour on top, my question is whether I would need to do 2 preps I.e one for the gel extensions (which I would do anyway) and then another for the top colour? Sorry if this sounds vague xxx

I'm using a uv lamp at the moment but it takes so long. Just wondered what everyone flies used for Gelicure? Thinking of getting an LED lamp, what do you think? x

I've never used a led light but with my uv lamp, as one hand is in the lamp, i am painting the other hand and as the lamp switches off the next hand is ready to go in. I suppose it depends on how quickly you can paint each hand and if your sat waiting for the 2mins to be up!

Got some neon glitters from NYX so I had a play with them over a coat of neon gelicure.
2012-12-27164531.jpg

These are the glitter gelicures i bought in the promotion the other week. 2 coats of each but no colour underneath.
2012-12-12203905.jpg

I am looking to add to my Gelicure collection I have about 20 so far of the following colours which are popular and which would you recommend going to buy another 3 I think to start with. Any pictures of the colours would be appreciated.
Expresso
Velvet silver
Mystique
Crystalina
Earthen
Pink Pop
Rad raspberry
Sparkler
Silver Waterfall
Smokey
Pharaoh Purple

Mystique layered with Crystalina
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1356879629.741176.jpg

Smokey and Silver Waterfall
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1356879674.558772.jpg

Rad Raspberry
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1356879727.273915.jpg

Pink Pop
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1356879751.051966.jpg

Pharaoh Purple and Silver Waterfall
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1356879790.957264.jpg

Sparkler with Victorian Teal
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1356879841.639056.jpg

Thanks rad raspberry it is on the pink scale then. Now toasted marshmallow or the espresso to choose?
Already have smokey and pan dolce and coca shimmer so don't want anything to similar...... Anyone know or got either o these?

In my opinion Toasted Marshmallow is awful... I bought it when the collection was first released and one person has got it. Espresso is lovely and rich :) xx

Has any body got the following colours thy could upload pics of please?.....
Toasted marshmallow
Espresso
Strawberry
Grape
Rad raspberry

Want to increase my collection and have decided on royal blue and mystique but need 2 more and undecided on the above!

Any pics gratefully received :)
Thanks B

I agree with the one of the other geeks, strawberry isn't the colour that's advertised. As its so sheer, I use it for French and all my clients prefer this to Electric Touch. I haven't bought any of the French collection apart from Crystalina as I didn't see the point... Grape is very sheer too, I was having to apply 4 layers of it!! Espresso is lovely and Rad Raspberry is AMAZING!! Xx

Hi i thought the same... on other sites for other brands and even gelicure it states 10 mins :rolleyes: im glad im not the only one. Are you using the nubar removal product? or maybe we applying to much?

marie
x

I agree with the one of the other geeks, strawberry isn't the colour that's advertised. As its so sheer, I use it for French and all my clients prefer this to Electric Touch. I haven't bought any of the French collection apart from Crystalina as I didn't see the point... Grape is very sheer too, I was having to apply 4 layers of it!! Espresso is lovely and Rad Raspberry is AMAZING!! Xx

The colours i am STILL stuck between buying for the new year is between smokey and velvet silver? which is the nicer colour and do they cover well without being sheer?

between espresso, cafe au lait or cocoa shimmer for a dark brown choice? same question about sheerness?

is heartbreak a nice colour too?

had a few problems with colours needing so many coats to cover the nail without being see through. do you all use white as a first coat to get a solid base? x

had a few problems with colours needing so many coats to cover the nail without being see through. do you all use white as a first coat to get a solid base? x

I have found that turning the colour bottle upside down as soon as client picks it (before i start prep - i put it between my legs lol) then shaking the hell out of it while the basecoat is curing has helped so much with this. Example, when I first used aubergine on my friend i put 3 coats on and it could've done with another. Now Im wearing 2 coats of it and it's perfect.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

In my opinion Toasted Marshmallow is awful... I bought it when the collection was first released and one person has got it. Espresso is lovely and rich :) xx

What would u say espresso is like in comparison to cocoa shimmer as I have that already? I share not bother with toasted marshmallow!

Latest posts

Back