Gelish alternative

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miniminx13

Reaction score
HiGeeks... I am a Gelish girl through and through but I have been increasingly disappointed with the newer collections due to thickness, patchy colours, removal and fading issues. I received two new colours today (My One Blue Love and Kiss Me I'm a Prince) and having tested on myself I am really fed up that these too seem to have a thick and stringy consistency. These were from Sally's but I have waited for stock to come in from Harmony so they are definitely genuine.....

I am Gelish trained but my insurers are happy for me to use other brands of similar application procedure. What other Gel Polishes are popular and free of batch issues as above?

Thank you....

Artistic Colour Gloss, part of the same Group as Harmony (Gelish) with fantastic colours, and you can keep using your Gelish basecoat and topcoat with it until you need to restock. The UK distributors Louelleabelle are very good to deal with too.

Thanks Izzydoll... I have a few ACG but the problems are similar. I guess because they are connected. I don't mind replacing base and top coat etc but thinking maybe Orly or IBD or similar?

I have bought a bottle of OPI gelcolour and am really impressed..think I will gradually swap over..the Gelish base and topcoat can be used with it too..Im fed up with buying colours that are too sheer and need 3 or 4 coats, but dont look it when you research the colours, iknwim?

IBD are pretty good and I use Gelish base and top, i've also heard good reviews about Denise Taylor Gelamor and I know another nail tech who uses these and loves them, I may try their black first to see how it compares as my Black Shadow takes 4 coats!! :-(

My first colours from original 70 were great. Consistent coverage and removal same for all. The newer ranges are so hit and miss - the collections come out so quickly, it seems formulation has changed for the worse.

Just to give an update on the Black by Denise Taylor Gelamor, it's a brilliant black, and fantastic for doing nail art :) x

Artistic Colour Gloss, part of the same Group as Harmony (Gelish) with fantastic colours, and you can keep using your Gelish basecoat and topcoat with it until you need to restock. The UK distributors Louelleabelle are very good to deal with too.

What is ACG black like as the Gelish Black takes too many layers to look opaque?

I LOVE Denise Taylor Gelamor. It's fantastic and I wouldn't use anything else, she's expanding the colour range slowly as well which is great.

Latest posts

Back