Gelish brush problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LISA A

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced strange happenings to their brushes in the Gelish colours?? About 4 of mine have gone completely misshapened. 2 are completely unusable as have turned into the shape of chimney sweep brushes. I love using gelish but am wondering if I am doing something wrong ? Any advice and feedback welcome. Thanks

Not had any problems with any of mine at all, have you tried putting another brush in the bottle to check the Gelish inside is still ok?

They are fairly new bottles and those that I can manage to use the product itself is fine. Just makes application really difficult.

I've not had this but the only thing I can think is maybe some product has cured on the brush? Someone might come along with a better idea! If you call Nail Harmony they might be able to supply spares?

I've not had this but the only thing I can think is maybe some product has cured on the brush? Someone might come along with a better idea! If you call Nail Harmony they might be able to supply spares?

Thats exactly what I was thinking too, are you near sunlight when applying Gelish?

This happened to my top coat yesterday. The brush when stiff and was at an angle. I think I had it out of the bottle talking to a customer whilst the lamp was on. I assume I cured it.....

xx

This happened to mine when I was working in the sun ( which was unavoidable)
Nail harmony sent me some spares & were very helpful, just give them a call.x

Yes that happened on my top coat brush I was working in direct sunlight and it does say on the bottle of avoid it. I just use my gel brush at the mo to do my topcoat x

Just call nail harmony. They are really helpful. I have been sent new brushes too.

:hug: THANKS EVERYONE. WILL GIVE THEM A CALL AND ASK FOR SOME SPARES.

omg! i thought it was just GELEZ what i use, i had 4 bottles do this, 2 issues though, the colour clumped on some, but the brush did exactly what you guys are saying on all of them!

I thought something had happend to the chemicals, but as some didnt go clumpy just the brush went funny i am confused. Some one else who uses gelez said some of theirs did the same.

i dont work near sunlight, i work under fluorescent lighting. Are my bottles too close to my uv lamp when im working do you think anyone? x

Thanks for all your advice too. I will contact nail harmony and see if they can send some spares. I am totally indoors no natural light at all. But I do have a fluoerescent light that I use to light the nails up... am wondering.....

xx

omg! i thought it was just GELEZ what i use, i had 4 bottles do this, 2 issues though, the colour clumped on some, but the brush did exactly what you guys are saying on all of them!

I thought something had happend to the chemicals, but as some didnt go clumpy just the brush went funny i am confused. Some one else who uses gelez said some of theirs did the same.

i dont work near sunlight, i work under fluorescent lighting. Are my bottles too close to my uv lamp when im working do you think anyone? x

I really dont know if having the bottles too close to the lamp would cause this but Im guessing it probably could, I always make sure when Im working my bottle is well away from the lamp and so is the hand im working on x

Thanks for all your advice too. I will contact nail harmony and see if they can send some spares. I am totally indoors no natural light at all. But I do have a fluoerescent light that I use to light the nails up... am wondering.....

xx
I happened to me I cleaned the brush well with acetone and it worked quite well :)

i generally do work with the bottles on the opposite side of nail table, maybe a few times i have brought closer to lamp and not realised, i just wish i knew what the reason for this is. Its one of the reasons im moving away from Gelez to Gellish :/acetone in polish gel? even a small amount can be good?im scared to try that.

Also, if you work under a desk lamp, this might be inadvertently curing the gelish on the brush whilst you are working on the other hand.
I nearly bought an LED desk lamp recently as it looked rather sleek and trendy and then remembered that I cure Gelish with an LED lamp...!:irked:

I have found it is my fluorescent lamp that probably cured my brush (and everything else!)

xx

Binglebongle - Good point!!

I dont work under a desk lamp, the salon ceiling lights are fluorescent. :/

Mine have done exactly the same! 4 bottles, some of which I haven't even used so don't sit out or near the uv lamp so I don't know why it's happened. I use gelez and am considering changing products because of this... I don't have them in the sun either.

Latest posts

Back