Gelish dry wiping & fluff!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sjacko77

Reaction score
Anyone else find that dry wiping just makes fluff?! Whether I use a brush or lint free wipe I pretty much get fluff on most nails which then takes me an age to pick off. Any hints here?

Also, what am I best cleaning the brush with that I've used for dry wiping?

Thanks.

Change what you are wiping with. Use waxing paper (the facial ones are ideal cut in half), or strips of good quality kitchen roll, or OPI Perfect Touch wipes or Sibel wipes. All are totally lint free. Everything else I've tried leaves fluff.

I use cut up disposable nappy liners as seriously they are the only things that do not leave fluff for me!! I clean my brush with NSI cleanse xx

Kitchen towel is the best for me, a good quality one though x

Thanks ladies. I shall try kitchen roll first & take it from there :)

I use the Regina Blitz Kitchen Roll. Tried a few things and was shocked at how good it is.

I use Regina too and also use it on my desk to work on.

I use the Gelish gel brush and it's fantastic. I never have any sort of fluff at all.

Oooh, I have Regina towel in our kitchen at the moment ... *shuffles off to fetch a pair of scissors and investigate* :D

I use the Gelish gel brush and it's fantastic. I never have any sort of fluff at all.

Me too .... i don't get this dry wipe thing, it takes me just as long to dry brush as it would you to cut your paper towel up into small chunks, dry wipe & hope there's not fluff !!

The little haxagonal sponges from harmony are fab I wouldn't go back to a brush! X

Me too .... i don't get this dry wipe thing, it takes me just as long to dry brush as it would you to cut your paper towel up into small chunks, dry wipe & hope there's not fluff !!

Dry wiping is much quicker than dry brushing. Nobody is suggesting that you cut up towels etc. during application :lol: OPI Expert Touch pads need no cutting, facial wax strips are cut in two and you could cut enough in about 2 minutes to last you a month, with a paper cutter you could cut enough kitchen roll for a month's use in around 10 minutes.

Dry wiping is much quicker than dry brushing. Nobody is suggesting that you cut up towels etc. during application :lol: OPI Expert Touch pads need no cutting, facial wax strips are cut in two and you could cut enough in about 2 minutes to last you a month, with a paper cutter you could cut enough kitchen roll for a month's use in around 10 minutes.

Fair enough, I had this image of trying to cut Bounty sheets into quarters to dry wipe !!!!!

Think ill stick with my dry brushing, my application time is pretty quick as it is.

Fair enough, I had this image of trying to cut Bounty sheets into quarters to dry wipe !!!!!

Think ill stick with my dry brushing, my application time is pretty quick as it is.

Agreed!

Hi

There are 2 things that will be ok for the 'Dry Brushing' stage of the application

- A 'dry'/ clean Harmony brush
- A Harmony sponge

Avoid any thing else ESPECIALLY a lint free wipe as you'll get fluff and possibly remove TOO much of the foundation layer.

On the Gelish course....you are taught to Dry Brush:wink2: litterally a quick swipe over the foundation to make sure it isn't 'slippy'

hth

Are you recommending to use good quality kitchen roll after applying the foundation gel? Or also at the end? Also how small would you cut the kitchen roll? Sorry but I'm also experiencing lots of fluff and bits so I might have a go with the kitchen roll :)

Are you recommending to use good quality kitchen roll after applying the foundation gel? Or also at the end? Also how small would you cut the kitchen roll? Sorry but I'm also experiencing lots of fluff and bits so I might have a go with the kitchen roll :)

So am I, when i dry brush all it does is rough up the nail surface to me, so of course it is going to be rough & bumpy, I dont understand the reason behind it? have used another brand and did not have to do this?

You dry wipe after foundation. The strips can be cut to around 1"x2", easier if you have paper cutter. If not, buy facial waxing strips from your wholesaler and then cut them in half. They sell them in packs of 100, you only need one per client, so 200 services. One firm wipe over each nail and you're done.

Kitchen roll can be used for wiping off the sticky layer at the end, but it breaks a bit and I can't always hear the "squeak", Sibel or ordinary wipes are better, doesn't matter about fluff at that point.

Latest posts

Back