gelish/harmony lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My comment was more about are people trying to keep up to the speed of the lamp not their learning experience. (on the previos post)

Ok thats fair enough but i still think making comments about other peoples work on here isnt right. Thats just my opinion.

Why I happen to agree, it's the truth I'm sorry but it's quality nit quantity. I could do 20 shellacs or file polishes in a full day but I know I would not be happy they would be rushed and I would be compromising something fir ££££££ and in the long run I would rather have my scrupels and and work ethics than do a poor job.

If some of the pictures on the facebook page are by the woman who does 14 sets a day I'm not suprised she does them that fast because the quality of polishing is pretty poor tbh.
(not all of them I might add)

The lady in particular started in the business in 2010, opened for business in the Summer and is now fully booked. It costs nothing to be a little more gracious than this when you have been in the business as long as you have.

She stated on Facebook that this was a very long day, quite normal when you are fully booked around Christmas time.

Maybe this was a comment that didn't need to be made at all?:eek:

Ok thats fair enough but i still think making comments about other peoples work on here isnt right. Thats just my opinion.

Shell in my opinion criticism is not always a bad thing, I would rather someone say if they thought what I had done could be better.
And as for saying it on here I thought that's what a pro forum was for? To voice opinions, share tips, ideas etc...please don't think I'm being nasty here but I'm simply saying are people thinking they should be able to paint a full hand in 30 secs?
Personally I prefer my clients to keep their hands in the lamp untill I'm ready for the next one! Because once that light goes out they fidgit and end up with bits off fluff stuck on them x

The lady in particular started in the business in 2010, opened for business in the Summer and is now fully booked. It costs nothing to be a little more gracious than this when you have been in the business as long as you have.

She stated on Facebook that this was a very long day, quite normal when you are fully booked around Christmas time.

Maybe this was a comment that didn't need to be made at all?:eek:

I wasn't talking about any lady in particular on facebook lol I think your misreading my post.

For one last time! No one is saying that you need to paint the nails in 30 seconds!!! Just quicker than 2 minutes!!! The lamp cures in 30 seconds rather than 2 minutes but there has never been a suggestion that you would be expected to paint nails in 30 seconds.

If you find you are waiting for the lamp to finish then you will save time, if you are still painting when the lamp is finished then you won't. If you can afford the LED and want one then have one, if you cannot afford one or just don't want one then you don't get one.

I don't think anyone really cares who has one or who hasn't apart from the individual and their clients, oh, and maybe the distributors. It is a personal choice that does not need to be nit picked like this.

I think this is the way the industry is heading anyway, even if only for ecological reasons, the lamps will change and we will all have one. As for cost, like all new technology, the prices will come down. I am keeping my eye on a lovely new LED TV for instance but it's a bit pricey at the moment so I am waiting, it will meet me half way soon!!:green:

For one last time! No one is saying that you need to paint the nails in 30 seconds!!! Just quicker than 2 minutes!!! The lamp cures in 30 seconds rather than 2 minutes but there has never been a suggestion that you would be expected to paint nails in 30 seconds.

If you find you are waiting for the lamp to finish then you will save time, if you are still painting when the lamp is finished then you won't. If you can afford the LED and want one then have one, if you cannot afford one or just don't want one then you don't get one.

I don't think anyone really cares who has one or who hasn't apart from the individual and their clients, oh, and maybe the distributors. It is a personal choice that does not need to be nit picked like this.

I think this is the way the industry is heading anyway, even if only for ecological reasons, the lamps will change and we will all have one. As for cost, like all new technology, the prices will come down. I am keeping my eye on a lovely new LED TV for instance but it's a bit pricey at the moment so I am waiting, it will meet me half way soon!!:green:

hey sheila
dont frett its just a debate, after all its what the forums are for :)
as for the LED TV, what about them 3D ones? nice xx

Not nasty at all hun i for one am all for criticism but would like it that someone made comments about my work to my face and not on a public forum if you get my meaning.

All said and done ive strayed away from the actual subject so may just shut up now!!!:lol::lol:

Not nasty at all hun i for one am all for criticism but would like it that someone made comments about my work to my face and not on a public forum if you get my meaning.

All said and done ive strayed away from the actual subject so may just shut up now!!!:lol::lol:

Shell it's not one person in particular, I'm not getting anyone specific.
I can gaurentee you that if someone came up to me face to face and asked me I would tell them the same xx

hey sheila
dont frett its just a debate, after all its what the forums are for :)
as for the LED TV, what about them 3D ones? nice xx

Tried the 3D TV thing in John Lewis but I don't want to wear, what look like sunglasses to watch telly with? Is it just me who doesn't get that? :green:

i wouldnt want to watch everything with the glasses on but the odd film or sporting event would be nice...not like corrie or the news etc...

Latest posts

Back