Gelish not curing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumpapple

Reaction score
when I put my top it off or a layering colour the colour is coming off a bit on my brush. I have extended the time to 2 and a half mins and lamp is new so don't think it can be bulbs. is there anything else it could be??

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Are you sure you're not applying it too thick?

What lamp are you using?

I don't think I'm doing it too thick? I will try thinner- got 2 people to practice on tonight :)
its a uv lamp

when I put my top it off or a layering colour the colour is coming off a bit on my brush. I have extended the time to 2 and a half mins and lamp is new so don't think it can be bulbs. is there anything else it could be??

Are you using enough TIO? It needs to glide on x

U will get a bit of colour on your brush if u don't glide the TIO. X

If you don't cover all colored surfaces with TIO then you will get color that wipes off with the tacky layer. You must seal all edges with TIO. Gelish should cure in a uv lamp, maybe try 3 minutes instead of 2. Is the lamp 36w?

If the lamp is 36w and new, if its a cheapy one from ebay then the light may not be the right wavelength to cure it? Also, check the clients placement of their hands..the light has to get to all parts of all fingers.. Gettting the client to slighltly roll their hand while its in the lamp may help too, assuming as above, that the TIO is over all the colour etc..x

Latest posts

Back