Gelish or opi axxium??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa S

Reaction score
Hello again! Don't know what I'd do withoug you guys. I need to decide which one to chose to do in gelish or opi axxium. I do shellac at the moment, just want to be able to offer something else colour wise. I have read so much about Gelish on here but not much about the OPI. Which do you think I would be better going with? I am qualified to Level 3 in Beauty Therapy, amongst other things, I do the shellac and minx at the moment - do i need to train further to do the Gelish, i.e will I need to go on a course to purchase the kit from, I think you all use 'Harmony'. Would Gelish be ok with my new CND lamp? The colours look amazing and this is what my clients are after, blue's, purples, etc. Any advice would be very much appreciated, on which one you would choose and how I would go about starting up with that product. Thank you!! Lisa x :rolleyes:

I use OPI Axxium and I love it. It goes on thin, stays incredibly shiny, adds strength and my clients love the way that the colour names are familiar from their favourite polish..... I haven't used Gelish so I can't offer you any advise on that front.

OPI/Lena White wont sell you the kit unless you do the conversion workshop for £50, but it is well worth doing anyway. OPI also advised me that Axxium cures in the CND lamp.

Hth's

I havn't used gellish but I use OPI, i really really love using it. As the previous post mentioned before all their gels have matching polishes, which is great if the client wants to touch up between appointments and therefore a great retail opportunity! Hope someone else can tell you about Gellish to get a balanced view. x

The only other thing I would mention is the cost of the OPI lamp, it's very pricey so if you can use the CND one all the better. When I did my training the tutor told us that a 36 watt lamp would be fine to use. Have also heard from her that OPI are doing a mini pink lamp to use with axxium. Not sure how much but considerably cheaper.

I don't think i will get away with doing the conversion course, as I am not trained in enhancements, so the OPI course would be quite expensive for me I think. Would they let me go on it without purchasing the colourfulls starter kit, and I am sure the CND lamp would be fine. I guess I would have to ring them and find out, do you know who I would contact, and who do you get your supplies off for the Axxium? Thanks again. Still also interested in Gellish if anyone can tell me anything about that? x

The starter kit is brilliant and a must have to practice. I'm not sure if there is anywhere that does the training without purchasing the starter kit, (I mean it is all covered and included in the training price). I get my axxium from lena white x

I use them both and they each have their benefits. I like that OPI has coordinating polishes to retail for "at home touch ups", but I like that Gelish is in a polish bottle and costs much less per service. They both will cure fine with your CND light though-so with either one you won't need to purchase a new lamp. There are so many pros to each one that it would be hard to choose, but for pure ease of application, soak off and cost per service tipped me Gelish. But in the end--my clients are kinda making that decision for me as they are mostly choosing Gelish out of OPI Axxium, Shellac, ECO, Illusion and Gelish.

Thanks for that, what would I need to do regarding purchasing the Gelish? Just open an account with harmony? Are there instructions with the kit or will I need to do a course before I purchase, just need to know how to start up with it really. Thanks x

Thanks for that, what would I need to do regarding purchasing the Gelish? Just open an account with harmony? Are there instructions with the kit or will I need to do a course before I purchase, just need to know how to start up with it really. Thanks x

Your best course of action would be to give Harmony a call, Jason or Georgie will be able to answer all your questions there and then.
0800 014 8300.

Following on from the questions regarding curing, would Gellish / Axxium cure under a biosculpture lamp?

I've never got on with biosculpture and want to change my system to gellish or axxium

Rebecca

Gelish can be cured in a 36watt lamp or the new technology Harmony LED lamp.

Hi there you can buy axxium on ebay, I use it and it is very good, long lasting shine and thin finish.

Hi there you can buy axxium on ebay, I use it and it is very good, long lasting shine and thin finish.

And why exactly would you buy from Ebay when there is a very good UK distributor in Lena White :rolleyes:? Ebay means any Joe Public can buy it, the product could be old/used/fake and you will invalidate your insurance using it on clients. Also Ebay sellers tend to post out illegally too.

Buy professional use products from authorised sources, support your distributor and be confident that you have support and back up should you need it. Ebay is not the place to buy these type of products from and as professional nail techs we do not offer it as a solution on this forum.

Here Here !!!!

I started off taking the BioSculpture Boot Camp and was thrilled with their product as no one I've been able to find here in Maui offers it. I also tried the OPI and between the two, I would go with BioSculpture. As far as the post about color selection....Bio offers 160 colors. I am anzious to try the Minx...THEY LOOK HOT

I use Bio Sculpture & Gelish.Both are fantastic products.

With Gelish, I think the only disadvantage is they don't do matching polish where Bio Sculpture do.
That is one of the reasons why more Bio clients have stuck with Bio.They like the fact that if they have a mishap they can polish that nail in till they can get to me, or infill the back between appointments.

I have found Axxium SO very popular, a lot of my clients like that they know they nail polishes and can get the matching polishes for holidays etc.

The polish really seems to sway people- more than I thought it would.
I think they feel more confident even if they don't need it.....& hey, that's one more thing to retail.

I'm pretty sure Harmony will have a polish line soon. Not sure if they will be matching colours but hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back