Gelish or Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shstudio

Reaction score
I do have some Gelish, but now wondering should I have gone Shellac?

I have read threads in both groups, so confused?????:cry:

Try them both out then!
Go and get a Shellc treatment and see how it lasts and either go yourself or get a friend to get a Gelish treatment and do likewise.
Also look at what is available in each system and do a comparison. Both distributors have great customer service, availability can be a problem with some products and you should also look at the colours that are available and see what ones would suit your clientel.
There is loads of information on both of the Social Groups for these systems, but you can read and read until the cows come home but there is nothing like actually going out and testing the products on yourself.

I agree with Isobel, no one can make your decision for you and if you use the groups and the search button for threads on this subject you will get all the information you need to confuse you even further probably! :green:

I agree too, I've tried em both, like em both, but Gelish has more colors and colors I would be more likely to use. However I'm already pretty dang loyal to ibd when it comes to gel and it's cheap so I'm taking a risk and buying Gelac

I agree too, I've tried em both, like em both, but Gelish has more colors and colors I would be more likely to use. However I'm already pretty dang loyal to ibd when it comes to gel and it's cheap so I'm taking a risk and buying Gelac

If you are going the coloured gel route, I don't think you are taking a big risk buying Gelac at all really. I would think that when you compare it to other coloured gels, you will find no difference at all in either application or performance ... the only difference will be the colour selection (and you may not find much difference in that either) and whether the manufacturer has been asked to put in pots of bottles! Some like one container and others like the other.

I like loyalty in people and when you trust the company and the performance of what you use then why not stick with what you know and the people you know and like? :hug:

You have some Gelish so its time to get out there and start selling the concept to clients.

In the meantime i'd go have a shellac treatment yourself and see how you like it and you can add it to your treatments if you do.

If you are going the coloured gel route, I don't think you are taking a big risk buying Gelac at all really. I would think that when you compare it to other coloured gels, you will find no difference at all in either application or performance ... the only difference will be the colour selection (and you may not find much difference in that either) and whether the manufacturer has been asked to put in pots of bottles! Some like one container and others like the other.

I like loyalty in people and when you trust the company and the performance of what you use then why not stick with what you know and the people you know and like? :hug:

I agree! I knew it would be a variety in a bottle for me, I like ibd, why not? Lol now I have to admit that I use Creative for all things acrylic, can I still be considered loyal, just to 2 brands? Lol!

One thing to keep in mind, if you feel that Shellac and Gellish are working equally wonderful, is that (at least where I am) you get twice as much Gellish for the same price. Just something to think about

Latest posts

Back