Gelish repair due to client having accident, repair and structure gel pricing advice!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caroline2013

Reaction score
As the title says I need Geek advice on repair and repair pricing please!

I did a client last night, Gelish NNO, she has had an accident this morning, trapped a nail in her baby's car seat clasp and made a right mess of it, says its split down and Gelish is a mess

I'm repairing it tomorrow night as that's when I'm best available, until then I have told her to cut it short and put a plaster on it.

She lives locally so fuel isn't an issue just time and product, but I would like to know also for clients further afield what you would charge?

Background info: the client had been having Calgel for 4 years previous to me going last night for the 1st time, her nail plates looked efile damaged but she said the salon she had been going to didn't use an efile, all of her free edges had tiny tears in (towards the lunula not at the sides) hence she has now ripped one down one of the tears, I did mention that we'd see how she got on with Gelish and that we could try using Structure Gel next time - she said for this repair she would like to try structure so that's another question - structure gel pricing for one nail and for a set? also what is everybodys thoughts for whether you would put a tip on if I've got to take the nail as short as poss which it sounds like I will have to

Thank you so much for reading and hopefully somebody has some advice for me! :)

x Caroline x

I charge $5 per repair. (I'm in Australia). If its one nail, I would apply Structure at no extra cost.

I charge $5 per repair. (I'm in Australia). If its one nail, I would apply Structure at no extra cost.

Thanks for your reply! :) I charged £2.50 per nail in the end, not worked out my structure pricing yet! xx

I'm salon based, but if someone chips their Shellac and wants a repair/ breaks an L&P then I charge 10% of the full treatment cost per nail. It's never going to be a money maker on one or two repairs due to the time angle, but I keep the cost at that as it seems fair to the client and preserves your client base xxx

If you are mobile don't you have a minimum charge for call outs like this ?
I know this client was close, but would you really travel miles to fix 1 broken nail for £2.50 :eek:

If you are mobile don't you have a minimum charge for call outs like this ?
I know this client was close, but would you really travel miles to fix 1 broken nail for £2.50 :eek:

no! hehe thats exactly what I thought, I need a pricing structure for repairs desperately and I can't find any advice for 'minimum call out fees' etc, everyone that charges say £2.50 / £3 a repair is salon based which is obviously so different to my situation, I'm still v confused as to what to charge, I would like to say maybe a £5 minimum call out fee plus the repairs

but it sounds so steep to the person who's damaged their nail but then that's not my fault, but I don't want them put off, but would a good client be put off when they find it so much more convenient to their lifestyles to have ne come to them?! I'm finding this one tricky as you can probably tell! :o

x Caroline x

Latest posts

Back