Gelish/ Shellac/ gelac etc?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haylz4684

Reaction score
Hi, still new to this posting lark so if this question has come up before I'm really sorry to post it again! (I have searched already and nothing came up)

I set up mobile a few months ago and have decided I'd like to add a gel polish to my treatment list. I had a rep come from Gelish last week and loved the product but when I looked at the prices there is no way I can afford them. The lamp was £250 and the smallest package with 4 colours was around £150! I just dont have that sort of money and it would take a lot to make that back, bearing in mind I live in a less affluent area and would have to charge the lowest prices.

So I've had a look at a few other ranges but to be honest I feel a bit out of my comfort zone with gel so am asking you good people if you could give me your opinions on the different gel polish ranges (I only listed a few at the top, I know there are lots) and costs of them if you know them please.

Hi, I am a great fan of CND Shellac (I use nothing else) if you go for their lamp and colours the price is fairly competitive and a CND Shellac lamp will cure any gel/gel polish where as if you buy any other lamp you will not be able to cure Shellac with it. Also, the thing that I really love about Shellac is that it is the only gel polish that doesn't need the natural nail buffed before application - a good selling point for my clients. And you don't have to buff the surface before a 10 min removal. This is my opinion, hth's x

Hi, I am a great fan of CND Shellac (I use nothing else) if you go for their lamp and colours the price is fairly competitive and a CND Shellac lamp will cure any gel/gel polish where as if you buy any other lamp you will not be able to cure Shellac with it. Also, the thing that I really love about Shellac is that it is the only gel polish that doesn't need the natural nail buffed before application - a good selling point for my clients. And you don't have to buff the surface before a 10 min removal. This is my opinion, hth's x

Oh I like the idea of no buffing! how long do they take? x

What can you afford my darling? Maybe if you let us know what sort of sum you can spend at the moment we can advise you better either of another product or to wait and save a bit more. It may be that taking on another treatment is just not possible for you at the moment.:wink2:

Beauty express do a gellac kit (excluding lamp) for £95 excl VAT, i think that is quite reasonable and will be getting it soon :)
hth x

Hey!

Im am in the same boat as you, the amount of times i have nearly purchased Shellac and I havn't because I know my boyfriend/accoutant would KILL ME!

Just to let you know that Salon Services have a no VAT day tomorrow (well they do in caridff and im sure its the same with others) they currently have a offer on at the moment with thre ASP gel kit which comes with a free UV lamp, I won't quote the price on here but if you gogle it im sure you will find out (its actually cheaper in the shop that it is on salon services online by half price) and the lamp you get is worth quite a lot!

Only thing is I havn't read many reviews on asp colour gel - i think its fairly new, the colours look lovely and there is a lot in the set..... also they have started selling gellish at sallys so maybe this with no VAT will save you a lot of money!

I havn't read very good reviews on gelac so although the price is good its still a lot of money to spend on a product that doesn't last!

HTH X

Hi,

I use Gellux which is quite a new system from Salon Systems. I think it is only available through Capital Beauty Supplies at present. Ive found it as good as some of the more expensive ranges and it cures with a UV or LED lamp. (UV you can pick up on ebay for £20).

Ive had loads of compliments on the colours, the product etc. And now I use this product on myself rather than the dearer brand my beautician uses.

Hope this helps

Hi, thank you for all your replies. Theres a few good suggestions for me to have a think about. Its not so much that I dont have the money, if the product is worth it then I will save and get it but I just found the price of the gelish really expensive. The lamp was £250 and the smallest starter kit with 4 polishes in was around £150. I thought this was a lot and would take me a long time to make back.

Hi, thank you for all your replies. Theres a few good suggestions for me to have a think about. Its not so much that I dont have the money, if the product is worth it then I will save and get it but I just found the price of the gelish really expensive. The lamp was £250 and the smallest starter kit with 4 polishes in was around £150. I thought this was a lot and would take me a long time to make back.

Gelish will cure under a 36 watt uv lamp so if you already have one of these then you would only need a starter kit the only thing is you would need to change your cure times x HTH xx

Latest posts

Back