Gelish Structure, nail 'falling off'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenfleur

Reaction score
I've just had a text from a client saying that a nail had fallen off.
I used gelish structure gel for the first time, I had told the client I hadn't had the training in it and only had knowledge from my own reading on here and you tube videos, the client wanted me to apply and said she would accept and responsibility.
Has anyone had any experience with gelish structure falling off- although I'm still thinking that nails don't just fall off! I don't charge clients as I haven't been doing nails for long, although I have now done over 50 sets, this is the first time this has happened. can anyone offer me any advice.
Many thanks.

Hi there. I can only give you advice on my experience with Brisa Lite smoothing gel. When it first came out my first few attempts were disappointing. As I wasn't having the same success that fellow geeks were having. A couple of nails were lifting and then popping off. I knew it was something I was doing wrong as so many fab reviews couldn't be wrong. Admittedly I haven't done the training for Brisa lite just the regular hard gel Brisa. So watched and watched again and I determined my prep still wasn't as thorough as it could of been and quite possibly I was using it too thick. Since these tweeks I've had better success and have managed to keep the lite gel on three weeks.
So I guess what I'm saying is take a step back, look at your prepping proceedure and Harmonys protocols for using this gel. Obviously training would help and hopefully give you confidence in your abilities. After all you shouldn't be doing so many sets for free. Clients don't tend to look after something they haven't paid for. If you know in your heart you're doing everything you should be there's no reason not to charge. Good luck W x

I've just had a text from a client saying that a nail had fallen off.
I used gelish structure gel for the first time, I had told the client I hadn't had the training in it and only had knowledge from my own reading on here and you tube videos, the client wanted me to apply and said she would accept and responsibility.
Has anyone had any experience with gelish structure falling off- although I'm still thinking that nails don't just fall off! I don't charge clients as I haven't been doing nails for long, although I have now done over 50 sets, this is the first time this has happened. can anyone offer me any advice.
Many thanks.

Why tell the client you are not confident and untrained ? This then installs a lack of confidence in the client and she will just look for problems.

Sorry to be pedantic first thing on a Sunday morning too, but her 'nail' has not fallen off ! Some product has peeled off her nail ;)

Can you tell us what you did when applying then we can help.

When I use Structure Gel, I do my prep,
apply Foundation Gel and cure 60 seconds
Dry brush
Apply Structure Gel in a nice thin layer cure 2 mins
Dry brush
Colour coat cure 2 mins
Colour coat cure 2 mins
Top it Off cure 2 minutes
Gel Cleanse

All layers are capped.

Wendywoo, thankyou for your reply, I'm glad you've had more success now in your brisk lite smoothing gel. Clients have been giving me a donation towards time and products and I am thinking that the time is coming up to stRt charging for a gelish manicure.
Izzidoll, thankyou for your reply. I'm confident in my gelish application, it was for the structure gel that I wasn't confident, the client asked about something that would protect her nails from breaking, I explained about structure but that I hadnt had the training, and it went from there. I prepped the nail in the way I always have, which is the method you described. The client says all her other nails are perfect. I have further been told that the free edge of the nail felt 'rough' last night.

Wendywoo, thankyou for your reply, I'm glad you've had more success now in your brisk lite smoothing gel. Clients have been giving me a donation towards time and products and I am thinking that the time is coming up to stRt charging for a gelish manicure.
Izzidoll, thankyou for your reply. I'm confident in my gelish application, it was for the structure gel that I wasn't confident, the client asked about something that would protect her nails from breaking, I explained about structure but that I hadnt had the training, and it went from there. I prepped the nail in the way I always have, which is the method you described. The client says all her other nails are perfect. I have further been told that the free edge of the nail felt 'rough' last night.

Honestly I wouldn't worry about it, structure gel is great, but if it isn't capped. Properly or it's applied too thick then it can come off all in one piece !
It is the ideal product in the Gelish system to add more strength if a client has weak nails, but I don't think you need extra training to use it...honest :wink2:

Persevere, keep it in a thin layer, if necessary do 2 thin layers rather than a thick one.
I find Gelish soaks off easier when Structure is used as it just curls up off the nail after soaking, so it is well worth keeping going using it.
Just be confident and don't give your clients any reason to doubt you lol :hug:

Thanks Izzydoll, I've just been to my mums to put some on her, I kept the structure gel nice and thin, and made sure I capped off completely, so will see what happens! It was a nice treat for her as she wasn't expecting her nails done again so soon! Can I ask you a question? She has a dent in her nail, which grows out and returns (I think this is due to damage to the nail matrix a few years back as as soon as it grows our another one reappears!) could the structure gel be used to smooth this out? The dent is a bit less prominent, but it's still there.

Latest posts

Back