Gellish or Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here are my steps.... i use a cuticle cream to soften the cuticle... soak push back the cuticles... file....clean with freescrub .. base coat.. polish and top coat.... i am at a lost here... i saw some use the oil daily... what does that do?

I asked ...
Have you taken a class with either product? For sure you are doing something wrong. How can we answer that questiion?

i am sorry... i didnt answer that cause i figured if you didnt take the classes.... you wouldn now know what you were doing anyway.. so YES i did take classes with both manufacturers .. so how can you answer that question?

i am sorry... i didnt answer that cause i figured if you didnt take the classes.... you wouldn now know what you were doing anyway.. so YES i did take classes with both manufacturers .. so how can you answer that question?

I'd say you didn't get it?

With Shellac you don't remove cuticle with cuticle cream. You don't soak. ... you do a dry pep. You don't use Free scrub. What you do is use everything in the Shellac system because systems WORK!

I'd say you didn't get it?

With Shellac you don't remove cuticle with cuticle cream. You don't soak. ... you do a dry pep. You don't use Free scrub. What you do is use everything in the Shellac system because systems WORK!

Certainly very true geeg. My poor nail tech did 6 sets of Shellac yesterday and four today! The ladies cannot get enough and we have loads booked in. Definitely dry prep!

i guess ty for the info... My class educator said it could be done either way. sorry to have bothered you.... I am a hair stylist and as a 30 year cosmetologist .. its hard to go back to doing nails... but fun to some extent...... sorry if i offended you..

I use both but I find gelish isn't as simple to remove! I do however, like the colour choice of gelish so I tend to use shellac base and top coat and some of gelish colours which works very well indeed! I do use shellac most of the time unless there's a colour that isn't available in shellac!

I use both but I find gelish isn't as simple to remove! I do however, like the colour choice of gelish so I tend to use shellac base and top coat and some of gelish colours which works very well indeed! I do use shellac most of the time unless there's a colour that isn't available in shellac!
I hope that you are informing your clients that you are not using them as a complete system. And charging them accordingly also.
Both Shellac and gelish have been created to be used as a whole system not for anyone to cherry pick top, base and colour and mix and match.
People who mess about with systems are some of the things that give this industry a bad name. Not professional.
I suggest you take a look at the below thread.
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/134193-why-there-so-many-messers-around.html
Also the risks that you are exposing your clients too are not even worth it. You may think it works but are you a scientist? Do you know whether the chemicals are actually compatable and that there is no chance of long term damage going to be caused to your clients by using these systems in this way. Not using a system invalidates your insurance as well.
Either offer one or the other or not at all.
Shellac has 100+ colour possibilities when you layer them. and when you add in effects from the cnd polish range then you are talking sky is the limit.
Im sorry but reading post's like yours really upsets the people who use systems and do things right, because systems work and are also honest for your clients.
Jen

Last edited:
what to use if I want to build the nail and then apply gelish? Is structure gelish o.k. for building nails or not strong enough what soak off to combine ?

Latest posts

Back