Gels not staying on

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeordieLass

Reaction score
I have been practicing my gels and every time within anything between 4 hours and 24 eirther one or all of them are just peeling away

I'm not currently using a expensive brand but u am using a local wholesalers brand (milleniume nails in team vally)

I am prepping the nail as thoroughly as I can
Then putting primer on (same one I use for my acrylics) then a thin base
2 thin coats of colour then a top coat

My lamp is a led so only thing I can think is that the gel is made for uv but why would they of sold me a kit with products that don't bond well together?

Hi hun, from past experience when I did my training we used millennium, and unfortunately it just doesn't seem to be a great product.
I currently use nsi balance gels, and I know everyone has different opinions but for me nsi is brilliant.
If you were to go down this route I would maybe get in touch with nsi and look into maybe buying a sample kit of the products and then doing a conversion course?
Hope this helps you chick! xx

Thanks Hun I will give that a look into I have also thought about getting some stuff from hair north east am sure they have opi or cuccio brands i don't want to buy loads of stuff if I then find out I don't have confidence to do them I only been practicing on myself and my mam and did my friends 'twinkle toes' the other day but my mams within like 8 hours her thumb came off :(

I have been practicing my gels and every time within anything between 4 hours and 24 eirther one or all of them are just peeling away

I'm not currently using a expensive brand but u am using a local wholesalers brand (milleniume nails in team vally)

I am prepping the nail as thoroughly as I can
Then putting primer on (same one I use for my acrylics) then a thin base
2 thin coats of colour then a top coat

My lamp is a led so only thing I can think is that the gel is made for uv but why would they of sold me a kit with products that don't bond well together?

Hi- I had this issue with gels before as well-

I know it sounds silly but are you removing the shine thoroughly as gel will only stick to a very matte surface or on top of other gel then remove tissue from the nail bed thoroughly etc.

Also make sure your tip isn't too far down the natural nail, make sure your product is applied thickly enough with proper apex placement at the stress point as if it's too thin it can break or if it's too thin combined with poor prep or application it can pop the whole nail off

and try not to get any gel on the cuticle as that causes lifting (although it shouldn't cause them to pop off whole)

Good luck

Sounds like you need to go back to your trainer. Who did you train with?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I trained with Saks just in a salon from a good friend I enjoyed acrylics more but been told I need to do more practice on gels

I haven't done any with tips just on the natural nail

Latest posts

Back