General rant - CND on Amazon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salzgirlie

Reaction score
Hey Geeks,

I have worked hard for nearly 2 years now and spent thousands getting qualified by the right people in the right treatments that will allow me to use the best products which in turn will bring the clients wanting the best into my business.

I then realise tonight that any old random can just buy the same products. CND Additives are on Amazon for pretty much the same as what you can buy them from at S2. This brings out rage in me! The unqualifieds are probably making a lot more than me too as they do not have the overheads!

Does this grab anyone's goat or am I completely overrating??

Carly

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya!!
I totally agree it infuriates me! I know for a fact that the stuff by CND on amazon is fake though. A friend of mine bought some Shellac Colours, Additives and a Scrubfresh from amazon and compared it to mines, which I get from S2 and they were clearly fakes!
The printing on the bottles was slightly different and the brushes were larger and thicker.
Also the colours were ever so slightly different though Masquerade of the fake stuff was Purple Plum colour! Like fedora and rock royalty mixed, really weird!
Also the scrubfresh bottle was different and the actual liquid had a different smell.
It infuriates me that people buy tees thinking they are genuine CND products!
Puts me down a bit as I had a woman in the salon the other day that said it's disgraceful as I was using amazon products, which I wasn't! She said I should be buying professional products and after I explained what is going on and I was in fact using genuine CND Products and not cheap rubbish made out to be the real deal to her she was apologetic and shocked! But still!!
URG I could rant about this all day haha
Xxxxx

I'm the same! There are people offering nails for little or nothing and I just wonder how they could possibly be making a living from it!? Doesn't help that boots/Argos offer gel/gel polish "home kits" it's ridiculous.... Although I had a girl who came to me for gel polish and her nails were still in bits from a home kit she got on eBay a year ago! (At least she learned though to stop and come to a professional) ...rant over lol

Hiya!!
I totally agree it infuriates me! I know for a fact that the stuff by CND on amazon is fake though. A friend of mine bought some Shellac Colours, Additives and a Scrubfresh from amazon and compared it to mines, which I get from S2 and they were clearly fakes!
The printing on the bottles was slightly different and the brushes were larger and thicker.
Also the colours were ever so slightly different though Masquerade of the fake stuff was Purple Plum colour! Like fedora and rock royalty mixed, really weird!
Also the scrubfresh bottle was different and the actual liquid had a different smell.
It infuriates me that people buy tees thinking they are genuine CND products!
Puts me down a bit as I had a woman in the salon the other day that said it's disgraceful as I was using amazon products, which I wasn't! She said I should be buying professional products and after I explained what is going on and I was in fact using genuine CND Products and not cheap rubbish made out to be the real deal to her she was apologetic and shocked! But still!!
URG I could rant about this all day haha
Xxxxx

Can't believe she assumed you were using cheap/fake stuff!! The cheek! Did she believe you when you explained??

I know people charging the same as me that have no qualifications (therefore no insurance) and using ebay products and have learnt through you tube. Also had the experience of HD brows for a tenner so I went along!! I nearly cried when I saw them and went home to finish the job. You pay cheap you certainly get cheap!!

I will stick to what I know and keep doing what I am doing knowing that morally I am in the right.

How rude of your client! Some people.

Carly xx

Can't believe she assumed you were using cheap/fake stuff!! The cheek! Did she believe you when you explained??

Yes she did believe me! I showed her my qualifications and certificates an told her that without these you shouldn't be able to buy CND Shellac without these. So at least that is one more member of the public that is educate in the matter!! Xxxx

Ladies, I know this is no help to you in the short term, however, hang in there.

Everyday these "pop up" Nail Technicians with no formal qualifications who just want to "have a go" thinking they can do it like you pros, are slowly dwindling out,

We get clients in all the time with the same old....some girl did them last and messed them up.... You only have to look on Facebook in the hair and beauty for sale sites and see them all selling off their complete Nail kits, to know these "pop up" technicians can't do it to a pro standard, and are losing money by advertising their services at ridiculous prices. Clients will only use them once when they see the results!

Hang in there ladies, you will be the last ones standing. Keep your heads held high, keep producing fantastic Nails and you will see your clients increase x

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

A lot of the time clients come to you because of your skill. I look at pro products like they are made for us, obv to use on clients and share the love, but to help us do an amazing job and have amazing support. All industries have some form of DIY but people always go back to the professionals for a professional service. I wouldn't worry about it being on amazon, buying it it one thing, applying it is another. X

Is there no way for CND to block Amazon listing their products? I know Lush blocked them from selling their products and recently took them to court for using the search term "Lush" to advertise similar (but not Lush) products - and we won that case too! :)

Ditto to all the above! I only ever use CND bought in person, from the shop nr Leeds, and boy does it grate when you see products such as Blue Sky used under the heading of CND Shellac! I know this to be a fact, as I went into an NSS that was advertising CND Shellac and asked what colours they had. He never even flinched when, after he showed me a bottle of BS, I asked if it was Shellac and he said YES! Argh :irked: Still chin up etc. ;)

Rise above it and just welcome with open arms the clients you will get once they have tried the cheap/fake products and find they cannot replicate the quality that professionals produce.

I know people charging the same as me that have no qualifications (therefore no insurance) and using ebay products and have learnt through you tube. Also had the experience of HD brows for a tenner so I went along!! I nearly cried when I saw them and went home to finish the job. You pay cheap you certainly get cheap!!

I will stick to what I know and keep doing what I am doing knowing that morally I am in the right.

How rude of your client! Some people.

Carly xx

Oh the hd brow thing annoys me so much I too have tested that out I wonder if it was the same person Carly??. I get very angry when I see the ad, I've spent a fortune in product and training, for people watching YouTube to train. It's a small fortune to train, set up and invest in good products. Grrr ok rant over lol

Oh the hd brow thing annoys me so much I too have tested that out I wonder if it was the same person Carly??. I get very angry when I see the ad, I've spent a fortune in product and training, for people watching YouTube to train. It's a small fortune to train, set up and invest in good products. Grrr ok rant over lol

NO WAY!!! Could be possible! I live in Yeadon! lol xx

Hey Geeks,

I have worked hard for nearly 2 years now and spent thousands getting qualified by the right people in the right treatments that will allow me to use the best products which in turn will bring the clients wanting the best into my business.

I then realise tonight that any old random can just buy the same products. CND Additives are on Amazon for pretty much the same as what you can buy them from at S2. This brings out rage in me! The unqualifieds are probably making a lot more than me too as they do not have the overheads!

Does this grab anyone's goat or am I completely overrating??

Carly
I too am upset by amazon being able to sell something that I thought was protected, however I will continue to purchase from cnd direct, you wonder if they are fakes, how much other stuff they sell are not legitimate! I wonder if s2 can do anything?

Latest posts

Back