Getting new clients.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willmarsh

Reaction score
Hi guys, love this site. Can anyone give me any advice about the best way to get new clients? I am a BS Nail tech and have a few lovely practice clients who have stayed with me, but need more. I have 2 young kids and work from home in my nail room which is great. I have lovely business cards and have hired a table at a local Pamper Evening coming up soon. I know word of mouth is best but would appreciate it if you could tell me how long it has taken some of you to really get going! Love Ali

hi , i have found that getting clients is hard, but word of mouth is the best , but i did also place free ads on places like gumtree and facebook, start apage and eventually you should see it work , also customers like to think they are getting something for nothing so maybe offer adiscount if they introduce afriend or loyalty cards, or like 2-4-1 treatments or maybe just some money off

hope this helps
cheryl:lol:

Some things that have worked for me:

• Facebook (tag photos of your work so that the friends of the clients see them)
  • Flyers distributed
  • Business cards left everywhere (including bank machines)
  • Referral program (offer an incentive to existing clients that for every 5 referrals that book, they get a freebie service of XX$)
  • Solicit business from hairdresser/waitress/bank teller/retail store sale's clerk as they work in the public and could pass out TONNES of referrals
  • Post up flyers with images of your work and a promotion with tear-off numbers at stores etc

hth's

i've so far found facebook status, my website/google advertising and business cards/word of mouth to be the ones that work, but it is tough getting new clients!:lol:

WHOOPS forgot to mention a new method that works GREAT for me.

My new cards.

They aren't 'typical' cards with stock images or just a logo.
I did one hand with 5 different syled nails & nail art (for one side of the card), and one hand with a French with a bit of shimmer in it (for the other).

This style of business card, showcasing my work and clearly indicating I'm not a standard tech and far different from the local NSS has brought a lot of business my way.

I got 6000 (six thousand) cards printed locally for only 200$ (WAAAAY better deal than Vista print. 2000 of one sided cards are 60$, do the math). Both sides, colour images (with logo and details over/around the images). They are not the 'thickest', fanciest, nor do they have embossed print BUT they are attention grabbing. And that's what we want, to get people' attention.

hth's

You need to check out Lynne Baker's thread on networking and promoting your business. It sounds very advanced from the title, but it's just full of down to earth, tried and tested ways of getting more business. Try two things, and give them an honest go. If they don't work, try two more.

You need to check out Lynne Baker's thread on networking and promoting your business. It sounds very advanced from the title, but it's just full of down to earth, tried and tested ways of getting more business. Try two things, and give them an honest go. If they don't work, try two more.

Do you have a link for this thread?

Facebook and word of mouth have been fab for me.

I get about 3 new clients every week through Facebook whether it be for a tan or nails - they are always friends of someone who I've worked on before but they generally add me thru Facebook to book.

I do use it A LOT though, updating pictures and statuses regularly so that people know I'm around.

...However, I don't think it's just about how good your work is or how well you advertise when you first start out.. i'm mobile and I think it helps that i'm VERY flexible, willing to work unsociable hours and last minute - a lot of my clients pass this info onto their friends who have forgotten to book their weekend tan on a Friday afternoon, they say to try me as I'll always squeeze them in! I think i've built myself a good reputation rather than a girl I at one point thought was competition who cancelled at the last minute to 2 seperate girls because her car was in for it's MOT and she hadn't realised.. 2 MOT's on the same car in less than 2 months... hmmm, strange.. then she updated her status on Facebook saying what a lovely time she'd had with her friend who was staying for the week!!!

Anyhow, i've gone off on one here... but, you get my drift... build up a good reputation and people will come to you.

Finally, special offers of 2 people get a tan at the same time, 10% off etc... :)

WHOOPS forgot to mention a new method that works GREAT for me.

My new cards.

They aren't 'typical' cards with stock images or just a logo.
I did one hand with 5 different syled nails & nail art (for one side of the card), and one hand with a French with a bit of shimmer in it (for the other).

This style of business card, showcasing my work and clearly indicating I'm not a standard tech and far different from the local NSS has brought a lot of business my way.

I got 6000 (six thousand) cards printed locally for only 200$ (WAAAAY better deal than Vista print. 2000 of one sided cards are 60$, do the math). Both sides, colour images (with logo and details over/around the images). They are not the 'thickest', fanciest, nor do they have embossed print BUT they are attention grabbing. And that's what we want, to get people' attention.

hth's

That's a great idea - I agree so much better than the bog standard card.:)

Latest posts

Back