Getting that gut feeling!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Titch16

Reaction score
Did my first tan today who wasn't a friend or mutual friend etc, she found me on Facebook. As soon as I met her from the way she talked about a precious tan she had (complaining about it all) I had a gut feeling I would be hearing from her again but not in a good way!
So I text this evening to see how the tan looked & she said her arms are patchy but she would shower again tomorrow & see how it looks. I said if it's the same I will go back round to which she replied I'm sure it will sort it self out???!!!
What would you do? Also do you text clients after tan to see if they like it etc? I'm pretty new so just wanting feedback but just wondering if she would of contacted me if I hadn't of contacted her :)

Did my first tan today who wasn't a friend or mutual friend etc, she found me on Facebook. As soon as I met her from the way she talked about a precious tan she had (complaining about it all) I had a gut feeling I would be hearing from her again but not in a good way!
So I text this evening to see how the tan looked & she said her arms are patchy but she would shower again tomorrow & see how it looks. I said if it's the same I will go back round to which she replied I'm sure it will sort it self out???!!!
What would you do? Also do you text clients after tan to see if they like it etc? I'm pretty new so just wanting feedback but just wondering if she would of contacted me if I hadn't of contacted her :)
I probably did used to text clients, I don't anymore as 1, I don't have the time to and 2, it leaves it open for them to moan.. ask them to give you honest feedback before they leave, if they don't, leave it at that - doing it this way is like you're expecting it to be wrong :)

I never text or contact any clients after their treatment whatever it is. If they were happy when they left me and all pre care advice has been signed for to say they have done it, then I think there is no need, and yes, as mentioned, leaves you wide open to complaint.

If they genuinely have a problem they will contact you, and I always insist on seeing the client before offering to do anything at all to assess. In fact, it has only happened to me on two occasions (with Dashing Diva nails - nightmare and have taken them off my service list) and both times I've said, smiling of course, "what have you done?". This leaves the ball in their court as generally its nothing you have done, but their fault. This way, they expect to pay for a re-do.

Hth's xx

Well hopefully she won't contact me tomorrow but if she does I will insist on going round the same day to see what's happened. Least I know for next time thank you geeks :)

This is interesting because I always get in contact with the client after there shower lol... And I hate that I do it... I like to know that they like it, which the majority of people do but, like a previous poster mentioned... It kinda makes it sound like were not confident???!! And expect it to go wrong :(

Also, your leaving your self open for moaners.... Hmmm maybe I will stop 'checking' lol.

I never text or contact any clients after their treatment whatever it is. If they were happy when they left me and all pre care advice has been signed for to say they have done it, then I think there is no need, and yes, as mentioned, leaves you wide open to complaint.

If they genuinely have a problem they will contact you, and I always insist on seeing the client before offering to do anything at all to assess. In fact, it has only happened to me on two occasions (with Dashing Diva nails - nightmare and have taken them off my service list) and both times I've said, smiling of course, "what have you done?". This leaves the ball in their court as generally its nothing you have done, but their fault. This way, they expect to pay for a re-do.

Hth's xx

Ditto....I never contact them. I have a full length mirror for them to check themselves before they leave. Once they're out the door, if they have a genuine issue, they'll contact you. Otherwise they'll find fault with every little thing that would not bother to contact you about unless you ask first.

I had a lady today who said after the last tan she wore boots and ended up with white boot marks....she knew it was her fault and used a bit of self tan to fix it....otherwise you end up correcting their mistakes and they don't learn that they need to take responsibility for messing up your work....they'll think that you must have done something wrong if you are asking them about it....just be confident that you have given them a quality service and they will keep coming back. :)

I have been spraying for 2 weeks now

All my clients have been new, so i have texted them all the following day to check all has been ok & that there happy. I also make them check & say there happy with it b4 i leave. I have done this mainly for feedback as well

When i tan someone for the 2nd time i wont bother asking them though just the new clients

I never heard from her after saying I would go round?! I like the fact I can get feedback but I do feel as if it makes me look like I don't know what I'm doing. Will get people to check the colour all over before I leave, thank you :)

I think you should text them the following day. It shows good customer service. If you have advised your client before spraying them about the do's and don'ts then there shouldn't be a problem. Always make sure when they book their appointment you've told them about loose clothing and preferably flip flops to wear afterwards - defo no boots. If you see them putting them on after you've sprayed them then point it out that they will get a rub mark - same with socks or any other piece of tight clothing. They will not blame you afterwards. By contacting them the day after you are checking that the colour is right for them - not too dark, not too light. If you have gone too dark and made them orange, they will not return. If you've made them a little on the light side that's not a problem, you can rectify and they will come back. Believe it or not it will help with your confidence especially when first starting out. Yes there are complainers out there, but the majority of people actually don't like complaining. Good before and after care advice is vital and if you give it clearly and purposefully they wont try and blame you.

Liz

Latest posts

Back