GHG Dry Armor (No Cleanse Sealer)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lacytree

Reaction score
Can I ask if anyone uses Dry armor after Reveal? I wonder if I should just stop at the clear gel stage. I think it's making enhancements a little dull. Any thought?

Thanks ;)

I use it all the time and haven't noticed it going dull? Using the clear gel as a top layer would defo make it dull...

How long are you curing for? And in what lamp?

Although you could of course use the clear gel as top and then buff to a high shine:)

I cure Armour for 45sec in the Harmony mini lamp. Mmm maybe I'm doing something else wrong. Do you cleans before applying it. I don't.

And thanks for replying x

Usually I finish file and buff before applying it so yes, there's no sticky layer underneath... Try that? Are you finish filing, clear gel, cure, dry armour, cure? If so there is no need for the clear gel step.

Also try to cure it 2x, I was told it was best to cure it for 3 min in a UV light so that would come more than 45 sec in the mini lamp:)

I've found it needs a little more curing than it suggests or it just doesnt maintain its shine. I cure for a minute in the LED. I know its not very scientific but i would rather over cure than undercure :( HTH xxxx

I've found it needs a little more curing than it suggests or it just doesnt maintain its shine. I cure for a minute in the LED. I know its not very scientific but i would rather over cure than undercure :( HTH xxxx

You have an LED with a 1 minute setting? Or are you hitting the button twice?

Also, while talking about GHG Dry Armor, does anyone else think it smells really strong?

Haha yeah it smells almost like acrylic!! I really don't mind though:p

You have an LED with a 1 minute setting? Or are you hitting the button twice?

Also, while talking about GHG Dry Armor, does anyone else think it smells really strong?

Yes, i hit it twice. I dont think i've noticed a strong smell though? I'll have an extra sniff next time! :)

Usually I finish file and buff before applying it so yes, there's no sticky layer underneath... Try that? Are you finish filing, clear gel, cure, dry armour, cure? If so there is no need for the clear gel step.

Also try to cure it 2x, I was told it was best to cure it for 3 min in a UV light so that would come more than 45 sec in the mini lamp:)

Yes I am! I file, cleanse, clear gel, cure then dry armour. So I should skip the clear?
I'll try curing twice. That makes sense. Oh and yes. It smells like acrylic too lol.

Thanks all for replying.

Yes I am! I file, cleanse, clear gel, cure then dry armour. So I should skip the clear?
I'll try curing twice. That makes sense. Oh and yes. It smells like acrylic too lol.

Thanks all for replying.

Yes skip the clear gel, there is no use for it if you use dry armor. I haven't checked the instructions on the bottle yet but if it says apply after finish filing your clear gel might be the cause of the dullness:)

Yes skip the clear gel, there is no use for it if you use dry armor. I haven't checked the instructions on the bottle yet but if it says apply after finish filing your clear gel might be the cause of the dullness:)

Great thank you so much. I feel like such a fool!:o

http://www.nailharmony.com/support/video-gallery.html?view=kmgvideogallery&id=9

I've been using this to keep me right. Just remembered. I do exactly as it says in each technique. Must be the curing time. I really appriatiate the feedback. I'll try it without the clear gel. Thanks again.

Last edited:
I never noticed they didn't cleanse before the Dry Armor in this video!:lick:

You could try either way and up the curing time and see how it goes:)

Thank you so much. I'll give it a try. ;)

I was told it was best to cure it for 3 min in a UV light so that would come more than 45 sec in the mini lamp.
[FONT=&#23435]
g.gif
[/FONT]​
Thank you. Yip I think you could be right. I'll give it a go. ;)

Thanks for help folks. I tried missing out the clear gel and went straight to dry armour curing it twice in the mini lamp and......it was perfect! Thank you so much. x

Latest posts

Back