Glaze and go over nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samroberts00

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Has anyone ever used glaze and go over normal nail polish and if so what was the outcome. Please help x

I did and on natural nails it just cracked... but for nail enchancements ILOVE IT XXX

I've used in once on polished enhancements and it seemed ok but on natural nails it cracks. I use airshield over normal polish, it dries in 3 minutes so not much longer than glaze n go.

Yes I tried it and it cracked in a day! X

Agree with..... it cracks!!

Sorry to butt in on this thread but just wanted to ask sometimes when I use Glaze and Go over gel it cracks, what am I doing wrong?!

Are you buffing the gel first? You need to finish the nail with a 180 grit file, no finer than that otherwise the surface is too shiny.

One of the new soak of gel polish top coats would be better over natural nails as they soak off. I know Young Nails is ok over polish but if you are into Nsi I'm sure they would be more than happy to advise you if you rang them xx

Sorry to butt in on this thread but just wanted to ask sometimes when I use Glaze and Go over gel it cracks, what am I doing wrong?!

I would say it's a combo of maybe not having a good roughed up surface (as already said, a 180 grit needs to be used first) and you applied it too thin.

This happened to me once when I first started using it, I applied it thin and I really bent the brush while applying and I basically wiped it all of again on every stroke, it cracked the next day.
When applying make sure you sort of float the brush down for each stroke and keep the brush held flat, not up on a 45 degree angle.

But just apply a bit thicker and think all your problems will be over:)

Latest posts

Back