Glaze n go cracked the polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelly190

Reaction score
Hi, I did a gel overlay and then I put a bottom coat then the 2 layer of nail polish by orly and then a glaze n go top coat on waking this morning 5 of the painted nails had chipped and cracked. Why was this its never happened before?

Any advise welcome on this as I dnt want it happening to clients and them not coming back to me.

I was told by NSI not to use glaze and go over polish as it would crack and look like crocodile skin. Obviously not a product for going over polish (I thought it would be good to stop my polish from being ruined every time I used acetone, hence the reason I asked the question, although I was going to try this myself just out of curiosity I don't think I will bother now, just need to train myself how to hold my nail wipes so it doesn't ruin my polish. Would love to know if there are any other products that may seal your polish in??? x

Star Nails have something called Quattro that will over go over polish

Hi, I did a gel overlay and then I put a bottom coat then the 2 layer of nail polish by orly and then a glaze n go top coat on waking this morning 5 of the painted nails had chipped and cracked. Why was this its never happened before?

Any advise welcome on this as I dnt want it happening to clients and them not coming back to me.
please do a search on here for glaze n go as there is so many threads talking about the same thing.so im sure you will find alot of answers you are looking for.
nsi do a product called thermoshield it is for use over polish.i have never tried it so i dont know if it works but if i remember right i think its cheaper than quattro :)

Hi!! Glaze in go should not be used at all on top of polish... For on top of polish (but only on extensions) you can use NSI Airshield, this is amazing and is air activated and it dries in 3 minutes and it is rock solid with a high shine for 2 weeks... x

Can I just ask with the Airshield will that melt with acetone use or does it protect your polish??

If you've got a gel overlay, why not use a gel colour on top (if you have gel colours) and then Glaze n Go, perfect. I'm now into Gelish (for natural nails but have done over my enhancements too) absolutely brilliant stuff doesn't move until you want it to. x

Thanks guys, ive actually got the airshield god knows why i went on thinkin i could use glaze n go im sure where i was working they used it over polish, im gna buy some gel coours i think,

Latest posts

Back