Glitter powders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailfairy

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
Got a question about glitter powders, thought they would be quite popular with xmas coming up, ive heard the boogie nights powders are very glittery and come in all colours. Question.. Do CND do similar powders?? Im going on their conversion on Sunday.
If not i was thinking i could use retention p/w for regular clients and ez flow if they fancy something abit different.

also are the glitter powders as easy to use as conventional powders?

Can't comment with much authority as I haven't used glitter powders much, but I found it quite hard to get an even coat of glitter, as it were. It seems to go on quite patchy, but then I'm not very experienced so I guess if you're much better at manipulating the l&p already then you'd get a better finish with glitter ones. I used the ONS bubblicious powders (fab colours but as I said, I can't manage them!) and also making my own by mixing fine glitter dust in a ratio of 1 part glitter to 2 parts pink powder. The 'homemade' went on just the same as the 'proper' powder but like I said, I couldn't get the effect to be even, so I'd advise practise! They look fab if done right though.
For now I think I'll just stick with adding glitter afterwards with polish!
Lol x

nailfairy said:
Hi geeks,
Got a question about glitter powders, thought they would be quite popular with xmas coming up, ive heard the boogie nights powders are very glittery and come in all colours. Question.. Do CND do similar powders?? Im going on their conversion on Sunday.
If not i was thinking i could use retention p/w for regular clients and ez flow if they fancy something abit different.

also are the glitter powders as easy to use as conventional powders?

if you can work with normal pink and white then you can work with glitter acrylic- just remember to have fun and enjoy it :)

you can use ezflow boogie nites powders with retention plus as you can use any traditional monomer with them but you will as always with any powder get best results if you use the recommended monomer, in both boogie nites kits (walk of fame or dare to be dazzling) you get a small bottle of q monomer so you can use this if you are worried abt mixing products
when i first used ezflow i used the colour and glitter powders with r+ and then soon went onto ezflow q monomer as well as their normal pink and white etc...
there have been any posts abt glitter powders in the past im sure if you do a search on glitter or coloured powders/acrylic lots of posts treads will come up

Jess
xox

I find the glitter powders easier to apply than 'normal' powders, not sure why?

I will hopefully be adding some to the web site within the next week, along with coloured powders, metallic and fluorescent for enhancements or 3d nail art. (bit of a plug :o I don't usually, but i am excited about these! :biggrin: )

hi

I have both of the ezflow kits and they are absolutely Gorgeous! :Love: Full of glitter it dosnet go patchy at all.
The only thing you have to remember if you use the q monomer rather than ret+ you will need the bonder and primer too.
I also have all the creative colour powders! :Love:
We have been doing classic pink and white with a subtle glitter strip across the smile line, found its a good way to introduce clients to glitter. :wink2:

Hi, i too love the EZ flow powders, all the colours and glitters. I have to say i find it easier to apply glitter than the colours or white, but the more i do it the easier that gets too.

I think the reason the glitter is easier to work with is because it seems to take longer to set, so you have a longer time to get that great smile you want. But i have to say that EZ Flow is easy to work with anyway.

I am seriously hooked on it and can't wait to get all the colours and glitters.:Love:

bimbogeriIt seems to go on quite patchy said:
Hi Bimbogeri

What I tend to do before I take a bead from my mix is give my pot a little shake and this seems to stop the patching you are talking about.

Adele;)

Latest posts

Back