Glitter tattoos/childrens parties!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right I am about to place my order in the best day or so, I've seen on this thread that the glitter tattoos can be popular with boys as well. I'm just wondering whether to get the party pack with 90 girls & 90 boys stencils or whether to get all girls (180 stencils) and then buy a smaller pack of boys? I just can't see it being AS popular with boys as girls? Can anyone tell me if you think it's worth getting the 50/50 set? Thanks

Right I am about to place my order in the best day or so, I've seen on this thread that the glitter tattoos can be popular with boys as well. I'm just wondering whether to get the party pack with 90 girls & 90 boys stencils or whether to get all girls (180 stencils) and then buy a smaller pack of boys? I just can't see it being AS popular with boys as girls? Can anyone tell me if you think it's worth getting the 50/50 set? Thanks

I found that it was equally as popular with boys and girls. The only difference I found was that boys over age of about 9yrs were too cool for them where as girls will have them even in their teens. I got 50/50 split and have used slightly more girls. I found alot of boys had the smaller designs (I charge £2 for large tattoo or 4 small tattoos, £1 for 1 small tattoo). HTH

I found that it was equally as popular with boys and girls. The only difference I found was that boys over age of about 9yrs were too cool for them where as girls will have them even in their teens. I got 50/50 split and have used slightly more girls. I found alot of boys had the smaller designs (I charge £2 for large tattoo or 4 small tattoos, £1 for 1 small tattoo). HTH

It does, thank you very much for your reply x

i was surprised at how many girls wanted the boys tattoos but in girly colours so i would definitely get a mix xx

i was surprised at how many girls wanted the boys tattoos but in girly colours so i would definitely get a mix xx

Oh, that's interesting - I would have never thought of that, thanks x

lots of the very younger girls had pink or purple dinosaurs and stuff.....at the end of the day its glitter and people will go for whatever you have left. yes when i had lots to choose from the popular ones went first but when you do 100 or so tattoos at a fair by the end its just whats left!!

I've got another question! Sorry guys...

I've been researching on local-ish websites, been on face painting & glitter tattoo forums and still can't work out how much I should be charging for these things! It would make sense to start with how much each tattoo will cost me, but I'm really struggling to work out this cost.

I'm thinking at pay per tattoo events - I will charge a couple of pound. My main concern is what I would charge for a party booking? My head is spinning with thinking what to charge for how many hours, how many kids, then adding on extra for travelling. Don't want to put people off with a high price but don't want to undersell myself.

On a separate note, I'm really struggling with pulling the stencil off without the edges of the tattoo coming up aswell. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Want to get it perfect before charging people.

Any advice will, as always, be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

party booking- are you just going to do tattoos or other treatments as well?if just tattoos then you should know what your hourly rate is then a bit extra for product and travel. to work out per tattoo divide the kit cost by how many tattoos you can get out that kit then add for consumables and tiny bit for your time??

as for the trouble you are having, are you applying the glue too thick and so its seeping under?

party booking- are you just going to do tattoos or other treatments as well?if just tattoos then you should know what your hourly rate is then a bit extra for product and travel. to work out per tattoo divide the kit cost by how many tattoos you can get out that kit then add for consumables and tiny bit for your time??

as for the trouble you are having, are you applying the glue too thick and so its seeping under?

Thanks, I'm not sure how far each pot of glitter will go which is why I'm struggling to work it all out, guess this is something I'm just goin to have to estimate for now? At the kids parties it will just be glitter tattoos, nothing else. It's the hourly rate that is confusing me, don't know where to start. I was thinking I need to work out how many tattoos I can do in an hour and then times that by my pay per tattoo amount for (example £2). So say if I could do 12 in an hour (remember I'm just starting!!) that would be 12 x 2 = £24. So that would be my hourly rate? Then I add extra for travelling? It sounds obvious when I'm typing it out but when I come to confirming it all and looking at it on paper I just get so muddled!

Re the amount of glue, I thought maybe I was using too much so used less and it still did it. Maybe I should use EVEN less! I'll try it out tomorrow, ha ha my daughter is covered in glitter tattoos! I found they looked a bit better if I removed the stencil before applying the glitter but its very hard to see the design this way.

hun, your hourly rate is what you want to earn in general

so say you wanted to earn £10 an hour take £10 then add product costs etc to that , this is for EVERY treatment you do, every business has to have an hourly rate that covers the cost of staff, products everything. if you had a shop your hourly rate would include rent, rates, gas electric and all staff etc so that you knew how much it was just to open up shop and turn the lights on. i hope that makes sense!

lets say im going to do a party for an hour - me personally i would charge around £50 and they could have as many tattoos as they wanted, i would probably remove my most popular glitter colours for this and prob only do small tattoos for it to be worth my while, i generally leave the larger tattoos for events where people pay per tattoo

each kit that you buy contains enough product to do however many tattoos is in the kit so like i said before divide cost of kit by how many tattoos are in kit, if there is any glitter or glue left out of the kit that is a bonus!

if you are applying glue thinly then maybe you are brushing glitter too hard and removing some of the glue in the process? just practise hun if you can....as my boys are older i couldnt practise much andjust through myself in to an event xx

hun, your hourly rate is what you want to earn in general

so say you wanted to earn £10 an hour take £10 then add product costs etc to that , this is for EVERY treatment you do, every business has to have an hourly rate that covers the cost of staff, products everything. if you had a shop your hourly rate would include rent, rates, gas electric and all staff etc so that you knew how much it was just to open up shop and turn the lights on. i hope that makes sense!

lets say im going to do a party for an hour - me personally i would charge around £50 and they could have as many tattoos as they wanted, i would probably remove my most popular glitter colours for this and prob only do small tattoos for it to be worth my while, i generally leave the larger tattoos for events where people pay per tattoo

each kit that you buy contains enough product to do however many tattoos is in the kit so like i said before divide cost of kit by how many tattoos are in kit, if there is any glitter or glue left out of the kit that is a bonus!

if you are applying glue thinly then maybe you are brushing glitter too hard and removing some of the glue in the process? just practise hun if you can....as my boys are older i couldnt practise much andjust through myself in to an event xx

I understand it all!! Lol, I must sound so dumb - you know when you think so much about something it all just gets confused and you end up making things so much more difficult - that's me all over!!

I will try again with the glue, I've just this minute done a couple on my sisters and they have come out quite well but I removed the stencil first again. Noticed on the cherries that there are a few bits of glitter stuck to the hairs on her back but think these may come off and neaten up a bit when she showers.

Thank you very much for all your advice :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1357423812.582172.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1357423812.582172.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 314
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1357423840.860628.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1357423840.860628.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 300
I got my first party booking :) excited!!

At the moment just on Facebook, my website and on netmums. The booking was from me mentioning it on a local Facebook selling site. I said I was doing an offer in feb/march and someone booked yay!! I'm now wondering how best to give my business card out to the parents of the kids at the party, to try and get more bookings! X

At the moment just on Facebook, my website and on netmums. The booking was from me mentioning it on a local Facebook selling site. I said I was doing an offer in feb/march and someone booked yay!! I'm now wondering how best to give my business card out to the parents of the kids at the party, to try and get more bookings! X

Aww we'll done Hun! Why not make up some goodie bag type things? Maybe just a few sweets then a price list & business card? Xx

Aww we'll done Hun! Why not make up some goodie bag type things? Maybe just a few sweets then a price list & business card? Xx

Hmm that's a good idea! Then it's not like I'm shoving business cards in their faces lol, not that I'd do that of course!!

Do you do the glitter tattoos? How do you find them? X

I haven't really started yet! I'm trying to get business up and running! Iv done my little sisters though quite a few times and think they are quite & quick to do! Xx

I haven't really started yet! I'm trying to get business up and running! Iv done my little sisters though quite a few times and think they are quite & quick to do! Xx

That's like me then with the tattoos, I've practised on people I know but not actually charged anyone yet. Hopefully this party will go well and I'll get some more bookings. Good luck with setting up your mobile business :) x

Hi, just thought I would ask how everyone is getting on with the glitter tattoo's. I have a the second of my summer fairs the first being a wash out but have high hopes for tomorrow's event.

i also put in a hint n tips how to get the tattoo to last longer or come of quicker if they are not allowed for school. no tats above the neck not on children under 3 years, i use surgical spirit to wipe the area. bare in mind when doing tattoo on the arm or leg if its hairy it hurts when peeling them off i usually peel off in the direction of the hair growth.
i have a long disclaimer basically saying i am not liable for any adverse reaction a child/adult may take to the glue/glitter etc etc etc if you send me you email i will email you my disclaimer that i use.xx

please could you send me this to [email protected] - thanks xx

Latest posts

Back