Glitter tattoos/childrens parties!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks souz, i will have a practice with the glitter and try not to touch the glue!
I got my surgical spirit from Boots too Geekling, I love the smell of it reminds me of when i had my ears pierced as a child!!

Thanks souz, i will have a practice with the glitter and try not to touch the glue!
I got my surgical spirit from Boots too Geekling, I love the smell of it reminds me of when i had my ears pierced as a child!!

Surgical spirit always reminds me if this too 😃

Out of interest do you let the kids pic the colours they want or do they just pick the templates and you get on with it?

I'm going to let them chose their colors xx

I am going to let them choose their colours! Worried about my prices I am charging £1 for the very small ones (the ones with 4 on a sheet) and £1.50 for the others, do you think thats ok?

I am going to let them choose their colours! Worried about my prices I am charging £1 for the very small ones (the ones with 4 on a sheet) and £1.50 for the others, do you think thats ok?

I think it depends why your doing it, I charge £2 for the small and £3 for the large but that is because I want it to earn a profit, if your just doing them to get your name out there then that's a alright price, maybe £2 for the larger though? Xxx

Also, ladies what do you carry your kits in? I don't like the box mine came in and need another one!! :) xx

i let them choose the colours but while i am doing one child i am already asking the next child what their fav colour is and what colour they would like!! as its so quick means one in one out!

i got my husband to make this for me for when i do glitter tattoos

ecd49d1ee222b0bc72377010e1fc292c_52464.jpg

Just thought I would update you geeks, it wasn't a huge success, mostly because there was just not enough people there :( none of the stalls did very well and i only did about 15 tattoos!! never mind I am doing my kids school fair in a couple of weeks so i will see how that goes, on the bright side the kids loved them and the process went well!!

Thats cute! I hope I can find something :)

Ah that's a shame! 15 is still pretty good especially if there weren't many people there though!! :) xxx

thats ok its a start! and at least you know what to expect in the process x

i think you will probably do better where there are lots of kids so anything at a school also in the summer more want them, just make sure you have price lists on show wherever you go so that you can get your name out there. Also i had tshirts printed so that while i was doing i was advertsiing!

I know i was just kind of expecting them to be queueing up for them!! Souz did you get your t shirt from the glitter tattoo company? I was looking at them the other day and thought they would be a good idea! If you did how did the sizes compare? xx

no i got one from vistaprint with my name across the front and all that i do underneath so that when the mums were queueing with their kids they could see that i didnt just do tattoos, i also got a banner printed that i attached to my table which i have also used at wedding fairs etc so that im not promoting glitter tattoos (ill try and find a pic)

at least you have had practice now so that when you do do a busy event you will be prepared (unlike me that just through myself in at the deep end!)

What are the stencils made from? Could you not spray them with sanitiser? Like you would a nail file?

How much do people charge to go and do a kids party? I've just tried doing some research on line and people seem to be charging loads! Works out to be about £2.50 per child (obviously this is all paid in full by the person organising the party) I though that sounded quite a lot?

Do you charge a set amount if up to 10 kids come / up to 20 kids etc and then do you limit it to just 1 each?

What are the stencils made from? Could you not spray them with sanitiser? Like you would a nail file?

The ones I use are like a sticker. so no you couldnt spray them. They're one use only.

Latest posts

Back