Glitter toes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seatur3

Reaction score
Hi everyone :) I have been offering glittertoes for a bout a month now and I'm havin pretty good luck, but I have some clients that have problems with them chipping of comming off after about a week :( Can anyone tell me how to make them last a little longer ?? Thank you

The toe nails get a lot of build up of non living tissue,
you must remove all of this thoroughly,
your prep has to be spot hun for the glitter toes to last a good 6 weeks. hth :hug:

If they are coming off at the free edge, you need to make sure that you are capping that free edge to prevent chipping.

I have the most amazing turqoise glitter toes at the moment and we have had so much business from me just wearing my flip flops to work.

Mine have been on a couple of weeks now with no chipping or lifting.

Just out of interest what is your sequence, maybe there is something going wrong there?

i use a soak off gel as the base for glitter toes. its so much more flexible than traditional gel and never chips or cracks and stays on for weeks.

It's all down to prep on toes if you think about the build up of cr*p on them

i do my cuticle work and dont forget you dont jus push back the cuticle u start from almost the free edge as there's overgrown there.

i then scrub them with my pedicure scrub(only the nails and surrounding skin, clean them roughen up with white block clean with nail pure clean like ALOT
then file it and roughen up some more with a file this time clean again ad primer and start.

is it jsut a gel with glitter in you use for the glitter toe nails? the tech at my salon does the french look hollywood toe nails is it the same idea but with a coloured glitter gel? what brand do you all use? and how much do you charge? xx

I am extra careful too with prep and removing non living tissue. I make sure i really squeak the surface of the toe nail too. Make sure you get down the sidewalls too where things may be lurking!! I use young nails mani-q gel which is flexible soak off gel and then the finish gel after which is not soak off and they are lasting weeks. You really do get so much business when they are on show! I've just done a new set ready for my holiday and cant stop looking at them lol!!:)

Thank u all for the advice :) Eveything I use comes from young nails- Synergy gel, glitters, uv lamp etc., and the application is as follows

1.push back cuticles, remove protein growth
2.thin layer of base gel
3.glitter...cure 2 mins-other foot
4.brush off excess glitter
5."float" flex gel ...cure 2 mins
6. remove sticky residue w/ swipe
7.finish gel...cure2 mins

we are charging $25 its only about 1/3 of the clients who are having problems, but I want them to last for everyone:)

do you remove shine from the natural nail ,have you tried using a primer,?doesnt the young nails system require the protein bond ?
other than that i would try a soak off gel. if you use young nails, then their one is called mani-q

Thank u all for the advice :) Eveything I use comes from young nails- Synergy gel, glitters, uv lamp etc., and the application is as follows

1.push back cuticles, remove protein growth
2.thin layer of base gel
3.glitter...cure 2 mins-other foot
4.brush off excess glitter
5."float" flex gel ...cure 2 mins
6. remove sticky residue w/ swipe
7.finish gel...cure2 mins

we are charging $25 its only about 1/3 of the clients who are having problems, but I want them to last for everyone:)

You need to cure your base gel before adding glitter,
cure the base then apply glitter to the sticky base layer, use an orange wood stick to get glitter neat and clean around the edges, them float your flex gel on and cure, then rest of steps,

your base layer is not fully curing with the glitter on and this is why they they are chipping,
that's what i would guess anyway, hth

I don't cure before I add glitter Lou and they are perfect for weeks. I base layer glitter, cure, remove any excess glitter, another gel layer, wipe, lightly buff to remove any bumps, top coat ----- voila.

Your lamp could be stronger than the one she is using hun :hug:

I don't cure before I add glitter Lou and they are perfect for weeks. I base layer glitter, cure, remove any excess glitter, another gel layer, wipe, lightly buff to remove any bumps, top coat ----- voila.

thats my method too. getting perfect results.

Latest posts

Back