Glitters for nail art and tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joingram87

Reaction score
Hiya,

I was just wondered where you geeks get you loose glitter powders from for doing nail art?

I want to have a go at fingernailfixers new way of shellac rockstar nails and glitters tips and currently have no glitter.

I have looked for threads and can see a lot of people use nfu-oh glitters and glitters from nail graphix but some also use glitters from craft stores?? Are the craft stores glitters ok to use? Should I be looking for a certain 'thickness' of glitters for nail art? Is glitter paste better?

If I have missed a thread that covers all this please let me know :) if not what are your fav glitters to use and where can I get them from?

Jo xxx
Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I get all my glitters from nail delights, they have lots to choose from:green:

I was wondering if I could use body glitter that I use for tattoos?

Oohh yeh nail delights! I had seen them on there last time I had a browse :) are they good? Silly question really! If they wernt you wouldn't get them from there lol!

Jo xxx
Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

lol they are good, and you also get trade discount to:hug:

I get glitters from: craft stores, dollar stores, 'flea-bay' (great for specialty glitters like holographic, always cheapest to buy in 'sets')... etc... Martha Stewart has some GREAT collections too in VERY big containers!!
I've not had a single one bleed colour yet.
I use them both in L&P and uv gel.

I've also started using pure pigments and am loving those as well!
Has GREATLY increased my 'rainbow' of colours by learning to mix my own colours and glitters at a friendly cost.

However, when using pigments, I apply a thin layer of clear product first, THEN my 'mixture'.

hth's

hth's

I did wonder about the marvelour fleabay ;) but wasnt sure if the glitters ahd to be formed in any special way or anything to be used on the nail.

Will I sound dumb if I ask what pure pigments are?! :o lol

I get glitters from: craft stores, dollar stores, 'flea-bay' (great for specialty glitters like holographic, always cheapest to buy in 'sets')... etc... Martha Stewart has some GREAT collections too in VERY big containers!!
I've not had a single one bleed colour yet.
I use them both in L&P and uv gel.

Has GREATLY increased my 'rainbow' of colours by learning to mix my own colours and glitters at a friendly cost.

However, when using pigments, I apply a thin layer of clear product first, THEN my 'mixture'.

hth's

Can I ask if you still keep to the 75% clear gel 25% colour pigment ratio when you mix your pure pigment colours with the gel?

Fingernailfixer (Holly) gets allot of her glitters from hobbylobby.com and I know she uses Martha Stewart along with some others. There is Nailgraphix as well in the UK which are excellent.

Can I ask if you still keep to the 75% clear gel 25% colour pigment ratio when you mix your pure pigment colours with the gel?

With pure pigment, it's even LESS than that. Really, just a 'pinch' or less. (I recently bought a set of stainless steel measuring spoons: pinch, dash, drop, smidgeon, tad)
1tsp of pure pigment can make A LOT of gel or L&P.
You'll have to fiddle to find your own 'colour'.

With glitters, it's 3 to 1, my mixture (sometimes less though, depending on the look that I want....)

These spoons seem very interesting and I'm sure I will invest in some once I begin to custom colour :)

I am interested to learn more on these pure pigments...am off to do some investigating :)

Thanks every one :) what do you tend to find your most popular glitter colour to be is from your clients?

Among my clients, it varies upon the time of year.
HOWEVER, I 'think' the most popular all around would be: pinks, purples and blues.
I never seem to have enough of those and am always buying more in varying shades.

Hope this helps :green:

I did think purples and pinks would be a safe bet but not so much blue! having said that I guess not everyone will want a feminie colour every time and would opt for a different colour such as blue or green :)

YUP, my different blues move as fast as the pinks and purples.
They tend to stay away from : gold, silver, red & green because they seem very christmassy.

Coppers and neons are popular too, just not as much as the above colours.

hth's

I use Nail Graphix alot but I also use Young Nails - they do LOADS of colours, fab for twinkle toes and also for pressing into your gel polishes! I've done a few lately (there are some poics on my page) also NSI glitters are great too x:)

Mostly I use young nails glitters as the shop is closest to me :) but I've got lots of tubs from arts & craft sets my kids got too, most glitters can be mixed in with your gels regardless of the type,,,, I always mix a small amount and do a test first though just in case ( i keep the bigger bits of nail tips I've cut)

I get all my glitters from nail delights, they have lots to choose from:green:

Thankyou, you will be pleased to hear we have just extended the stargazer range to now include the holographic, glitzy and plain colours to go along the the UV reactive glitter we have .:green: so now even more to choose from x

Thankyou, you will be pleased to hear we have just extended the stargazer range to now include the holographic, glitzy and plain colours to go along the the UV reactive glitter we have .:green: so now even more to choose from x

Just looked on the website about the uv glitter and it says it reacts to light, does anyone know if this works with the led at all?

I'm just posting here so that I can find it easily at a later date :-D xx

ooh i so feel another glitter order coming on:green: lol

Latest posts

Back