Glitzy Lips foil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haynails

Beauty therapist and course provider
Reaction score
ok so i had my delivery of glitzy lips today and look lush. i am miffed tho as they are EXACTLY the same as the nail foild that you can get for £2 a meter! even doen to the little pot they come in. i had a go with the glitzy foil and then again with the cheap nail foil and the results were the same. even the colours are similar. anyone else found this or tried with the nail foil x

Can I ask where you get you nail foil from please?

nail delights x

but what about the adhesive?

Oh don't know whether to order it or not now!

surely the adhesive will be different though? glitzy lips comes with the adhesive doesn't it?

I haven't got any yet, but isn't it more flexible (stretchy) than normal nail foil? I assume it has to be to cope with lip movement??? It would be interesting to see the list of ingredients for the nail foil adhesive and the Glitzy Lips adhesive - surely they have to be different?

I haven't got any yet, but isn't it more flexible (stretchy) than normal nail foil? I assume it has to be to cope with lip movement??? It would be interesting to see the list of ingredients for the nail foil adhesive and the Glitzy Lpis adhesive - surely they have to be different?

the foils are identical, honestly no difference at all. i havent tried using the nail adhesive. so i would buy glitzy adhesive to be sure but cheap foil x

I have just had an email about these and had not looked at them before they are identical to the foils and am a bit shocked about how they have remarketed an old idea, i will be checking with my supplier to see if the adhesive is the same but it certainly does look like it, please watch this space and i will check for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
surely the adhesive will be different though? glitzy lips comes with the adhesive doesn't it?

I cant find where I read that the material was slightly different but this is a post from GlitzyLips from a previous thread, so yes, the adhesive is different x

We are so excited to share GlitzyLips info with you. Yes its the same foils we have used with one major difference!! Our GlitzyStic adhesive has been created especially for the lips. Non Toxic-FDA and EU compliant! Not the same adhesive that comes with the foils you use on the nails.
Ask me anything Im happy to share! # TRENDWATCH!

i presumed it would be different for the price to be so high

Are you ladies all forgetting that Glitzy lips are a RETAIL item for your clients?

All your questions sound as though you are only asking for your own personal use!! Why did you buy Glitzy Lips .. purely to use yourself or to get those retail sales to your clients?

If you want to use Glitzy adhesive and nail foils then that is YOUR decision, but I want to retail the lovely little retail packages to my clients. I am paying for a retail package to SELL.

At the moment the Glitzy Adhesive is not sold separately ... it is all contained in the pack for the end consumer to purchase as a kit.

Hi everyone but i have been speaking the the manufacture of our nail foils this morning and he advises DO NOT use nail foil adhesive on lips as although a non toxic product it has not been tested for this use and he would be unsure of the results it would have, He also advised me of how the nail foils are made with layer upon layer of Ink and this is certainly not a safe product to ingest My and His advise would be do not use any of Our products for this use as we would not be able to guarenttee it will not make you sick. I will be adding a warning to all products on our site today. He also advised that originally sold these products to the inventor untill he realised what she was doing and cut her off, there are new suppliers now in place and i do not speak for their products if there is, any questions please ask.

Would someone please advise if the GlitzyLips foil is FDA approved, I understand the adhesive is but just wanted to make sure in case my clients ask?

He also advised that originally sold these products to the inventor untill he realised what she was doing and cut her off, there are new suppliers now in place and i do not speak for their products if there is, any questions please ask.

What does this bit mean ND?

xx

i was messaged from a friend of glitzy lips creator after posting this and she said the creator confirmed the foil is the same but adhesive isnt. x

Hello techs,
I am reading all of your concerns and will reply shortly. I to am a nail tech so I have clients to work on all day. Please be patient with me as soon as I have a break I will post. I have a ton of respect for my industry and all of my peers on SalonGeek and will be treating you with the respect you deserve.
Thanks so much

Are you ladies all forgetting that Glitzy lips are a RETAIL item for your clients?

All your questions sound as though you are only asking for your own personal use!! Why did you buy Glitzy Lips .. purely to use yourself or to get those retail sales to your clients?

Gigi - can you tell me how much you would retail these for in your salon? This is something I don't normally do, I have a treatment room in my house, and want to start retailing products, but don't know where to start? I do sell Solar oil, but don't put much on top of what I pay. Any advice would be very helpful!
Sue x

Gigi - can you tell me how much you would retail these for in your salon? This is something I don't normally do, I have a treatment room in my house, and want to start retailing products, but don't know where to start? I do sell Solar oil, but don't put much on top of what I pay. Any advice would be very helpful!
Sue x

You would retail the Glitzy Lip Pack for £29.95 per pack.

You could do treatments for £15 in your room then if the client wants you could sell the rest of the pack for £20.

Latest posts

Back