Glitzy Lips foil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You would retail the Glitzy Lip Pack for £29.95 per pack.

You could do treatments for £15 in your room then if the client wants you could sell the rest of the pack for £20.

Do you really think anyone would pay £15 to have an 8 hour product applied? They would have to make an appointment just before they were due to go out for the evening! I suppose its only £5 in the end because they can buy the rest of the pack at a discount, but we would all have to become experts at applying it.

Do you really think anyone would pay £15 to have an 8 hour product applied? They would have to make an appointment just before they were due to go out for the evening! I suppose its only £5 in the end because they can buy the rest of the pack at a discount, but we would all have to become experts at applying it.

I've not decided about my opinion of the product yet but People pay to have there make up done for the evening or their hair put up so why not to have glitzy lips applied? Just a thought :)

What does this bit mean ND?

xx

My supplier said he was selling the adhesive and foil to someone and when he found out they were selling them for use on lips he stopped supplying them as they are not tested or proven safe, he explained to me the method of layering ink to create the foil, and the intense toxic smell they give off when being cut ect as they are insence a film made of ink, they are designed for use on the nails under a topcoat and not to be ingested in any way.

This supplier now no longer supplies for this product so i can not comment on any possible new supplier, I am not slating a product if you wish to use it ect please do so but please make sure you are using a product that is safe and is not going to get you sued if illness occurs.

My supplier said he was selling the adhesive and foil to someone and when he found out they were selling them for use on lips he stopped supplying them as they are not tested or proven safe, he explained to me the method of layering ink to create the foil, and the intense toxic smell they give off when being cut ect as they are insence a film made of ink, they are designed for use on the nails under a topcoat and not to be ingested in any way.

This supplier now no longer supplies for this product so i can not comment on any possible new supplier, I am not slating a product if you wish to use it ect please do so but please make sure you are using a product that is safe and is not going to get you sued if illness occurs.

I believe that scare mongering is exactly what you are doing and it is obvious. Glitzy lips is being sold all over the world now .. And is obviously perfectly safe.

There are thousands of chemicals that are used in the manufacturing of things thst in the raw state could csuse harm but when dry are not in the least bit harmful and a good example is monomer liquid used for making nail enhancements. You wouldn't ingest that either as monomer as it would make you very sick but when dry and made into a nail enhancement it would not harm you if you did.

Ingesting is not the only way of chemicals being taken into the body so that remark is just silly. The biggest organ we have is our skin ... People use foil on their skin all the time in the form of tattoos and body art? Is there a warning against doing this on your nail foils? All those nasty toxic chemicals in those foils being absorbed directly into the blood stream? I bet not.

What ever is used in the manufacture of foils is obviously not harmful when dry. If it were you wouldn't be able to use them on fingernails with or without a top coat as people have them in their mouths all the time. Does your foil manufacturer have a warning about that on his foils ? Nail Polish would be very harmful to drink ... People bite it off all the time and live to tell the tale beasuse when dry it does not have the same effect.

Glitzy lips are being enjoyed all over the world just like nail enhancements. Enjoy using and wearing them with the assurance that you and your clients who purchase them will live to tell the tale. :D

I think this subject is exhausted now.

Last edited:
1 am just passing on what i was warned and yes he does say not to use on skin and my website now does have a warning to not use on skin or lips, he has taken legal advise on that fact that people may use this product in this way and is now sending warnings with all his orders please dont sue the messenger if someone got ill using our products like this i can not afford for it to come back to us.

Well the world has gone sue crazy and there are warnings all over everything more for litigation purposes than the fact that there is an actual threat to life and limb. As you yourself have said it is for your Own financial protection that you have put a warning rather than for the purchasers protection. Just in case.

I'm sure there are the usual warnings on the product packaging of GL as well if it is warranted.

An answer to my question would be appreciated please ..... are Glitzy Lips safe to use, are the foils FDA approved?

Although I think the idea of Glitzy Lips is fab and they look great, to sell them as a retail item you are looking at around an rrp of £30 which I think is way too high for what it is. Also the prices to charge that were advised at Olympia to apply them to a customer of £15 - £20 are unrealistic. I think they are a great novelty item, but I think the marketed cost is way too high.

An answer to my question would be appreciated please ..... are Glitzy Lips safe to use, are the foils FDA approved?

Glitzy lips please can u set the record straight please x

Although I think the idea of Glitzy Lips is fab and they look great, to sell them as a retail item you are looking at around an rrp of £30 which I think is way too high for what it is. Also the prices to charge that were advised at Olympia to apply them to a customer of £15 - £20 are unrealistic. I think they are a great novelty item, but I think the marketed cost is way too high.
I don't know, it just all boils down to your customer base, I have clients who spend £20-£30 regularly on lipsticks, £100 on face creams and others who won't pay more than £5.99, horses for courses.
I'm going to apply it for a friend of mine at her next burlesque performance and I'm sure I'll sell some on the back of that.

Not impressed that I can't get an answer to my question, you'd think it would be a simple yes or no ..... are Glitzy Lips foils safe to use on lips?

You are retailing it for £30 and the customers are getting at least 30 applications, I'm sure they will think that is pretty good value :)
The nearest competitor is £15 for 3 set and that is not for Metallic.

If you do a set in the salon you are charging for your product and time so should charge accordingly :)

Am still hoping to try out GL myself - for me and my little girl though not for clients lol I don't actually think the retail price is too bad though 30 applications for £30 - that is £1 per application whichis a bargain for a quality product that will set your smoochy lips aside on a night out :D

My daughter would die for GL in her birthday box also - she is a 9 year old diva lol xx

Going to throw a spanner in the works ! I think they look awful ! really cheap and tacky ! Going off to hide now ! :)

I doubt I would wear them out as such but for a girly night/day with my little girl i would be game for giving them a try :D

I think it also depends on the person wearing them - they only look cheap if the person wearing them doesn't do s with grace and class :D xx

Not impressed that I can't get an answer to my question, you'd think it would be a simple yes or no ..... are Glitzy Lips foils safe to use on lips?

Of course it is safe why would they be selling it globally, legally if it wasnt? Google them theres a website it will answer ya Qs :) xx

can u plz provide me with a link that gives info on what its made of ..I can't seem to find anything !

I don't think I will be trying them anytime soon as nothing lasts on my lips!

I love the idea of applying these in clubs...maybe working something out with a couple.of local clubs...Im sure if people spend £5 on a poxy little photo in a club they will pay £8-10 for some lips...and i can give them my business card at the same time!
Kxx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

I love the idea of applying these in clubs...maybe working something out with a couple.of local clubs...Im sure if people spend £5 on a poxy little photo in a club they will pay £8-10 for some lips...and i can give them my business card at the same time!
Kxx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

that lovely girl is a blooming brilliant idea xxx

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

I have been talking to Athena behind the scenes on behalf of all you ( I think 2) doubters lol ....

She tells me that on her weekend off she is preparing a list of questions and answers to post on the site ... she does have a life outside of her salon, nailtalk radio and Glitzy lips so while you are there 'not impressed' I am very impressed that she is doing this in a professional and dignified manner so that many and not just 2 people who are asking will have the answers.

One person has already been spouting gossip and speculation both about Athenas supply and the validity of the product for use on lips. The product is perfectly safe and D&C (drug and cosmetic) approved. It is even patented for use on lips and that patent belongs to Athena.

Not going to begin to swap gossip here on salon geek as it is no ones business why Athena chose to change her supplier of products ... yes I said chose to change ... why people make the decisions they do is not the worlds business it is private (even if some choose to be vocal and misleading).

So I hope this helps until the time when Athena posts her Q&A's ... it is perfectly rediculous to believe for a moment, that anyone would launch a patented product world wide that would not be acceptable in the marketplace.

As to whether or not some think the product is tacky .. what does that matter if thousands do not? I'm selling it not wearing it myself. Some do seem to miss the point! What we may think personally is completely unimportant in retailing if many of your clients will find it fun and a good old giggle to buy and wear for a night out. I will not be doing it as a treatment, I'm selling it with instructions for use and a video link. Just like Benefit sell all of their cosmetics. Works well for them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back