Glitzy Lips - How well is it selling?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lovebeauty14

Reaction score
Hello Geeks.
I was just looking at the S2 website (a dangerous thing when you are as addicted to buying new products as I am) and I was checking out the Glitzy Lips. Well it's been out now for a few months and I was just wondering, from those therapists that stock it, how well is it doing on the market? Do you sell many of them?
Thanks for any information you can give me. :biggrin:

Don't know about other therapists but I haven't sold any at all!

Me neither. In fact I gave mine away as Xmas presents. I think a lot of hype for not a lot of following to be honest. That said they are lovely x

Sent from my AT100 using SalonGeek

Me either I've sold zilch!

I've not sold any either but my clientele are mainly more...ahem 'mature' ladies. They are lovely but I have 3 boxes and don't know what to do with them...
Rhiannon x

Oh no!
I was wondering as I always think if I would have it done, and to be honest, I'm not sure if I would. It does look really cool though.

I was considering selling these too - will be interested to see if sales increase as I am sure Jayne Torvill & the other girls wearing glitzy lips on the new TV advert for dancing on ice...

I can't buy them quick enough! They are flying out the door. Try wearing them yourself, even to work. I had one lady buy 4 lots in one day. It's how u sell it ladies xx

You have to remember, these have only been in existence for 6 months so they are not going to have a massive following. Come on ladies, it's up to us to be at the forefront of the industry to our clients and bring them the latest trends. I live in a town that in mainly retired couples so if I can find athe right market and sell them, so can you xx :hug:

Sorry but I don't like them at all, hated the feeling of them and just wanted to lick my lips the whole time they were on as they felt so dry and just didn't like the look.

For the first few minutes they do feel a bit strange but that soon wears off. Why couldn't u lick your lips??

For the first few minutes they do feel a bit strange but that soon wears off. Why couldn't u lick your lips??

No I kept licking my lips as they felt so dry, looked a right nut :lol:

I'm sure I've read that Amy Childs will be offering Glitzy Lips in her salon? That's sure to generate a great deal of interest from the young women who enjoy her reality show.
I don't care for them personally, but I don't run my business on what I like- it's about what clients want and what will bring me new business.
I've had reasonable interest in Glitzy Lips marketing to young club goers.

Last edited:
I'm sure I've read that Amy Childs will be offering Glitzy Lips in her salon? That's sure to generate a great deal of interest in the young women who enjoy her reality show x

Why can't you generate your own interest??? It makes me a bit mad when I hear "it won't sell" and then your sitting waiting for others to do the marketing for you. I held an open evening at my salon, just an hour and a half and put Glitzy Lips on everyone that came in. It was a great success. I am always busy with promoting not only my business but the products I sell but then again, my profession is my life and if I don't do well, my bills don't get paid.

Edited my post above to add something else, but you'd already replied lol.

I completely agree with you- I just made the point that for those that don't successfully market for themselves, interest among the 'Amy childs generation' may soon pick up.

I haven't said that we shouldn't generate our own interest- because I've worked hard to build my ideas and marketing, as I'm sure you have- only that there may well be some interest there.

Last edited:
It took me a while to get to grips with it but once I did it looked fab on if maybe felt a bit dry! Not good to wear if you are going out for a meal though lol

I was intending to sell but being mobile it's really difficult but I do advertise it on my website so if anyone asked I could get it for them .... one of the downsides of not being in a salon!!! :(

I do think though that if you market it properly and as with all your products just talk about it all the time then you will get interest (same as when Shellac 'came in' really) and I think before long people will start asking for it just like all the other products that once where new!!!

Apologies if I sounded a bit harsh. Have been reading lots of posts tonight and the main theme seems to be moaning without doing anything about it. I think the Glitzy Lips are fab and I'm quite plain and not very glamorous at all. They are awesome for me. Maybe that's why I am finding it easy to sell them, if you have gait in a product it shows and people who trust you, trust your judgement also xx

I don't think you were harsh at all- I understood where you were coming from. All the moaning about getting business and fussing about what other people are doing gets on my nerves as well sometimes. It's just moaning for the sake of it if people don't put their focus on themselves, I agree xx

Apologies if I sounded a bit harsh. Have been reading lots of posts tonight and the main theme seems to be moaning without doing anything about it. I think the Glitzy Lips are fab and I'm quite plain and not very glamorous at all. They are awesome for me. Maybe that's why I am finding it easy to sell them, if you have gait in a product it shows and people who trust you, trust your judgement also xx

I don't think you were harsh. But i do think people are entitled to say if they think they are rubbish. Same as you saying you like them. I personally like the look but mtg clients don't. And i have a young client base. I've worn mine a lot. I think also they look a bit much on me. I have too much going on with my hair and eyelashes and clothes so i sometimes feel like a Jesse j wannabe...and Im far from that. I also think they are harder to apply than it looks and i don't thinly you get anywhere near the.number of applications per pack as indicated xxx

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

Why can't you generate your own interest??? It makes me a bit mad when I hear "it won't sell" and then your sitting waiting for others to do the marketing for you. I held an open evening at my salon, just an hour and a half and put Glitzy Lips on everyone that came in. It was a great success. I am always busy with promoting not only my business but the products I sell but then again, my profession is my life and if I don't do well, my bills don't get paid.

I like your attitude Sammi.. You go girl. I felt quite inspired after reading your posts. Felt very positive and gave me a few ideas about my own business. Thanks

Latest posts

Back