Glitzy Lips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the vicious lips from www.lynxnailsandbeauty.co.uk the good thing with these is the option to buy a pack of 3 mixed designs, 3 of same design or a pack designed for kids, my niece loved the little cupcake ones and I got matching nail wraps for her as well.

Now Im not being cheeky or trying to make people out to be stupid but can I check that the people who have almost ripped their lips off are applying the correct side of the foil to the lips??
I say this because when I first used them I automatically applied the foil side on the lips and almost made my daughter cry :Scared:

I have had a few people do the same thing so very easy to do

You apply the primer leave until the ultraviolet colour goes clear then apply the strip DULL SIDE to the lips so you see the foil, rub well then pull off.
If you feel you have missed a bit add a bit more primer, wait then apply more foil.:biggrin:

Now Im not being cheeky or trying to make people out to be stupid but can I check that the people who have almost ripped their lips off are applying the correct side of the foil to the lips??
I say this because when I first used them I automatically applied the foil side on the lips and almost made my daughter cry :Scared:

I have had a few people do the same thing so very easy to do

You apply the primer leave until the ultraviolet colour goes clear then apply the strip DULL SIDE to the lips so you see the foil, rub well then pull off.
If you feel you have missed a bit add a bit more primer, wait then apply more foil.:biggrin:

Important question to ask but yes I applied the foil the correct way round LOL and waited to the adhesive went clear LOL!!!

I watched Kelly apply Glitzy Lips to 100's of people at the show and they went on perfectly. To Celebalook... Why would hers be perfect every time and yours not be? Do you think it is something you are doing? I can't understand how easy it is and yet you are saying that you can't do it?

Glitzy Lips are not the same as the Trendy ones... They don't have metallic for one and it is a different application method. You also mentioned someone was rude to you at the show. I am saddened that you couldn't have mentioned that to either Sam or myself rather than shouting it out to all and sundry on here? I would have at least listened and tried to fix the situation :idea:

I watched Kelly apply Glitzy Lips to 100's of people at the show and they went on perfectly. To Celebalook... Why would hers be perfect every time and yours not be? Do you think it is something you are doing? I can't understand how easy it is and yet you are saying that you can't do it?

Glitzy Lips are not the same as the Trendy ones... They don't have metallic for one and it is a different application method. You also mentioned someone was rude to you at the show. I am saddened that you couldn't have mentioned that to either Sam or myself rather than shouting it out to all and sundry on here? I would have at least listened and tried to fix the situation :idea:

Hi Mrs Geek. Yes I think I must be doing something wrong as other geeks are finding it really easy to apply. It was only my 1st attempt and I had most of my lips covered but just couldn't fill in the missing bits. I am a little concerned though as I have peeled the skin off my top lip on the right hand side. Do you think I have had a reaction to the adhesive or maybe I didn't apply enough?

I had a right nightmare when I bought them... All I got was sore lips to begin with. Perseverance is key x

I've been reading various threads about Glitzy lips, are they really that easy to apply, I feel a bit anxious about being let loose on a client if I might potentially take of some of their skin off? Where I live they wouldn't think twice about trying to make a claim on my insurance! Might be best if I just retail them lol

I saw about 40 people (all girls lol) waiting to get the glitzy lips done and they were all fanning the adhesive on their lips for aaaages beforehand and then the results were amazing. One of our students had the pink leopard print done and I so wanted to get them done myself but A) I couldn't be bothered waiting behind the mass of women lol and B) I was teaching that evening so may have looked a tad unprofessional ;-)

On another note my colleague & I received excellent service from Kay who answered all our questions even tho the S2 stand was completely mobbed! Thanks :-D xoxo

dont think the pink leopard is glitzy lips they dont do a pattern like that lol

A few of my friends have been asking me about these. I don't think I would offer it as a treatment but I'd love to know how to do them.
My wholesalers do not sell them- can anyone recommend where to buy & what adhesive is used?
x

A few of my friends have been asking me about these. I don't think I would offer it as a treatment but I'd love to know how to do them.
My wholesalers do not sell them- can anyone recommend where to buy & what adhesive is used?
x

Sweet Squared are the official UK distributors and the adhesive is included in the packet.
Rhiannon x

Okay after a bit of practice I can now apply glitzy lips. I have to say it looks amazing but I hate the feeling of my lips being so dry so am afraid it's not for me. I think I would be able to last an hour wearing it. :eek:

Latest posts

Back